1.5 CoB Conquering Volantis made me a triarch, lost election, game over.

Report any problems with the mod here

1.5 CoB Conquering Volantis made me a triarch, lost election, game over.

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 22:08

1.5 Century of Blood CFXJ

Start: Aenar the Exile.

Story time, because the situation is quite unique - I wanted to cheese a King-tier Targaryen Merchant Republic Volantis: I switched to Elective with my first ruler, and made a weak landed vassal my heir. He inherited the duchy of Dragonstone, but I remained the count of Dragonstone, and by far stronger than him - my first ruler didn't conquer anything but won about 20 slave raids and spent it to almost fully upgrade Dragonstone. Next, I made a faction to Overthrow the Monarchy in Dragonstone, won it easily, and chose Merchant Republic. Then I used Dragon Conquest to get some vassals, all the pirates in the Stepstones then the 3 duchies in North Valyria. I didn't create any kingdoms, I was a quadruple duke at this point.

Then I declared Dragon Conquest on Volantis, and won it. Afterwards, my capital remained Dragonstone, I usurped a random county on the Orange Coast but gave that away, and my government form changed to Triarchy. The former Volantene patricians were all regular republics at this point, as I already had 5 families when I conquered them. Then came an election where they didn't love me enough, and I became unlanded upon losing, and got a game over.

Not sure how much of the above is WAD. It was a bit jarring to come in with dragons blazing and go out with a whimper of apathetic voters. What is sure that the game doesn't handle well when landed patricians become unlanded by internal warfare or events. Their houses usually "go extinct" even though they have plenty of living members, a family palace to rule from, and a top title to justify their patrician existence. So being a landless patrician is playable only if I start as one, but stops being playable when I become one.

Save (after conquest, before losing): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9MmWb ... sp=sharing
tirion1987

Re: 1.5 CoB Conquering Volantis made me a triarch, lost election, game over.

PostPosted by Toccs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 22:54

I'm not at home so I can't check your save file at the moment, but what would happen if you were to keep that county on the Orange Coast?
Smart and dumb are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Stark is born the gods flip a coin . . . and it always seems to land on dumb.
Toccs

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 08:14

Toccs wrote:I'm not at home so I can't check your save file at the moment, but what would happen if you were to keep that county on the Orange Coast?

I'd probably lose Dragonstone and keep that.
Also, if at any point I make another Kingdom title, make it primary and restart, my government form changes to Merchant Republic.
tirion1987

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:57

This has now been fixed for the next update

tirion1987 wrote:Also, if at any point I make another Kingdom title, make it primary and restart, my government form changes to Merchant Republic.

This is WAD. If your primary title is not Volantis, you only usually retain the triarchy government if you are essosi valyrian or volantene culture.
knuckey
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports