Marry Jon as Daenerys?

For any general subject related to the mod

Marry Jon as Daenerys?

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 08:14

So, I conquered The Seven Kingdoms, and won the War for The Dawn (which was stupid easy? The Others only fielded like 8000 men, which I steamrolled). I can now go the boring way, and marry Aegon (whom I rescued from prison), or I can go the more exciting route, and marry Jon. But how do I do it? He is still Lord Commander of The Night's Watch (which is pointless, as The Others are defeated?). How do I trigger an event which will make him aware of his true heritage, so I can marry him somehow? And yes, I play with R+L=J enabled.

Edit: Does The Others return for another go, if I can still find them in the search menu, even though I cannot see them on the map?
Godofmosquitos

Re: Marry Jon as Daenerys?

PostPosted by ave369 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:25

AFAIK, the R + L = J event only fires if Jon Snow and Howland Reed are somehow at the same county. Try making Howland Reed a commander and moving his army to Castle Black.
ave369

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:00

ave369 wrote:AFAIK, the R + L = J event only fires if Jon Snow and Howland Reed are somehow at the same county. Try making Howland Reed a commander and moving his army to Castle Black.

I see! Interesting :) I will try that. I wonder if I'll be able to marry him then, though. But thx! :)

Btw, does anyone know if The Others returns, after you win the initial go of "War for The Dawn"? :)
Godofmosquitos

PostPosted by ave369 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 14:16

AFAIK, they do not. Once they are not on the map, they are goners.

As for Jon, he also should somehow be removed from the Night's Watch. If you play as him, there are two ways to do this: start as Robb in the ACOK bookmark and write Robb's Will, or start as Jon in the AFFC bookmark and agree to Stannis' offer. I don't know if it is possible to remove Jon from the Watch any other way. Maybe the R+L event does this, maybe not.

Lorewise, you have the right to do this as the Queen on the Iron Throne. So if no options to deblack Jon are available, you can always use the console command remove_trait black_brother (Jon's ID).
Last edited by ave369 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
ave369

PostPosted by PallyWC » Thu Oct 05, 2017 14:30

from what I understand if you ran the bookmark where the others have already shown up...it should be like 100 years till they can pop up again......tho defeating them in Westeros might be made moot by the Five Forts/Yiti going to shit which has happened in many of my games...the others then proceeed to conquer all of Yiti/Ghiscar/Essos...and as it's not "in westeros" you cant do anything...
PallyWC

PostPosted by ave369 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 14:36

Dragonquest something in Eastern Essos and proceed with kicking the Others' asses there. Give the dragonquested country its independence back once you are done.
ave369

PostPosted by suvantar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 15:21

PallyWC wrote:from what I understand if you ran the bookmark where the others have already shown up...it should be like 100 years till they can pop up again......tho defeating them in Westeros might be made moot by the Five Forts/Yiti going to shit which has happened in many of my games...the others then proceeed to conquer all of Yiti/Ghiscar/Essos...and as it's not "in westeros" you cant do anything...

You'll eventually be able to, but only after their conquest comes far enough west that you can politically interact with a real who calls for aid. And by that point, with the way the Others' army builds with every conquest, it could easily be in the 150k-250k range. I once tried to play that out and it resulted in a 100 year stalemate that lasted several generations before I finally accepted that there was just no way for me to win it and that the winter was going to last forever. The main problem is that no one in Yi-Ti ever seems to call an actual War for Dawn because the game AI regards it as futile against such a massive force, so what you end up doing is just going to help against invasion after invasion after invasion. And a lot of the time, the Others get to effectively replenish their forces because they'll invade some tiny place and defeat it so quickly that they don't get a chance to call you or that you are out of diplomatic range of.
suvantar

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 15:37

suvantar wrote:
PallyWC wrote:from what I understand if you ran the bookmark where the others have already shown up...it should be like 100 years till they can pop up again......tho defeating them in Westeros might be made moot by the Five Forts/Yiti going to shit which has happened in many of my games...the others then proceeed to conquer all of Yiti/Ghiscar/Essos...and as it's not "in westeros" you cant do anything...

You'll eventually be able to, but only after their conquest comes far enough west that you can politically interact with a real who calls for aid. And by that point, with the way the Others' army builds with every conquest, it could easily be in the 150k-250k range. I once tried to play that out and it resulted in a 100 year stalemate that lasted several generations before I finally accepted that there was just no way for me to win it and that the winter was going to last forever. The main problem is that no one in Yi-Ti ever seems to call an actual War for Dawn because the game AI regards it as futile against such a massive force, so what you end up doing is just going to help against invasion after invasion after invasion. And a lot of the time, the Others get to effectively replenish their forces because they'll invade some tiny place and defeat it so quickly that they don't get a chance to call you or that you are out of diplomatic range of.

Interesting. In my game, Yi-Ti are fighting The Others in the east, and have actively called for all to join them in their fight. Me included.

Just curious - is there actually anything in lore, which hints to The Others coming from the east as well? Or is it just in the game to spice things up?
Godofmosquitos

PostPosted by suvantar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 17:10

Have you ever responded that you would come?

I tried to do that early on and even though I said, 'yes,' I never became part of the war until I and the Others expanded far enough for me to politically interact with their current target. I assume that the event itself and the announcement of it is global, but you have to meet specific criteria in order to join the ongoing war.

I don't know if there's any precedence in the books for the Others being in Essos. A quick search reveals speculation by a lot of people, but none of them seem to cite any sort of canon evidence that the White Walkers would threaten Essos or come from where they first emerge in Yi-Ti in the game.
suvantar

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 20:58

Interesting. Tried to activate the tower of joy event. But if I select the second option, all I can do is wage war on Jon, and he doesn't become Targaryen.
Godofmosquitos

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Oct 05, 2017 22:38

Spoiler: show
The Five Forts are very old, older than the Golden Empire itself; some claim they were raised by the Pearl Emperor during the morning of the Great Empire to keep the Lion of Night and his demons from the realms of men … and indeed, there is something godlike, or demonic, about the monstrous size of the forts, for each of the five is large enough to house ten thousand men, and their massive walls stand almost a thousand feet high. Of the lands that lie beyond the Five Forts, we know even less. Legends and lies and traveler’s tales are all that ever reach us of these far places. We hear of cities where the men soar like eagles on leathern wings, of towns made of bones, of a race of bloodless men who dwell between the deep valley called the Dry Deep and the mountains. Whispers reach us of the Grey Waste and its cannibal sands, and of the Shrykes who live there, half-human creatures with green-scaled skin and venomous bites. Are these truly lizard-men, or (more likely) men clad in the skins of lizards? Or are they no more than fables, the grumkins and snarks of the eastern deserts? And even the Shrykes supposedly live in terror of K’dath in the Grey Waste, a city said to be older than time, where unspeakable rites are performed to slake the hunger of mad gods. Does such a city truly exist? If so, what is its nature?

We had a discussion about this a long time ago, and of the ideas bounced around was that because we didn't know what the Lion of Night and his demons were, that it should be the White Walkers used for this if I remember correctly.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Fri Oct 06, 2017 09:57

suvantar wrote:Have you ever responded that you would come?

I tried to do that early on and even though I said, 'yes,' I never became part of the war until I and the Others expanded far enough for me to politically interact with their current target. I assume that the event itself and the announcement of it is global, but you have to meet specific criteria in order to join the ongoing war.

I don't know if there's any precedence in the books for the Others being in Essos. A quick search reveals speculation by a lot of people, but none of them seem to cite any sort of canon evidence that the White Walkers would threaten Essos or come from where they first emerge in Yi-Ti in the game.

Yeah, I responded that I would come. Which got me into a ton of wars of conquest, as well as an eastern white walker invasion.
Godofmosquitos

PostPosted by ave369 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:57

Jon becomes Targaryen once he has an empire level title.
ave369

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Mon Oct 09, 2017 13:20

ave369 wrote:Jon becomes Targaryen once he has an empire level title.

But why can't he hook up with Daenerys for acquiring this title? Or hook up with her, if she takes The Seven Kingdoms.
Godofmosquitos

PostPosted by suvantar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 13:26

Being married to an emperor isn't the same thing as being an emperor.
suvantar

PostPosted by Godofmosquitos » Mon Oct 09, 2017 14:40

suvantar wrote:Being married to an emperor isn't the same thing as being an emperor.

Still, it should be possible for them to ally in some manner. A likely possible scenario for the books, is that Daenerys, Jon and Aegon are the three heads of the dragon prophecized. With Euron possibly stealing one, and maybe The Others taking another, like in the show. Although I'm somehow guessing in the books, it'll be The Horn of Winter, carried by Sam, which, perhaps by accident, bring down The Wall.

A good solution in the mod, would be to make both options possible. The walkers can take a dragon if they encounter one in battle. Or, if they find The Horn of Winter/somehow acquire it from Samwell Tarly, they can use that to bring down The Wall.
Godofmosquitos

PostPosted by ave369 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 15:13

It's certainly possible if you play Jon. He gets the Kingdom in the North from either of the two events that remove the black brother trait from him, and Kingdom in the North is an empire title. Robb's Will event makes him Kingindanorf automatically, and the Stannis Alliance event makes him so if Stannis is defeated but Jon manages to kick the Lannisters' butts on his own.

When you play as Dany, however, your best hope is the Robb's Will event. When it fires and Robb is dead, Jon is automatically de-watched and made King in the North. After that, you make him meet Howland, and voila, instant Targaryen!
ave369

Return to General Discussion