Everyone allied culprit

Report any problems with the mod here

Everyone allied culprit

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Sep 19, 2017 01:32

The event maintenance.67 (added in 1.5) appears to be a probable culprit for the 'everyone allied to everyone' issue. I've managed to get a save where I can reliably replicate the issue within a couple of years of loading it. If I comment out 'add_alliance = { who = ROOT years = 10 }' in the event in question, it no longer occurs. I'm not sure why maintenance.67 would cause this issue, but will investigate further.

EDIT: To be clear, I agree that some sort of vanilla bug is behind this, but whatever that bug is the maintenance.67 event seems to be triggering it.
Tiranasta

Re: Everyone allied culprit

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Sep 19, 2017 02:07

Well that was easier than I expected. The vanilla bug is that any use of add_alliance will ally everyone in the world (it hasn't shown up in vanilla for a while because vanilla has no uses of add_alliance). I'll report it to Paradox.
Tiranasta

PostPosted by danshamal » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:29

This is good news!

So is there a way that I can edit some files and fix the problem myself or we have to wait for the next patch update?

If I go to my save file is there a way to fix it or just in a new game with the comment out edited in the event maintenance.67 as you said?

Thanks again for all the help everyone gave to this topic and others. I am amazed on how this community is ever dynamic and resorceful!
danshamal

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Sep 19, 2017 16:46

I posted this in the other thread:

Tiranasta wrote:add_alliance is used at the following locations:

* common\cb_types\00_cb_types.txt, line 415
* events\aegons_landing_events.txt, lines 144 and 5053
* events\feast_for_crows_events.txt, line 6615
* events\maintenance_events.txt, line 9712
* events\wikid.txt, lines 10490 and 10639

The simplest short term workaround would just be to comment out these lines (as always when modifying mod files, make backups first). This will of course result in the events not behaving quite as intended, but thanks to the bug this is already the case, and I don't see how this could make it worse. It should at least stop the issue (if it doesn't, let me know).

My expectation is that this should work in existing saved games too.

EDIT: To anyone who doesn't get this issue: Could you please start a game as Aegon in the War of Conquest bookmark and accept the Storm King's offer of alliance? This should instantly trigger the 'everyone allied to everyone' bug, so I'd be interested to hear whether that's the case for you.
Tiranasta

PostPosted by knuckey » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:58

Thanks for the report, this event has been removed for the next version anyway, as paradox has taught the AI how to make alliances properly.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:14

That should help a lot, but any other event that uses add_alliance will still be a potential trigger (albeit a much rarer one) until Paradox fixes this.
Tiranasta

Return to Bug Reports