[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.3.2

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.3.2

PostPosted by kopite » Mon Oct 29, 2012 22:29

xoatl wrote:
GoogleSearch wrote:
Arcantis wrote:another game related Question how can i beat with the North The iron King (16,5k troops) the Lannisters (30,5k troops) the iron throne (33,8k troops) and the fucking reach with op 56k troops ???? i only have 28k of man i think that iss a little bit outbalanced :(

Go straight for kings landing, if you're lucky stannis will choose not to kill renly or even better he will side with you, then wait until the siege bar moves down one section on it's own then attack.i had 30k troops when this happened. I got the entire royal family and Ice as a reward. Then daenarys came back after i married her to hodor. She defeated stannis for the thrones and is now queen on the iron throne with hodor as her hand of the queen

Vengeance will be hers. With Fire and Hodor!

her entire stroy confuses me now how exactly does she intend to return her family to the throne she cant have children so sure she can sit it again by some miracle but all shes doing is setting up for a ridiculous power struggle when she dies
kopite

PostPosted by XCWLoki » Mon Oct 29, 2012 22:52

Ok, so I think I finally got it!!!! Now, the power will probably go out because of the hurricane - lol!
XCWLoki

PostPosted by RadiumFusion » Mon Oct 29, 2012 22:54

Is it possible to obtain Brightroar? I was looking at the past Kings of the Rock, and they had the sword a few generations back, which shows that the sword is in the mod.
RadiumFusion

PostPosted by Clagius » Mon Oct 29, 2012 23:08

RadiumFusion wrote:Is it possible to obtain Brightroar? I was looking at the past Kings of the Rock, and they had the sword a few generations back, which shows that the sword is in the mod.

Brightroar was indeed an ancestral weapon of Lannisers. I was wondering this too.
Clagius

PostPosted by SerArthurDayne » Mon Oct 29, 2012 23:09

RadiumFusion wrote:Is it possible to obtain Brightroar? I was looking at the past Kings of the Rock, and they had the sword a few generations back, which shows that the sword is in the mod.

You could try adding it into the text files, for example if you wanted it on Eddard, go to the History folder > Characters then "North" text document and add:
add_trait="brightroar"

see what happens.
SerArthurDayne

PostPosted by RadiumFusion » Mon Oct 29, 2012 23:14

SerArthurDayne wrote:

You could try adding it into the text files, for example if you wanted it on Eddard, go to the History folder > Characters then "North" text document and add:
add_trait="brightroar"

see what happens.

That would work, but I was wondering how I could add it to a new Lannister, or if there was an event chain for obtaining it (like Gerion tried to).
RadiumFusion

PostPosted by cupofjuice » Mon Oct 29, 2012 23:27

Someone asked for this....
These folders should be located in your USER/DOCUMENTS...

This is what a working installation looks like on Mac OSX.
User ==>Documents==>Paradox Interactive==>Crusader Kings II

Make a "A Game of Thrones" folder and a "mod" folder inside the above directory. Then copy the items from the mod folder you downloaded from this site (CK2GOT032) to the "mod" folder you just created. ***do not copy the whole folder, copy the items within the folder (the folder called "A Game of Thrones" and the mod file "A Game of Thrones.mod are the important files"***

Please note that the "A Game of Thrones" folder you just created in the above directory should be empty before you boot the game. Once the game has been booted and start to load it will that folder with settings automatically, so that's why you see files inside that folder in my picture.

At this point your game should boot but quit out on the loading screens. Dumping the loading screens folder inside "gfx" fixes this issue and the game should boot.
cupofjuice

PostPosted by Marineman1928 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 23:50

I am confused to where we download it. I let the installer do its thing but the startup menu didn't have the GoT option in mods. I've tried it in the My Documents path and the /mod folder in the game files. I'm on PC and Steam.
Marineman1928

PostPosted by Rody » Tue Oct 30, 2012 03:10

borgboy0 wrote:any one else having norton block it every single time?

Yes I did, so I turned off Norton's protection, installed it and turned it back on
Rody

PostPosted by Daemon Blackfyre » Tue Oct 30, 2012 09:19

Can we expect Mormonts quickfix - take them LP title ?
I do not know anything about CK2 moddding, but it does not seem to be a big change ?
I'm sorry for complaining but consider whether it will not break the game when King in the North loose
Daemon Blackfyre

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32

If you want a want a quick fix for that go to history/titles/c_bearisland

and change

6000.1.1={
liege = "k_north"

to

6000.1.1={
liege = "e_north"
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Knight of Otters » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36

I found a problem, but perhaps its just in my download and not systemic;

I've played Roberts Rebellion, Clash of the 5 Kings and the 2nd Blackfyre Rebellion and EVERY time i've tried to declare war on the iron throne to push my or someone's claim, it immediately just says that the war ended inconclusively. Everytime, instantaneous when i press my claim. Any ideas?
Knight of Otters

PostPosted by Brynden Rivers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 13:56

Question: Does editing the event etc. files go along with save games or do I need to start a fresh save?

I suppose it goes along, since it reloads all the files in the beginning.

EDIT: I tried my hand at touching some stuff, mostly to allow R'hlorr to be knights/tournaments.

I broke the game. :<

Had to revert everything. Guess I'll have to live on with faith of the seven.
Brynden Rivers

PostPosted by lollipony » Tue Oct 30, 2012 15:50

Could you make a Zip folder because I don't play that game on my adminastor account so it goes there tried to make a zip file of the folder myself and then play and it crashed.
lollipony

PostPosted by GenghisCan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 15:54

The likelihood of the liege lord revoking titles after a rebellion should probably be lowered.

For example, in the "After the Spring" scenario, I was a Tully and fought for King Aerys in a faction war that wanted to place one of Daemon's sons on the throne. Most of the Crownlander lords rebelled and after they lost the war, almost all of them had their titles revoked. However, Aerys would gave many of the titles to courtiers who were High Valyrian and as a result, they would die (since they weren't Targaryen or Blackfyre) and the titles would go back to Aerys and then he would give them to other High Valyrians and the cycle would continue again and again.
GenghisCan

PostPosted by Brynden Rivers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 17:25

High Valyrians would die?

Sup with that?

And what's up with new high valyrians from random families coming up when you play as say Targs ( I play the crowned stag scenario )?
Brynden Rivers

PostPosted by GenghisCan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 18:35

Brynden Rivers wrote:High Valyrians would die?

Sup with that?

And what's up with new high valyrians from random families coming up when you play as say Targs ( I play the crowned stag scenario )?

In CK2, random couriers are generated and have the culture of the ruler. In the case of the mod, Targaryen/High Valyrian rulers have other randomly generated High Valyrian courtiers. Since the Targs/Blackfyres are the only "pure Valyrians" (not counting House Celtigar and House Velaryon), the mod kills the fake/generated High Valyrians off.

My point was that when the Targ king revokes titles after a war, he gives lordships to these fake High Valyrians who are then killed off by the mod and go back to the king who then gives them to other High Valyrians who are killed off and so on and so on.

Rather, titles should only be revoked if the lord has more than one holding.
GenghisCan

PostPosted by greggor » Tue Oct 30, 2012 21:28

Marineman1928 wrote:I am confused to where we download it. I let the installer do its thing but the startup menu didn't have the GoT option in mods. I've tried it in the My Documents path and the /mod folder in the game files. I'm on PC and Steam.

This is the exact problem I am having. I ran the installer after deleting the old mod (as per the instructions), but the "mod" directory remains empty. I checked my "userfolder\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II" directory, and there is an "A Game of Thrones" folder, but it is only 33MB in size, and copying it to the empty mod folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\mod does nothing.

TL;DR the mod does not show up in the launcher to be check-box'd and run.

I think it has to do with an incorrect default installer path. I can't find the actual path that it installed everything to, because it truncates the relevant part in the installation procedure. It just says it's installing to ...\Crusader Kings II\mod\(and so forth).

EDIT: I found the problem. Here is an explanation; skip the first paragraph if you don't care about background info.

I have two user accounts on my Windows 7 computers. The first is a never-used administrator account with the privileges to install programs, modify system files, and so forth. The second is a user account that I use to play games, cruise the interbutts, and work. Whenever I need to install a program or do something system-changing, I use Windows UAC (User Account Control) to type in my password and execute the task through the administrator account. Otherwise, I log into my administrator account and make the necessary changes directly. This prevents unauthorized system access in the case of viruses or other users. I thought a lot of people used this common-sense approach to security, but I guess most people cruise around on their administrator accounts...

Anyway, the installer unpacks the mod information into the "my documents" directory of the user account that is currently logged in on, but, whenever it asks for administrator access to install its files, a bug causes it to install under the user directory of the administrator account used to authenticate. I've seen this problem with several programs in the past, but I've never worked on serious software development, so I can't tell you how to fix it from a developer's point of view.

For users like me who have this problem, here's what you need to do:

1. Log in to the administrator account that you used to allow the program to install.
2. Go to <thatuser>\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\ directory, and copy the mod folder (not the "A Game of Thrones" folder, if there is one).
3. Paste the folder into your directory. <myuser>\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\. It will ask you if you want to have permanent access to this folder. Click yes. It doesn't matter; it's an administrator account, and has access to everyone's stuff anyway.
4. Now log back in to your own account, and you can play.
greggor

PostPosted by Marineman1928 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 22:00

greggor wrote:
Marineman1928 wrote:I am confused to where we download it. I let the installer do its thing but the startup menu didn't have the GoT option in mods. I've tried it in the My Documents path and the /mod folder in the game files. I'm on PC and Steam.

This is the exact problem I am having. I ran the installer after deleting the old mod (as per the instructions), but the "mod" directory remains empty. I checked my "userfolder\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II" directory, and there is an "A Game of Thrones" folder, but it is only 33MB in size, and copying it to the empty mod folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\mod does nothing.

TL;DR the mod does not show up in the launcher to be check-box'd and run.

I think it has to do with an incorrect default installer path. I can't find the actual path that it installed everything to, because it truncates the relevant part in the installation procedure. It just says it's installing to ...\Crusader Kings II\mod\(and so forth).

EDIT: I found the problem. Here is an explanation; skip the first paragraph if you don't care about background info.

I have two user accounts on my Windows 7 computers. The first is a never-used administrator account with the privileges to install programs, modify system files, and so forth. The second is a user account that I use to play games, cruise the interbutts, and work. Whenever I need to install a program or do something system-changing, I use Windows UAC (User Account Control) to type in my password and execute the task through the administrator account. Otherwise, I log into my administrator account and make the necessary changes directly. This prevents unauthorized system access in the case of viruses or other users. I thought a lot of people used this common-sense approach to security, but I guess most people cruise around on their administrator accounts...

Anyway, the installer unpacks the mod information into the "my documents" directory of the user account that is currently logged in on, but, whenever it asks for administrator access to install its files, a bug causes it to install under the user directory of the administrator account used to authenticate. I've seen this problem with several programs in the past, but I've never worked on serious software development, so I can't tell you how to fix it from a developer's point of view.

For users like me who have this problem, here's what you need to do:

1. Log in to the administrator account that you used to allow the program to install.
2. Go to <thatuser>\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\ directory, and copy the mod folder (not the "A Game of Thrones" folder, if there is one).
3. Paste the folder into your directory. <myuser>\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\. It will ask you if you want to have permanent access to this folder. Click yes. It doesn't matter; it's an administrator account, and has access to everyone's stuff anyway.
4. Now log back in to your own account, and you can play.

Ok it's showing up now and I can run it. But now the scenarios are the vanilla ones and there are no characters. When I try to choose, all the territories say no character.
Marineman1928

PostPosted by Knight of Otters » Tue Oct 30, 2012 22:34

I found a problem, but perhaps its just in my download and not systemic;

I've played Roberts Rebellion, Clash of the 5 Kings and the 2nd Blackfyre Rebellion and EVERY time i've tried to declare war on the iron throne to push my or someone's claim, it immediately just says that the war ended inconclusively. Everytime, instantaneous when i press my claim. Any ideas?
Knight of Otters

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion