A GAME OF THRONES
A Total Conversion Mod for Crusader Kings II
Download A Game of Thrones v0.3.2 (Windows): HERE
Download A Game of Thrones v0.3.2 (Mac): HERE
Compatible with: CK2 1.07b
Warning: This is a BETA version, so it might (in fact, it will most likely) contain bugs and unfinished features!
The installation procedure for the mod has changed! The mod files must now be copied to the /mod subfolder in the same Paradox/Crusader Kings II folder as your saved games. Windows users have been provided with an installer that performs this function automatically, while Mac users can find detailed installation instructions here.
Make sure you delete your old mod files before installing or unzipping the new version! Yes, this includes the ones in the old mod folder.
In a land where summers last for years and winters last for decades, nine great families struggle for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Take control of a noble house, from the Starks of Winterfell to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and win the Iron Throne!
But remember, winter is coming.
Patch 0.3.2 Notes
It's been a while coming, but 0.3.2 is finally here! This is primarily a compatibility update, allowing you to play the mod with CK2 1.07, but we've also added three new scenarios from Westeros's ancient history. The Seven Kingdoms allows you to experience an alternate history where Aegon the Conqueror never united Westeros, while War of Conquest allows you to either try to recreate his conquests, or defeat him. Finally, After the Spring is set in 211, in the aftermath of the devastating Blackfyre Rebellion. King Aerys I reigns and the notorious Lord Bloodraven serves as his Hand, while the son of Daemon Blackfyre plots to avenge his father and fulfill his claim to the Iron Throne.
Warning: The Crowned Stag scenario is currently the victim of an extremely strange bug, which causes Dorne and the Reach to be independent if the scenario is loaded immediately after loading any of the new scenarios. If you experience this bug, you can fix it on the game setup screen by selecting Robert's Rebellion, then selecting The Crowned Stag again.
- Code: Select all
- The mod is now compatible with 1.07b.
- Added a pre-conquest 'Seven Kingdoms' scenario.
- Added an Aegon's Landing scenario.
- Added a 'After the Spring' bookmark for 8211.
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- Lesser Lords can now choose sides mid civil war.
- If the Starks win the war they now have some choice on what to do with the Iron Throne, either give it to Stannis, to Renly, claim it themselves (if ambitious) or just go home and leave a power vacuum.
- Added some vengeance events for Robb if he wins ACoK.
- Added Royal Proclamations for all Kingdoms.
- Added a few ironborn related events.
- Added a Kraken related reaving event.
- Added comradebot's Farwynd skinchanger stuff (Sea Lions and Whales).
- Skingchanger Chain new animal companions: Eagle, Shadow Cat, Boar, Snow Bear, Direwolf.
- Blackfyres can now get the blood of the dragon event.
- Updated 'Become a Knight' ambition icon to current knight trait.
- Merged CK2+ plots : kidnapping/force rebellion/fabricate evidences of treason.
- Now Bolton can skin their prisonners/ Lannister can hang / Vale can make the little man fly / Ironborn can drown (flavour).
- Free cities guy can castrate their prisonners, and the iron throne can blind if they have the dlc.
- Re-added the Become Councillor ambitions.
- Updated plot AI to account for ambitions.
- Added a decision for indep faction leaders to defect to an enemy invader under certain circumstances.
- Added a decision to form the Iron Throne if it is vacant. You need 4 Kingdoms to do so.
- Can no longer get reading about dragons event if there are dragons in the family.
- Improved Dragon inheritance: e.g. if your heir already has a dragon another child will get your dragon.
- Added an event where you can obtain another dragon egg from your dragon.
- Added a decision to bestow spare eggs upon your family members.
- Taming a dragon is now much more likely to be successful if it was inherited.
- Optimised seasons events a bit.
- Added possibility to disinherit your heir if he has bad traits AND you don't like him AND you have other children.
- All houses now have ancestors!
- Added a few nicknames which can be gained whilst reaving.
- Added Westeros wiki links for all Targaryens.
- Added Arlan of Pennytree and his family.
- Updated Dunk's history.
- Buffed Baelor Breakspear a bit.
- Added a few traits to some Targs, Made Maekar Lord of Summerhall.
- Gave Egg a Dragon Egg and made him a squire.
- Added Humfrey Hardyng, connected him to the Beesburys.
- Made Baelor breakspear and sons western valyrian (black hair).
- Added DNA for all canon Targaryens.
- Stark children now have Direwolf. Varamyr Sixskins has wolf, direwolf, shadowcat and snow bear.
- Beyond the Wall populated with canon wildlings.
- Yoren's employer set to Jantos Qorgyle so that he will start in NW and not in random Northern court.
- Ollo Lophand added to Castle Black.
- Lancel now has Jaime's dna to prevent him having black hair and is mentioned in the books to looks like Jaime.
- Stafford Lannister now has same dna as his son Daven to give him golden hair.
- Gendry and Edric Storm now have same dna as Renly so they will look like a young Robert.
- Aerion Brightflame now has Rhaegar's dna so he looks more like he should.
- Euron Greyjoy now has Jon Snow's dna so he will have a beard and blue eyes.
- Serenei of Lys (Shiera Seastar's mother) added.
- Lysene/volantene now have valyriangfx appearance.
- Free Cities Populated with canon characters
- Removed celibate from Oberyn, as it doesnt stop him and Arianne marrying
- Varys is an Eunuch now.
- Removed most of fertility lines in traits since "cannot mary" does what we want now.
- Decoupled the bastard trait from Nightswatch, kingsguard and maester traits. Renamed bastard/divested trait to bastard, removed bastard trait from historical KG/NW members.
- After being subjugated, you can no longer join an indep faction for 10 years.
- Added a valyrian religion.
- Fleshed out Garlan the Gallant a bit.
- Mellisandre/patchface are no longer silver haired.
- If Arya is located in ACoK she now has a weak claim on the North.
- Added Brandon Snow.
- House Plumm given HL of Kayce until their demise.
- Added the Valyrian sword Dark Sister.
- Scripted most Hands of the Kings.
- Ruined even more tywin's relation with tyrion (was at 36 in acok, now -75).
Province and title setup:
- Fixed title historys of Riverspring, Castlewood and Hornwood.
- Fixed Iron Queen/Storm Queen titles.
- Gave the Swanns the HL of Red Watch instead of Carons.
- Added prince/princess titles for grandchildren of Kings.
- Put a large castle in Castamere for the Reynes, destroyed in Tywin's time.
- Added title "King's Justice" (with a bit of code that should favorise Ylin).
- Relaxed the conditions to be eligible to be chosen for the Kingsguard slightly; if noone meets the conditions, the King will now have the option of picking from trained warriors or better.
- Prohibited use of ironborn raid CB against wildlings, unless they are KBTW.
- Raised opinion of KG to king.
- Decreased martial from wroth trait.
- Reduced call to war delay from 5 years to one.
- Nerfed Storms'end (still has mega fort level) and increased the wall's fort level.
- If the claimant in your claim faction is under your liege's control, you now need to either invite them to your court or kidnap them before you can declare war.
- Can no longer faction for independence or crown authority if your liege is temporarily independent in a mega war.
- Lords and High lords wont issue an indep ultimatum against the Iron Throne mid mega war now, as they will probably be smashed after the mega war.
- Now dwarves have a -10 general opinion malus.
- If as the King, you revoke a rebel's primary title they are now taken prisoner rather than a hostage taken.
Graphics and portraits:
- New Coat of Arms: Qoherys, Strong, Harroway, Towers, Lothston, Mudd, Toyne.
- Quite a few portraits for canon characters.
- Added Indigo and Lilac as possible High Valyrian eye colours.
- Western Valyrians now have a chance of having silver hair/purple eyes.
- Changed the KG trait icon to the plain white shield.
- Added some decision icons
- Added a Dragon Conquest CB, which can be used by Dragon Riders to conquer independent realms a la Aegon I. The defender has the option of surrendering at the start.
- Now retinues have westerosi names and attributes.
- KG maintenance event will now remove KG title from a Lord or King who somehow gains it.
- Fixed duels curing maiming.
- Fixed mega war looping event (rejoin King's wars).
- Added the Mac friendly trait icons.
- Can no longer request a trial by combat if captured during a siege.
- Tweaked AI in several placed related to factions.
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- The council office ambitions for all offices except Maester have been scrapped and replaced with plots against the current office holder, allowing for a more proactive approach.
- You can now try to rebuild Harrenhal.
- Added an Ironborn reaving event chain, accessible via decision (not too many events atm, but plenty of scope for more).
- Non-imprisoned Lords can now rebel against or flee from the King's punishments after a mega war.
- Added an event informing all realm lords if the Iron Throne changes hands bloodlessly via the 'Gain the Iron Throne' plot.
- The Freys will now be pissed if you break your solemn marriage vows as Robb.
- Added an event chain dealing witht the Tyrell-Lannister alliance in ACoK.
- Added KG drama chance to trusting the king.
- Added a decision based building process so the wall can have it's "19 Forts" without towns/temples. Cost can be increased when great ranging cb works with a transfer wealth.
- Added a CB to reclaim your House's ancestral sword.
- In the post mega war king punishments, added special options for the Most Devout and Kingsguard, so they cannot be revoked.
- Added some flavor for fairs.
- Added some winter flavour events.
- Added wedding feasts.
- Included loan_engine.
- NW honorary title : Recruiter.
- Added the title Master of ships.
- Added a 'Small Council Advisor' honourary title.
- Allowed people to take the black at 14.
- Dornish can't employ concubines anymore.
- Stopped wildlings from asking to "join the watch" and increased the chance of a male banished to the wall joining the watch as opposed to being culled.
- Added maintenance event where non-maesters at the citadel are ejected to a family member's court.
- Changed household guard's actions to be permenant until otherwise issued. Increased upkeep cost to 10%.
- Improved valyrian steel inheritance so if a character is the last of their dynasty their sword doesnt disappear (makes marrying to gain a sword possible). The order of inheritance now goes: Your primary heir (same dynasty), random child (same dynasty), random sibling (same dynasty), random dynast, random child who is primary heir (any dynasty), random child (any dynasty), spouse, liege.
- NW ruler may decide to keep women in his court gaining possible councilors.
- Added a 'Notch Draw Loose' event for NW fighting on the wall.
- Added some more new decisions to NW and Wildlings.
- Allowed the knighting of non-squires via personal interaction, but at a prestige cost if they are not a good warrior.
- Can no longer use ironborn invasion against high lordship titles held by LPs.
- Can now use ironborn invasion against independent Lords (counts).
- Job_Marshal/combat_trait events edited to replace military tech action with train children.
- Spymaster study technology reflavored to 'sabotage econemy' with a strength 0.05 weaker than collect taxes bonus per stat.
- Finished Warden titles and events.
- Reworked the house words events that were removed some time ago.
- Scoured the events for instances where you get a random chance of gaining/losing traits but are not notified properly, and added notifications.
- When sending a gift/insulting someone the relation change is now shown in the tooltip.
- Added a 'Leads from the Rear' trait which makes battlefield duels less likely.
- Added hunting trait, so now you need a regent when you hunt.
- Many, many, many more ancestors added.
- Fixed lightbringer's date of appearence.
- Fixed crippled trait not showing up.
- If Joffrey or his siblings lose the Iron Throne Jaime is now set as their legal father.
- Ilyn Payne now in KL, Janos Slynt in NW, Jacelyn Bywater commander of gold cloaks.
- Linked minor houses together and gave the children of Lords in Roberts Rebellion scenario, children of their own for the aCoK scenario. Basically so they don't die out.
- Redwyne twins now start imprisoned in KL for ACoK.
- Gave Willas & Garlan Tyrell the formiddable warrior trait, to reflect that they are better than Loras, just less flashy about it.
- Created Small paul, Chett and Yoren in the nightswatch.
- Created Syrio Forell.
- Added Patchface & Moon Boy.
- Maesters Frenken, Qalen and Wendamyr & Erik Ironmaker added.
- Added Sarella Sand.
- Gave Mors Crowfood Umber his family.
- Added Marillion, Maester Colemon, Maester Helliweg, Septon Lucas and Samwell Strong.
- Added spouse Spotted Sylva to Eldon Estermont on 8300.5.17.
- Made Harry the Heir an Arryn from Jon Arryn's death, so he can inherit the Vale
- Added Brightroar, Heartsbane and Nightfall.
- Made Ser Helman Tallhart into the badass knight he's supposed to be.
- Initialisation event now organises the King's small council (e.g. Varys is now Master of Whisperers).
- Gave children to Ronnel Dayne (Darkstar's younger brother) so the Daynes don't die out quickly.
- Added House Arryn of Gulltown, which due to paradox bugginess has to be a seperate dynasty. The line can be legitimised if only one Arryn remains.
- Greatjon brothers added.
Province and title setup:
- All provinces now have histories back to 1 AL!
- Renamed Ten Towers province to Harlaw Hill.
- Created the Barony of Sunderland Hall, gave Lord Triston Sunderland dominion over it and the Sisters.
- All Vale lordships should now be primogeniture from the start.
- Made Torrhenn's Square a part of the Winterfell High Lordship.
- HL of North Clans now vacant rather than owned by the Starks, to give the north clans something to work towards.
- Fixed the base buildings in the Rills.
- If Renly has a child in ACOK the Stormlands will now change form seniority to primogeniture.
- Reduced the chance of lunacy as a result of inbreeding through divine_blood.
- Adjusted navy composition in Dragonstone so the AI is more likely to use it. Also gave Driftmark some boats as well.
- Increased the maximum AI counter invasion distance in defines.txt, so The Iron Throne doesnt assemble giant stacks to just gain attrition in King's Landing.
- E_beyond the wall requires 500 prestige and costs 100 prestige.
- Cityguard training is now +0.1 morale instead of tech gain.
- Tweaked reeducation.
- Free infidel title revocation no longer allowed at any CA, to stop free revocation of iron islander titles.
- Your Maester's skill now effects your courtier's chances of gaining/losing health conditions.
Graphics and portraits:
- Removed bishop hats for all cultures.
- Added RicardoSilva's winterhorn trait pic.
- Added a COA for Bronn, which he gets after the battle of Blackwater.
- Added COAs for House Swygert, Musgood and Wagstaff. Existing Sunderland COA added to the new dynasty.
- Added the Dungeons and Sieges mod by waylit1 (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...risonment-Game!).
- Included a part of Lupus Agnum minimod (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-martial-skill).
- Removed characterview.wav.
- Disabled the technology overview screen.
- Fixed bug where if a Lord joined Robb's ACOK war they wouldnt be part of the North after the war if they won.
- In the wildling invasion CB, the victor is now given the primary title of the defeated even if unoccupied.
- After banishing and choosing to send to nights watch succession is now recalculated properly, so black brothers dont stay in lines of succession.
- If you banish the Grand Maester he wont now simply come back.
- Fixed Lords who join independence wars through a call to arms not being vassalised by the new King.
- Fixed Lyanna being imprisoned by Ned if the Targs win.
- Tweaked ship positioning for Dragonstone so that boats wouldn't appear on land.
- Fixed a few weird straits.
- No more kingsguards in the Night's Watch.
- Fixed mega war bug where a Lord sometimes joined and left a mega war in an endless loop.
- Fixed bug where wildlings can be forced to give up NW castles after conquering them.
- Fixed bug in the restore the NW CB where sometimes not all territory is given back to the watch.
- Fixed Blackwood/Bracken trait inheritance.
- Fixed the event which banishes men from the KG court, if KG somehow ended up with the King it banished all the King's vassals.
- Stopped wildlings from holding trial by court and wildlings from being recognised by the laws of men. Nightswatch can no longer send people to the wall via trial.
- Fixed mega war issue where a loyalist would not rejoin the King's wars if at peace.
- When someone joins the Kingsguard succession is now recalculated.
- Fixed bug where Renly would be made to start iron Throne wars when Stannis dies, years after ACoK ends.
- NW members now properly lose claim.
- Stopped wildling revolts from happening at the wall if culture spread resulting in game over.
- Repaired the finding/losing valyrian sword events.
- Fixed problem with characters who weren't inbred gaining the inbred trait.
- Fixed targs sometimes getting more than one notification of the coin flip.
- Fixed being able to pick your captor as your champion in a trial by combat.
- Fixed wildfire being able to cure maiming.
- Initialisation event can now happen at any date.
- New scenarios: The Greyjoy Rebellion and A Clash of Kings.
- New mega-wars with multiple rebel leaders added.
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- Added the ability to appoint commanders of the Gold Cloaks, Oldtown City Watch, Lannisport and Bloody Gate. Done through giving honourary title, and revokable through personal interaction. [ side effect: blackfish is playable ]
- Trial by combat updated to use duel engine. Can now ask captor for one via decision.
- Duel Engine optimization and balance changes.
- Added an event chain where a High Lord can ask for the local Lord Paramountcy if it is either owned by the king or vacant.
- Added a plot for the King to revoke a Lord Paramountcy off a vassal that has 3 or more.
- Added a 'White Book' decision, listing all current members of the Kingsguard as well as facts about notable past members.
- Added an event chain dealing with the King punishing losing rebels from a mega war.
- If a character with a landless title is high valyrian they are no longer culled.
- When a high valyrian is culled, a new non-high valyrian is generated to stop a loop of culling and a new high valyrian appearing.
- Added decision a player can enact if they have a custom made High Valyrian character. It will make sure they aren't culled or culture changed.
- Fixed employed Maesters not getting any education traits.
- Trial by combat. Under-aged female rulers cannot fight in the trial, unless they have Martial >20.
- Increased gifting opinion.
- Added events to gain Blackfyre and other named blades in battle.
- Fixed bug where you could punish yourself in Lord's right event chain.
- If the Iron Throne changes hands the Grandmaester should be moved to the new King's court, rather than a new one being selected.
- Fixed bugged asign councillor mission personal interaction.
- Prohibited the Archmaester of the Citadel from holding tourneys.
- Reinstated vanilla congenital trait system.
- Maesters can no longer ask for non-maester council positions.
- Altered banish to wall decision. AI will only do it if they have a negative opinion of the character.
- Most "buy loyalty" plots for the player moved to character screen-based initiation, to keep the plot list from overflowing.
- Prohibited bastards from asking for titles.
- Modified some nightswatch events so they work better with wildling mechanics.
- If a vassal or relative is granted a LP by the King they now get all dejure titles under it held by the King.
- Disabled the event from the Better rebels Mod that destroys buildings, as it destroyed the base value buildings.
- Added traits "Ruthless", "Honorable" and "Crippled".
- Many, many more ancestors added.
- Fixed Rickard Karstark's kids, Harrion is now the eldest, and Eddard is the youngest, instead of the other way around.
- Gave Lyn Corbray his dead father's Valyrian Sword from Crowned Stag.
- Fixed traits of Victarion Greyjoy.
- Gave Aerys a stash of piety, so he can execute more freely.
- Fixed minor errors in Iron Islands and Stormlands history.
- Corrected starting families for Swyft and Sarsfield.
- Fixed House Rambton.
- Changed the way Davos appears in Storm's End event. He is now selectable in the Rainwood from 8284 also.
- Removed Lustful from Shae.
- Added Greedy to Bronn "I'd ask how much?" of the Blackwater.
- Dynastic stain traits no longer give opinion malus to fellow dynasts.
- Fixed Longclaw not being inherited by Jorah on Jeor's death.
- Added red priest trait.
- Changed Bethany Ryswell's (wife of Roose Bolton) birthdate to make her older than her sister.
- Gave Willas tyrell a health boost, to prevent him dying young so often.
- Fixed Rolly Duckfield having three warrior skill levels.
- Like a fine cheese or single malt whiskey, Lord Wyman Manderly has been aged properly. His sons are both now knights and have also been aged properly.
- Gave Ilyn Payne Ice when Eddard dies.
Province and title setup:
- Created Houses Swygert of Galemont, House Musgood of Drakesgrave, House Horpe of Weeping Tower, House Bolling of Storm's Drum and House Wensington of Children's Fist to the Stormlands (characters & ancestors & titles).
- Added houses Wynch, Tawney, Stonehouse, Myre, Kenning, Farwynd of Lonely Light and Sunderly to the Iron Islands and gave them baronies.
- Gave Harry the heir a claim on the Vale, in lieu of the fact the succession is bugged.
- The Iron Throne is now cognatic.
- Fixed ownership of the Barrowlands (now ruled by Lady Dustin) after 284AL.
- Assigned House Moore to Darkmoor.
- Landed House Hardyng.
- Added base value building for the Night's Watch.
- Added buildings: Harrenhal, wildling barracks and Bloody Gate.
- 0.5 relative power to liege requirement for the Gain The Iron Throne plot changed to 3 LP titles. The Tyrells should take the throne a BIT less often now.
- Removed restrictions on changing laws to primogeniture, seeing as it is the universal westerosi law.
- Maesters and the Kingsguard now have a significant opinion boost relative to their current liege, representing their vows.
- Reduced primogeniture opinion penalties slightly.
- Nerfed Tyrant trait(s).
Graphics and portraits:
- DNA Work: Davos, Sansa Stark, the Mormonts, Viserys and Dany.
- Included the "Ransom All mini mod" that adds a decision to ransom all prisoners.
- Added the Golden Company, which you can attempt to hire via decision.
- Fixed female rulers of Dorne not being styled princess, the latest paradox patch seems to have broke it.
- Fixed paying the iron price CB
- Added a Restore the Night's Watch CB for neighbouring kingdoms if the Wall is taken by wildlings.
- Improved AI ambition selection.
- Included a few new sounds.
- A man might meet strange faceless people in his travels.
- Characters can now convert to R'hollor, and use shadow babies against murder plot targets if chosen by R'hollor.
- Added a set of traits that you can add to a character in the Ruler Editor to make your character a member of one of the nine major houses.
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- Fixed the "handing over spare titles" event (landed family members were also asking for titles).
- Fixed banish to the wall decision, also prohibited wildlings from sending prisoners to the wall.
- Fixed various plots.
- Fixed the Personal Interaction System.
- Added a "Put your spouse on the Iron Throne plot.
- Made the AI at least a little bit smarter about what ambitions it picks.
- Fixed broken Tower of Joy chain.
- You can now use Personal Interaction to appoint Kingsguard members.
- Can no longer call in Kingsguard in battlefield duels against the King or close relatives.
- Alchemist Guild added to Crowned Stag scenario
- Removed the mini invasions until they can be made less silly.
- Fixed mega war bug where if an external realm declares a war on the iron throne for one of the Throne's vassals the war ends inconclusively (the vassal in question will now not break).
- If a randomly generated high valyrian is married to a legit high valyrian they are now no longer culled, but made western valyrian. This is to help preserve silver hair.
- Ironborn can no longer employ concubines, as it's not a very ironborn thing to do...
- Banishing a traitor to NW now recalculates succession, just in case they happen to be in a line of succession.
- Added lots more nicknames.
- Many more ancestors added.
- DNA changed for Baelish, Ramsay and Renly.
- Gave scripted widling characters decent base martial.
- Made Rickard Fell give up his transvestite tendencies.
- Fixed House Darry so that Ser Raymun's three elder brothers die at Trident. He is no longer lord at start of Robert's Rebellion. Adjusted Titles & War of the Usurper Scenario files accordingly.
- Added dna for Asha Greyjoy
- Made House Sarwyck sworn to the High Lordship of Peckledon and not directly to House Lannister. It gave Peckledon a negative modifer against Tywin.
- Added deathdate for Greatjon's father.
Province and title setup:
- Every Lordship should now have primogeniture.
- Fixed Castlewood not becoming a vassal of the riverlands after the war ends.
- Fixed bug where 'Beyond the Wall' would become dejure part of Kingdom of the North rather than Beyond the wall when forming the Kingdom.
- Added a castle building to Langward Hall.
- Disabled crusade, religious and excommunicated cb. They are vanilla cbs that mess up the game.
- Gave more ships to the Ironborn.
Graphics and portraits:
- Added Nightswatch uniforms.
- Added a new loading screen and fixed scaling issues with the old ones.
- Added "blind" trait.
- Characters with martial education now gain the corresponding leadership traits.
- Added Wildlings.
- Rescue plots and CBs.
- Added the Bloody Vengeance CB, where the surviving friends and family of someone who is assassinated, executed, or killed in a duel wage war to execute the killer.
- Added a new objective, "Claim the Iron Throne." It's mostly intended to help the AI coordinate rebellions better, but it also allows a regent or extremely powerful noble to claim the throne regardless of their actual legitimacy under certain circumstances. Hopefully, the latter will help dissolve Lords Paramount with multiple titles into the throne eventually.
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- Added family relations.
- Added interactions: banish traitor, ask liege for help.
- Added an event chain for wives with lovers to pass their lovers' children off as their husband's (a la Jaime and Cersei).
- Added a 'Tend to wounded' job action for Maesters, replacing improve religious relations.
- Added a plot to buy a character's loyalty, at the moment they can end sieges and improve relations with their liege.
- Added a small event chain to give drunkard people a chance to embarrass themselves in tournaments.
- Blocked maesters, nightswatchman & kingsguard form even wanting to get married.
- Added a "Become Castellan" ambition.
- Fixed all kinds of bugs with megawars.
- Fixed bug in Lord's right event chain where the wrong character would be imprisoned.
- Removed Vanilla religious references.
- Added the ability to revoke court jester.
- Changed some opinion modifiers values and duration.
- Added resolution events in the event the Kingsguard beat Ned and co. at the Tower of Joy.
- A human character can now choose not to attend small or regional tournies specifically.
- Tweaked the Finger Dance event further.
- Lots of new opinion modifiers.
- Fixed bug in Crowned Stag where Targs would be culled by high valyrian check event.
- Can no longer use revoke title plot against an LP, to stop unendable mega wars.
- Tweaked knighting mechanics.
- Objectives more scaled, have more stringent requirements and ai abort maintenance.
- Lannisters can now have minstrels and musicians play "The Rains of Castamere" at feasts.
- Besieging armies may now try to use psychological warfare against the defenders, in the form of obnoxious hornblowing.
- Duels at feasts should now use the duel engine.
- Tweaked the grew up together event in the reeducation.
- Fixed jobs to make them available to women (except castellan and maester).
- The 'Voice of Jesus' event chain was adapted to fit the Seven.
- Tweaked the ai_chances on a few other plots to encourage smarter plot choice.
- New maintenance event added to insure the Night's Watch is never permanently vassalized.
- A landed character can now spectate a tourney if uneligible to fight, and can gain prestige for close relatives results.
- A good squire can improve your chances of winning a tourney (they have to have a combat trait). You can also give them credit.
- A knight can now make a ward his squire via decision (if certain conditions are met).
- Zealous event chain where a character could approve of your zealous nature disabled for Maesters.
- Fixed the requirments to beat your children (aka force train).
- Added a new event for the Night's Watch to adopt an abandoned wildling child
- Lots of new nicknames.
- Added a lot of ancestors, dating back to Aegon's Invasion.
- Added "Widowed" trait to prevent widows and widowers from remarrying until they deal with the emotional fallout, etc.
- Added storm god heresy, various pagans.
- Fixed Bear Island and Mormont history. Jeor doesn't take the black until after Crowned Stag start.
- Jon Snow is now a month younger than Robb, so order will be correct.
- Pycelle now starts Crowned Stag as Grand Maester.
- Varys now starts Crowned Stag as Master of Whisperers.
- Aerys is now paranoid after the Defiance of Duskendale.
- Fixed really weird Dayne ages. Ulrick Dayne was no longer born when his father was 2 years old.
- Gerold Hightower finally became a knight.
- Fixed an issue where the Kingsguard counter would go crazy after banishing the Lord Commander.
- Ser Vardis Egen is now at the Eyrie, where he should be.
- Fixed the Connington family.
- Set Willem Darry, Viserys and Dany to move to Braavos at start of Crowned Stag.
- Howland Reed's wife's name was Jyana, not Meera.
- Edric Storm now has the Strong trait, taking after his father.
- Alester Florent now has big ears.
- The Lannisters now have their actual eye color.
- So do the Baratheons.
- Pycelle now given Grand Maester title at the start of Crowned Stag.
- Davos and his family added to the Crowned Stag scenario.
- It seems we had the wrong lord Grandison of Grandview. Greybeard only inherited after his old father finally died of his injuries on the Trident.
- Added 2 dead infant brothers to Doran.
- Made Jon Connington twice removed from Red Ronnet.
- Harry the Heir's mother is now dead at start of crowned stag (she died in child birth). She is also now Alys Arryn's youngest daughter.
- Aurane Waters changed from High to Western Valyrian, to stop her being culled by the high valyrian event.
- House Rambton made crownlanders and moved to Sunglass's court (they are sworn to them).
- Renamed some Valryian steel swords to their proper names.
- Added the Scarred trait to Sandor, as well as Tyrion after the Blackwater. Also replaced Qhorin Half-hand's Maimed with Scarred, since it doesn't seem life-threatening.
- Added Annara Farring as Walder frey's wife at from roberts rebellion.
- Fixed culture on Aegon IV's Great Bastards
- Made Lewyn Martell of the Kingsguard older as his father was nineteen years dead when he was originally born.
- Added AAR contest winners into the Vale (we still need to make the dynastic flag).
Province and title setup:
- Added Riverspring to the Westerlands, along with the Sarwyck dynasty, characters and flag from the CRPG.
- Added Castlewood to the Riverlands, along with the Harlton dynasty, characters and flag from the CRPG.
- Changed a city in Wyndhall to the castle of Westford, and added the Westford dynasty, characters and flag from the CRPG.
- Added the Flint Keep province to the northern clans duchy, and a few members of the "True Flints".
- The Warrior's Sons castle changed to a city, renamed Flea Bottom.
- Highgarden's garrison is no longer 24,000 men strong.
- Set The Iron Throne to have agnatic succession from the Dance of Dragons. Set back to agnatic-cognatic from Robert I.
- When forming a kingdom, the laws of the old Lord Paramountcy now get applied to the new realm.
- Limited children above the age of 20 to be trained at swordfighting by their fathers.
- Prohibited the various new CBs from being used by or against the Nightswatch.
- Removed same religion bonus for knights, since they're the same religion by default.
- Enabled claim inheritance for bastard children.
- Made it impossible to vassalize the Night's Watch.
- Changed the opinion modifiers on a number of traits to try to destabilize things a little.
Graphics and portraits:
- New graphical cultures and portraits for the Dornish.
- Added new religious icons.
- Removed Summer Islander portrait gfx.
- Added new trait pics.
- Fixed yet another Sand Dornish-related crash.
- Added a CB for Wildlings allowing them to invade their neighbours (except the Night's Watch, for now).
- Reverted the assassination plots system to Vanilla.
- The Night's Watch and the Ironborn can no longer be targeted by holy wars.
- Added a brand new Duel Engine.
- Vale Mountain Clans can rise in revolt, Summer Islanders can invade!
- Added roads (less attrition and faster movement speed along them).
- Added Personal Interaction Engine, which adds new diplomatic options and interactions.
- Added a nes "Crowned Stag" scenario.
- Added a raid CB for Ironborn rulers.
- New plot and CB to rescue prisoners.
- Extended the Megawar system, allowing minor houses to declare for their lord or remain loyal to the Crown.
- Added Wildfire.
Events, jobs and decisions:
- Tower of Joy event chain added, currently triggers only if Robert wins the war.
- Only some very strong women will want to become knights.
- Fixed northmen & ironmen being knighted by tournament events.
- Fixed wrong gender referal in the happy marriage ambition.
- Disabled events involving septons for everybody but members of the faith.
- Upped MTTH for homosexual tourney event.
- Fixed doubled event outcome in assassination_decisions.
- Upped MTTH for trials by combat.
- Added more Skinchanger events.
- Added a couple of bastard event chains: 'Lonely whilst campaigning' and 'Lord's Right'.
- Maesters sent by the citadel can no longer be inbred or slow.
- Reduced event spam on death.
- Added 2 decisions. One to find the owners of Valyrian swords. The other one to find who are your friends and rivals.
- Made the Castellan only capable to do jobs in your own provinces and the Master-of-Laws only able to do jobs in other people's.
- Switched the Castellan job "Send to foreign court" for "Improve defenses".
- Reduced to 1/1000 the chance of getting a valyrian sword in battle.
- Tweaked Targaryen incestuous marriages.
- Created maintenance events to hopefully decrease Kingsguard and Maester weirdness.
- Iron Price event can no longer fire for dead children.
- Reeducation is now between ages 5-15 to prevent confusion with the vanilla mechanics.
- Decreased the chances for the finger dance to ruin your life forever.
- Your manhood now runs the risk of being cut off and fed to the goats.
- claim_all_rb_desc localised.
- Fixed some christian localisation.
- Fixed localisation errors for Kingsguard, cyvasse, and trial-by-combat event chains.
- Overrode vanilla law adjectives.
- Updated mapmode localisation so it fits our feudal structure.
- Fixed Sellsword bastard names.
- Updated localisation to reflect the new council names.
- Added the full Night's Watch oath.
- Randomly generated high valyrian courtiers are now purged, so random people don't have silver hair
- Trimmed culture names so they are mostly canon now
- Knights no longer lose their "ser" titles.
- Disabled Horror & Slobber nicknames.
- Fixed House Stonetree problems.
- Fixed Howland Reed's age and made him a decent fighter.
- Changed Randyll Grafton's death date so he is alive at scenario start.
- Added Aurene "waters".
- Regina Knot had a successful postmortem sex change operation and is now a dead woman in both anatomy and title.
- Fixed the ages of the Ryswell sisters.
- Gave Denys Arryn his dynasty, he was lowborn for some reason.
- Nerfed Robert's martial prowess. He's still very good, but should no longer be able to easily murder ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE.
- Banished the Selmy sisters back.
- Renamed "Harlan" to Mandon Moor.
- Rearranged the Arryns' dynasty tree.
Province and title setup:
- Gave everybody primogeniture succession.
- Ironborn: forced elective & disabled higher crown laws on kingship.
- Fixed max_settlements being higher than the number of baronies in a province.
- Turned the Haighs from the Cape of Eagles into Frey vassals.
- The Iron Isles now are joined by straits.
- Decreased general attrition a little.
- Battles give more war score and prestige.
- Heavily decreased income for everybody.
- Reduced both siege time and garrison sizes (the latter doesn't apply for the biggest settlements).
- Made it practically impossible to revoke a Lord Paramount title.
- Vassals can now fight among themselves no matter what level of crown authority their lieges have.
- Kingsguard can no longer declare war
- If a Lord loses a independance war the loser is imprisoned rather than the King.
- If a King wins a dejure war against another King all their LP vassals become vassals of the victor.
- If a King wins a dejure war against a King/LP the loser will now dislike them for subjugating them.
Graphics and portraits:
- New beards for western men and a few new headgears for northmen.
- Crannogmen, northern hillclansmen and skagosi use northman gfx.
- Dynamic armor system: People will now don armor when they are in the middle of a military campaign.
- Added all new Dornish male and female clothes.
- Added Kingsguard armor.
- Changed Maester clothes.
- DNA work on Robb, Jon, the Umbers, Balon's sons, Arys Oakheart.
- Changed the dynastic CoA for House Farwynd.
- Kingsguards won't wear hoodies anymore.
- Changed some trait icons.
- Most province flags should now be included.
- Code: Select all
Cabezaestufa: (Project Leader) Map creator, General Coding Support, Events, DNA, Balancing, Bugfixing, North Content, Misc. Graphics, Team Management.
Scripting & Coding:
Knuckey: Events, Reach Work, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Nightswatch content, Maesters, Tournies, "Megawars" and Trials By Combat
Rodri: Event, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Dynasty tracing, Trial by Combat, Hereditary Valyrian Swords, New Ambitions.
Sunspear: Coding, Events, Riverland Content, Bugfixing, Positioning Tool, Balancing, misc. Graphics, Household Guard , Dragons.
Galle: Events, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, DND, Localisation, Fighting Traits and the Duel Engine, New Plots, AI Work, Nightswatch/wildlings content
Zarine: General Coding Support, New Battle System, Translations, Bugfixing.
Ogaburan (Ran Miller): Events, Westerland & Frey, Minor Families Filler, DNA, New Education System, Kingsguard, Knights, Bugfixing, Balancing, Misc. Graphics.
Stiener (DanJonMin): CoA placeholders, Events, Iron Islands content, Localization, Misc. Graphics.
Wolfgang Pauli: Maintenance Events, Rescue CB, Testing, CoA Graphics.
Etel: Grell-conversion Work.
Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding.
HuskyWolf: Scripted a bit and added some traits.
Fashbinder: Event scripting, Trial by court, Nightswatch/wildlings content.
Waylit: Special siege events mod.
Edric_Storm: Dynasty CoA Artist, Dynamic CoA Generator Graphics (higher res, new designs), New CoA Templates (fabric banner versions).
Peuri: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
dauncosony: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
Velho e Bom Joe: City models and textures.
HMAS-Nameless: CoA, misc. graphics.
Molleby: CoA placeholders.
Narf: Iconography & Testing.
Smoesville: Event pictures
Amok: Much of his artwork used for event pictures: http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery
StGeorge: Icons & Loading Screens
Regional Character & Title Allocations:
the_hdk: Crownlands Content, CoA graphics.
ThePiglet: Dornish Content.
Hroppa: Vale content.
AlecTrevelyan006: Stormlands content, DNA, CoA placeholders.
Helios Ra: Some initial Stormland content.
Jazthesentinel: Some initial Stormland content.
Maginor: Some initial Riverlands content.
Hobbes MkII: Historical character histories
Chrisjm89: Historical character histories.
Tompalmer: Historical corrections and community management.
Clash of Kings Scenario:
Tompalmer: Scenario Design Lead
Mug bubule: Scenario Design
Nacodaco: Scenario Design, Scenario Histories
Knuckey: Scenario Scripting
Hobbes MkII: Scenario Histories
C_moore: Scenario Histories
HuskyWolf: Scenario Histories and poor grammar
Translations & Localization:
Stannis (French test)
Lord Riusma (French for Garde de Nuit)
Special Thanks To:
Grell74 for [url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?491188-Westeros-Mod-War-of-the-Usurper]his original Crusader Kings mod[/url], from which we took many things (spoiler warning)
Paradox Interactive for their great game
George R. R. Martin for his awesome books
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?592170-Mod-Campaign-Map-Culturally-different-cities.]Culturally Different Cities[/url] for our Dornish city graphics.
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?605746-MOD-Friends-amp-Foes-100-Traits-Mod]Friends and Foes[/url] for trait ideas & iconography templates
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?591226-The-Prince-and-the-Thane-%28MOD-WIP%29]The Prince and the Thane[/url] for some of our ambitions
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?625248-Here-is-how-to-add-an-Embark-shortcut-key-%28and-others%29&p=14206952&viewfull=1#post14206952]Alphanos's shortcuts mod[/url]
[url=http://www.lagardedenuit.com/]La Garde de Nuite[/url] for help with the French translation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is this?
A Game of Thrones is a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings II, based on George R. R. Martin's fantasy novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire.
Who can I play?
You can play as any landed feudal noble in Westeros, any Wildling warlord, or the Night's Watch.
What are some of the new features?
Knights, Maesters, our new "Megawar" system for handling civil wars, the Night's Watch, one-on-one duels between characters, several different kinds of magic, and much more.
What scenarios are available?
- The Seven Kingdoms, which ruled a divided Westeros in the age before Aegon's Conquest.
- The War of Conquest, when Aegon Targaryen set out to forge the Seven Kingdoms into one, through fire and blood.
- After the Spring, in the aftermath of the Blackfyre Rebellion and the Great Spring Sickness, as House Blackfyre once again plots to take the Iron Throne.
- Robert's Rebellion, when Robert Baratheon, Eddard Stark, Jon Arryn, Hoster Tully, and Tywin Lannister overthrew the Mad King and brought the Targaryen dynasty to an end,
- The Crowned Stag, set in the immediate aftermath of the above, as the reign of King Robert begins,
- The Greyjoy Rebellion, when the Iron Islands fought to be independent of the Iron Throne.
- A Clash of Kings, set at the beginning of the book of the same name (Season Two of the HBO show)
Future releases may contain additional scenarios.
Is Essos in the mod?
No, and it won't be until Paradox makes republics playable and interesting.
I haven't read all the books. Is it safe for me to play this mod?
To a limited extent.
All scenarios contain setting spoilers. If it's really important to you to not know who the Lord of Winterfell in 255 was, we suggest not playing the mod at all. If you only care about avoiding spoilers for the events of the books and show, however, you'll be safe so long as you follow these instructions:
- Don't read the house descriptions on the Game Over screen.
- Don't go mucking around in the mod's source files, especially the character history files.
- Choose your scenario wisely.
Which scenarios contain spoilers?
- The Seven Kingdoms: No Spoilers
- War of Conquest: No Spoilers
- After the Spring: No Spoilers
- War of the Usurper: No Spoilers
- The Crowned Stag: Spoilers - A Dance with Dragons (Books)
- The Greyjoy Rebellion: Spoilers - A Dance with Dragons (Books)
- A Clash of Kings: Spoilers - A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Dance with Dragons (Books) Season One, Season Two (Show)
I have a copy of the HBO show's opening theme what I acquired completely legitimately. How can I use it as my main menu music?
Convert it to .ogg format, move it to your Crusader Kings II\mod\A Game of Thrones\music folder, and rename it crusaderkings2_maintitle
Hey, I noticed some missing shields...
This is technically a beta release.
I'm playing as the North. Why don't I have any boats?
We tried giving the North boats. The Paradox military AI went haywire and spent the entire War of the Usurper taking Ned's troops to the beach instead of actually fighting. So now they're not allowed to have boats anymore.
I'm a Wildling and I have no idea what I'm doing.
The Wildlings don't respect dynastic ties the way Southerners do. They'll only follow strong leaders. The Wildlings receive a free Invasion CB on all their neighbors, and they receive significant military bonuses from having high prestige, but these bonuses come at two dangerous costs. First, Wildling provinces are ruled only at the Wildlings' pleasure. Anger the people too much, and you may find a revolt on your hands. Second, don't expect any higher-tier titles you create to outlast you - Wildling higher lordships and kingdoms dissolve on their rulers' deaths. As a Wildling, you'll find that power is easy to gain, and much more difficult to keep.
I am a French speaker, why are the dynasty names in English?
For french users: si vous voulez jouer avec les dynasties traduites, rendez vous dans Mes Documents/Paradox/mod/A Game of Thrones/Traduction dynastie/FAQ où vous trouverez la démarche à suivre pour jouer avec les noms des Maisons en français.
I'm making a CK2 mod and would like to use your Duel Engine, or I'd like to use your Duel Engine as a standalone mod.
We've released a generic, de-Westerosified version of the Duel Engine as a standalone mod here. Please remember to give us credit.
My character has like 25 martial, why is he losing to guys with really low martial in duels?
Martial ability, being a command rating, has no effect on duel outcomes. Traits are what determines this. The combat traits are the most important, whilst others like strong, weak and valyrian swords also contribute.
Are there supposed to be random silent sisters showing up in the Kingsguard/Nightswatch's court?
Yes, the game populates courts with random females. If you move the game simply adds more, this is the compromise we arrived at
Why can I marry an Archmaester/Black Brother/Kingsguard?
It is not possible to prohibit a character from marrying so this can happen. Although all these characters are infertile so it’s not recommended, unfortunately the AI doesn’t always heed this advice either.
Why are all High Septons called High Septon I?
A new High Septon extends the practice of septons giving up their family names by renouncing any kind of individual name. This is due to the belief that the individual becoming High Septon is no longer a man but an avatar of the gods.
Fabricating claims isn't working/happening too often, what have you done to it?
The chances of fabricating a claim have not been altered from vanilla, so having loads of claims or none at all in a certain period of time can happen.
I'm playing The Crowned Stag. Why are Dorne and the Reach independent?
We're as confused as you are. This seems to be a bug caused by the new scenarios through some mysterious quirk of programming we haven't tracked down yet. Fortunately, there's a simple workaround - just select Robert's Rebellion, then select The Crowned Stag again, and the offending kingdoms should be properly back under the Iron Throne.