Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

For any gfx related subject (flags, portraits, icons, interface...)

Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Lysten » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26

Just show some samples of the portrait-pack I've been working on.

-Northern clothing is thicker, and the neckline is higher.
-Velvet, leather and fur are very popular clothing materials.

Image


-Southern ladies' dresses are made of chiffon, brocade and myrish lace, usually in low cut style.
-As a result of their wealth, Ladies of the Reach often wear jewelry.

Image


If you have any suggestions, please let me know, Thx. :)
User avatar
Lysten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:56

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Trotskisaurus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 18:44

Wow these are really nice work! Are you just going to focus on the North and the Reach (not that this wouldn't be any mean feat!) or are you going to do some work on other cultures too?
Trotskisaurus
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 08:52

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Fire and Blood » Thu Sep 21, 2017 07:24

Lysten wrote:Just show some samples of the portrait-pack I've been working on.

-Northern clothing is thicker, and the neckline is higher.
-Velvet, leather and fur are very popular clothing materials.

Image


-Southern ladies' dresses are made of chiffon, brocade and myrish lace, usually in low cut style.
-As a result of their wealth, Ladies of the Reach often wear jewelry.

Image


If you have any suggestions, please let me know, Thx. :)


Oh wow, I've seen many graphical modifications but this is a whole new level! They look very real :o
Maybe you can change the first Northman crown from gold to silver? They don't strike me as the kind of people to wear gold.

I'm also working on my project but it is far from yours, any tips for me? :(

Keep up the good work!!
Fire and Blood
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 09:06

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Helvetti » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49

Yeah, AFAIK First Men liked Silver, Iron, etc.
Image
User avatar
Helvetti
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 03:03

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Fededorian » Thu Sep 21, 2017 15:03

Speechless...
Absolutely wonderful work. I'll looking forward for your mod :shock:
User avatar
Fededorian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 01:10
Location: Italy

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Lysten » Fri Sep 22, 2017 03:08

Trotskisaurus wrote:Wow these are really nice work! Are you just going to focus on the North and the Reach (not that this wouldn't be any mean feat!) or are you going to do some work on other cultures too?


Yeah, dornish, valeman , and so on.... I'm a little slow because of my busy work, but I'll finish them :lol:
For Valeman , here is the crown of Sharra Arryn
Image
User avatar
Lysten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:56

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Lysten » Fri Sep 22, 2017 04:00

Helvetti wrote:Yeah, AFAIK First Men liked Silver, Iron, etc.

Fire and Blood wrote:Maybe you can change the first Northman crown from gold to silver? They don't strike me as the kind of people to wear gold.


I thought the northern nobles, though poor, still wore plain gold ornaments.
But the silver crown is great. It looks more elegant than the golden crown!
ThanQ! :D
Image
Image

Fire and Blood wrote:I'm also working on my project but it is far from yours, any tips for me? :(


Same as other mod, most images are repainted from the vanilla portrait in CK2, and then pieced together. :)
But I'll add some textures and patterns to make it look better. "Brocade" and "chiffon" clothes are made from them.

I'm not sure whether I said it clearly or not. Because English is rarely used in my living environment, I'm not good at communicating in English.
Hope won't mislead you. I'll upload a picture to illustrate it tomorrow. :D
User avatar
Lysten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:56

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Lysten » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:43

Image

Sketch of the working.
Hope it helpful.
User avatar
Lysten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:56

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Fededorian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 15:24

That's a a pretty professional presentation.
If you're still open to suggestion for when you'll do Dorne you can aim something similar to artwork of Nymeria for AWOIAF
Image
Exposed skin,gold and light jewelry.. There should be something you can use in the muslim, southindian and african portrait
User avatar
Fededorian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 01:10
Location: Italy

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Vierwood » Sat Sep 23, 2017 15:49

I would really love to see some real plate armor, kind of like the ones found in CPR.
Vierwood
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 01:27

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Anthony » Sat Sep 23, 2017 18:30

These are amazingly well done! Love the shadowing and colors, they give the portraits some life.

Keep it up!
Anthony
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 01:17

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Fire and Blood » Sun Sep 24, 2017 04:59

Lysten wrote:Image

Sketch of the working.
Hope it helpful.


Thanks a lot, it helps! But something is bothering me. My portraits are of lower resolution compared to yours and they look fugly when I recolor them, does this have something to do with my PC? and what software do you use to do this all? :D

Oh and I am so happy with the growing interests in graphical modding! :lol:

Image
Fire and Blood
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 09:06

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Lysten » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:28

Fededorian wrote:That's a a pretty professional presentation.
If you're still open to suggestion for when you'll do Dorne you can aim something similar to artwork of Nymeria for AWOIAF
Image
Exposed skin,gold and light jewelry.. There should be something you can use in the muslim, southindian and african portrait


Oh, I love this painting! The gold jewels look very exquisite and exotic!

Yeah,exposed skin……The tricky thing is that it's just a portrait of the head...

If the clothes cover the collarbone too much, it looks like an ordinary costume...

But if the collarbone is naked, emmmmm, then it looks like the character is wearing nothing... ;)

Anyway, I'll try when I make the Dornish portraits. :) Thx~
Last edited by Lysten on Sun Sep 24, 2017 15:30, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Lysten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:56

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Lysten » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:57

Fire and Blood wrote:
Thanks a lot, it helps! But something is bothering me. My portraits are of lower resolution compared to yours and they look fugly when I recolor them, does this have something to do with my PC? and what software do you use to do this all? :D

Oh and I am so happy with the growing interests in graphical modding! :lol:

Image



The ruby necklace of Melisandre ? It's still pretty, though dark.

I think the texture of copper and rubies is not clear enough.

When you think the portrait has a low resolution, it may be that the edges are not clear enough or that the texture is bad. And if you recolored the metal material incautiously, it will look like plastic. :lol:

I use Photoshop...in Chinese.So I need to think about how to answer you because the interface language is completely different. If you don't mind, wait a few days and I'll send you another sketch to talk about small tricks. :)
User avatar
Lysten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:56

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Fededorian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 15:43

Lysten wrote:Yeah,exposed skin……The tricky thing is that it's just a portrait of the head...
If the clothes cover the collarbone too much, it looks like an ordinary costume...
But if the collarbone is naked, emmmmm, then it looks like the whole person is wearing nothing... ;)


Yeah i know the pain of the narrow space of the portrait, trust me.
Maybe you can work things out using the opacity, but i dont know..it was just an idea and in the end it's up to you ;)

We have accurate of only a handfull of crowns so you can't possibly go wrong on most of your design
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Crown
User avatar
Fededorian
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 01:10
Location: Italy

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Lysten » Sun Sep 24, 2017 16:59

Fededorian wrote:Yeah i know the pain of the narrow space of the portrait, trust me.
Maybe you can work things out using the opacity, but i dont know..it was just an idea and in the end it's up to you ;)

We have accurate of only a handfull of crowns so you can't possibly go wrong on most of your design
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Crown


Wow! ThQ very much for your help and advice :)
I have browsed this page before, but many crowns have no corresponding illustrations.
I find some traditional crowns in "Histories & Lore".I refer to them and do some work.

Image
Image

Image
Image

In order to match the portrait settings of AGOT, I set the crown of winter & bronze flower crown as warrior-king’s crown(the 2nd headgear).
User avatar
Lysten
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:56

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by ssanthony808 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 03:14

is it too soon to declare myself your #1 fan???
I love what you're doing here! I would love to help anyway I can to make this become an actual mod at some point... I have fair experience in photoshop if that's of any use :D
ssanthony808
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 17:57

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Podrick pussy killer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 03:12

Wow really great work cant wait to try it out btw do you use any submod to use those portraits? Love the work make's the crowns look a lot less plain than in the mod or vanilla
Podrick pussy killer
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 00:55

Re: Queen of the North & Queen of the Reach

PostPosted by Aquila » Tue Oct 10, 2017 01:45

God, I would kill for this mod TODAY! Can't wait to see how it turns out, hope you end up doing some armors too.
User avatar
Aquila
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 02:38


Return to Graphics and Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests