To have Open invite or to not have open invite...

For any general subject related to the mod

To have Open invite or to not have open invite...

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 14:43

I'm sort of split on my own end, which would best serve to simulate the world.

On the one hand, the religion seems rather divided, which speaks for not having open invite. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be events, where a red priest appear at your court to start converting, etc.

And when playing Daenerys, and choosing to stay in Mereen, to form a new Ghiscar empire, expanding towards Quarth, Volantis etc, it starts to become rather tedious, as you cannot invite subjects from vassal courts etc. Which is rather counter-productive, when you begin to rule an expansive empire with multiple faiths etc.

I can understand the no open marriages rule. That seems like it would be legit enough in ASoIaF. But the rule for not inviting people of other faiths to your court at all seems not to fit the setting, somehow. Is it just me?
Godofmosquitos

Re: To have Open invite or to not have open invite...

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Thu Oct 05, 2017 03:11

I think you are right in that it's not quite lore accurate, but it's there for gameplays sake.

Can enable it in game settings.
Fashbinder
Mod Team

Re: To have Open invite or to not have open invite...

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 07:30

Well, if you disallow cross-faith marriage, but allow cross-faith invites, surely the established faith-dominated areas won't vanish, as rulers will only marry other faiths if they have invited them to their courts, and then always with children being of their faith? Besides from when children are then in some instances taught by other faiths, things will pretty much remain the same, I would think? I'm just fishing for if enabling open invite will break game balance in some horrible way :)
Godofmosquitos

Return to General Discussion