[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.4.1 (April Fools edition)

For any general subject related to the mod

[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.4.1 (April Fools edition)

PostPosted by Galle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 08:55

A GAME OF THRONES
A Total Conversion Mod for Crusader Kings II

Download A Game of Thrones v0.4.1 (Windows exe): HERE
Download A Game of Thrones v0.4.1 (Mac / Linux / zipped files): HERE

Checksum: XLIY
Compatible with: CK2 1.092
Warning: This is a BETA version, so it might (in fact, it will most likely) contain bugs and unfinished features!

Official submods:

• NB+ / New Borders: Nicer borders. Check the thread to see comparisons, or get it here.
  • R+L=J: SPOILER ALERT. If you don't know what the title of this submod means, you don't want to download it.
  • Advisor Fix: Fixes the annoying overlapping advisors bug. Unfortunately, it will only work for non-widescreen resolutions over 850 pixels in height.
  • Free Realms: All Lords Paramount are independent. Also includes three scenarios where all duchies are independent instead.
  • Vanilla Mechanics: Brings back some aspects of vanilla gameplay, such techs and buildings. Fully compatible with Free Realms.

The installation procedure for the mod has changed! The mod files must now be copied to the /mod subfolder in the same Paradox/Crusader Kings II folder as your saved games. Windows users have been provided with an installer that performs this function automatically, while Mac users can find detailed installation instructions here.

Make sure you delete your old mod files before installing or unzipping the new version! Yes, this includes the ones in the old mod folder.

In a land where summers last for years and winters last for decades, nine great families struggle for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Take control of a noble house, from the Starks of Winterfell to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and win the Iron Throne!

But remember, winter is coming.

Patch 0.4.1 Notes
In honor of Game of Thrones' return to television yesterday, we're proud to bring you a new release, and with it a feature you've all long awaited and fiercely demanded. That's right, as of patch 0.4.1, the game of thrones is no longer confined to Westeros!

We've worked painstakingly to let you cross the Narrow Sea and experience the wonders of the East, a land of merchant cities, savage horselords, fanatical worshipers of the One True God, and the ruins of an empire long fallen. This patch's highlights include:

• Lands of the Eastern Continent added across the Narrow Sea.
  • Over 900 new provinces.
  • Lots of new titles: New duchies, kingdoms and empires.
  • Invasions of savage horse-riding warriors from the East.
  • Tens of thousands of new characters.
  • Republics: Added the Free Cities.
  • Optionally, you can play as the rulers of the Free Cities if you own The Republic DLC.
  • Lots of new cultures.
  • Look out for ruthless slaver civilizations!
  • Unleashed new monotheistic religions with fanatical followers.

Full changelog cut for length.

CREDITS
Code: Select all
Cabezaestufa: (Project Leader) Map creator, General Coding Support, Events, DNA, Balancing, Bugfixing, North Content, Misc. Graphics, Team Management.

Scripting & Coding:
Knuckey: Events, Reach Work, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Nightswatch content, Maesters, Tournies, "Megawars" and Trials By Combat
Rodri: Event, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Dynasty tracing, Trial by Combat, Hereditary Valyrian Swords, New Ambitions.
Sunspear: Coding, Events, Riverland Content, Bugfixing, Positioning Tool, Balancing, misc. Graphics, Personal Interaction, Faceless Men, Dragons.
Galle: Events, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, DND, Localisation, Fighting Traits and the Duel Engine, New Plots, AI Work, Nightswatch/wildlings content
Zarine: General Coding Support, New Battle System, Translations, Bugfixing.
Ogaburan (Ran Miller): Events, Westerland & Frey, Minor Families Filler, DNA, New Education System, Kingsguard, Knights, Bugfixing, Balancing, Misc. Graphics.
Stiener (DanJonMin): CoA placeholders, Events, Iron Islands content, Localization, Misc. Graphics.
Wolfgang Pauli: Maintenance Events, Rescue CB, Testing, CoA Graphics.
Etel: Grell-conversion Work.
black_imperator: Events.
Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding.
HuskyWolf: Scripted a bit and added some traits.
Fashbinder: Event scripting, Trial by court, Nightswatch/wildlings content.
Waylit: Special siege events mod.
Comradebot: Farwynd skinchanger events, Ironborn event ideas
Tompalmer : Event scripting.
StoneTheCrow/Tycho: Valyrian Swords, history improvements, bug fixes.

Graphics:
Edric_Storm: Dynasty CoA Artist, Dynamic CoA Generator Graphics (higher res, new designs), New CoA Templates (fabric banner and hide versions).
Peuri: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
dauncosony: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
Velho e Bom Joe: City models and textures.
HMAS-Nameless: CoA, misc. graphics.
Molleby: CoA placeholders.
Narf: Iconography & Testing.
Smoesville: Event pictures/flags
Amok: Much of his artwork used for event pictures: http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery
StGeorge: Icons & Loading Screens.
Rabid Bogling: Dynasty CoA and flags Artist. New Portrait Graphics.
Starkweather: Valyrian children portraits.
jorian: Some CoA's/flags.

Regional Character & Title Allocations:
the_hdk: Crownlands initial Content, Dynasty CoA Artist, Title Flags, New CoA Template (leather version), New Skinchanger trait icons and misc icons.
ThePiglet: Dornish Content.
Hroppa: Vale content.
AlecTrevelyan006: Stormlands content, DNA, CoA placeholders.
Helios Ra: Some initial Stormland content.
Jazthesentinel: Some initial Stormland content.
Maginor: Some initial Riverlands content.
Hobbes MkII: Historical character histories
Chrisjm89: Historical character histories.
Tompalmer: Historical corrections and community management.
Toccs: Many database improvements.

Clash of Kings Scenario:
Tompalmer: Scenario Design Lead
Mug bubule: Scenario Design
Nacodaco: Scenario Design, Scenario Histories
Knuckey: Scenario Scripting
Hobbes MkII: Scenario Histories
C_moore: Scenario Histories
HuskyWolf: Scenario Histories and poor grammar

Original Music :

Aurelien Benharrats ( http://www.aurelien-b.fr/)

Translations & Localization:
Loomis (German)
Osuna (Spanish)
Darkhorse27 (Spanish)
Bysne (Spanish)
FgM (Spanish)
Werther (French)
tompalmer (French)
Stannis (French test)
Lord Riusma (French for Garde de Nuit)
Special thanks for french proofreading: Merela, Graymarch, Sand, Hawkin, Pandémie, Suwan

Testing:
Dom (JonSnoooow)
Saint_Esteban
Ser Ham
Smoesville
Karuga
ItsAtrap
Dingo
lychnidos
Kingsgrave
DadeRoyal
Benjen Coldwater
daddytorgo
philosophert
nudu
Greatjon
Zirael
Narf

Special Thanks To:
    Grell74 for [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?491188-Westeros-Mod-War-of-the-Usurper"]his original Crusader Kings mod[/url], from which we took many things (spoiler warning)
    Paradox Interactive for their great game
    George R. R. Martin for his awesome books
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?592170-Mod-Campaign-Map-Culturally-different-cities."]Culturally Different Cities[/url] for our city graphics.
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587854-CK2Plus-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambitions-and-plots"]CK2+[/url]
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?589312-MOD-Better-rebels.-No-more-whack-a-rebel!"]Better Rebels[/url]
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?607099-Mini-mod-Family-Relations"]Family Relations[/url]
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?605746-MOD-Friends-amp-Foes-100-Traits-Mod"]Friends & Foes[/url] for trait ideas & iconography templates
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?591226-The-Prince-and-the-Thane-%28MOD-WIP%29"]The Prince and the Thane[/url] for some of our ambitions
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?625248-Here-is-how-to-add-an-Embark-shortcut-key-%28and-others%29&p=14206952&viewfull=1#post14206952"]Alphanos's shortcuts mod[/url]
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?609850-Minimod-Ransom-All-Decision"]Ransom all minimod[/url]
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624768-MOD-mini-Dungeons-and-Sieges-An-Imprisonment-Game!"]Dungeons and Sieges mod[/url]
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?594644-MOD-Lupus-Agnum-improved-usefulness-of-the-martial-skill"]Lupus Agnum mod[/url]
    [url="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?644573-MOD-NB-New-Borders"]NB+/New Borders mod[/url]
    [url="http://www.lagardedenuit.com/"]La Garde de Nuite[/url] for help with the French translation.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is this?
A Game of Thrones is a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings II, based on George R. R. Martin's fantasy novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire.

What is "NB+ AGoT Edition?
It's a submod which changes the way borders are drawn and other nice gfx adjustments. Here's the original mod (thanks to EOOQE for making it compatible with our mod).

Who can I play?
You can play as any landed feudal noble in Westeros, any Wildling warlord, or the Night's Watch.

What are some of the new features?
Knights, Maesters, our new "Megawar" system for handling civil wars, the Night's Watch, one-on-one duels between characters, several different kinds of magic, and much more.

What scenarios are available?
  • The Seven Kingdoms, which ruled a divided Westeros in the age before Aegon's Conquest.
  • The War of Conquest, when Aegon Targaryen set out to forge the Seven Kingdoms into one, through fire and blood.
  • The Dance of the Dragons, when Targaryen fought Targaryen in a bloody succession war.
  • The Conquest of Dorne, when the Young Dragon first brought Dorne under the Iron Throne.
  • After the Spring, in the aftermath of the Blackfyre Rebellion and the Great Spring Sickness, as House Blackfyre once again plots to take the Iron Throne.
  • Robert's Rebellion, when Robert Baratheon, Eddard Stark, Jon Arryn, Hoster Tully, and Tywin Lannister overthrew the Mad King and brought the Targaryen dynasty to an end,
  • The Crowned Stag, set in the immediate aftermath of the above, as the reign of King Robert begins,
  • The Greyjoy Rebellion, when the Iron Islands fought to be independent of the Iron Throne.
  • A Clash of Kings, set at the beginning of the book of the same name (Season Two of the HBO show)

Future releases may contain additional scenarios.

Is Essos in the mod?
See http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic2153.html

I haven't read all the books. Is it safe for me to play this mod?
To a limited extent.

All scenarios contain setting spoilers. If it's really important to you to not know who the Lord of Winterfell in 255 was, we suggest not playing the mod at all. If you only care about avoiding spoilers for the events of the books and show, however, you'll be safe so long as you follow these instructions:

• Don't read the house descriptions on the Game Over screen.
  • Don't go mucking around in the mod's source files, especially the character history files.
  • Choose your scenario wisely.

Which scenarios contain spoilers?
  • The Seven Kingdoms: No Spoilers
  • War of Conquest: No Spoilers
  • The Dance of the Dragons: No Spoilers
  • The Conquest of Dorne: No Spoilers
  • After the Spring: No Spoilers
  • Robert's Rebellion: No Spoilers
  • The Crowned Stag: Spoilers - A Dance with Dragons (Books)
  • The Greyjoy Rebellion: Spoilers - A Dance with Dragons (Books)
  • A Clash of Kings: Spoilers - A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Dance with Dragons (Books) Season One, Season Two (Show)

I have a copy of the HBO show's opening theme what I acquired completely legitimately. How can I use it as my main menu music?
Convert it to .ogg format, move it to your Crusader Kings II\mod\A Game of Thrones\music folder, and rename it crusaderkings2_maintitle

Hey, I noticed some missing shields...
This is technically a beta release.

I'm a Wildling and I have no idea what I'm doing.
The Wildlings don't respect dynastic ties the way Southerners do. They'll only follow strong leaders. The Wildlings receive a free Invasion CB on all their neighbors, and they receive significant military bonuses from having high prestige, but these bonuses come at two dangerous costs. First, Wildling provinces are ruled only at the Wildlings' pleasure. Anger the people too much, and you may find a revolt on your hands. Second, don't expect any higher-tier titles you create to outlast you - Wildling higher lordships and kingdoms dissolve on their rulers' deaths. As a Wildling, you'll find that power is easy to gain, and much more difficult to keep.

I am a French speaker, why are the dynasty names in English?
For french users: si vous voulez jouer avec les dynasties traduites, rendez vous dans Mes Documents/Paradox/mod/A Game of Thrones/Traduction dynastie/FAQ où vous trouverez la démarche à suivre pour jouer avec les noms des Maisons en français.

I'm making a CK2 mod and would like to use your Duel Engine, or I'd like to use your Duel Engine as a standalone mod.
We've released a generic, de-Westerosified version of the Duel Engine as a standalone mod here. Please remember to give us credit.

My character has like 25 martial, why is he losing to guys with really low martial in duels?
Martial ability, being a command rating, has no effect on duel outcomes. Traits are what determines this. The combat traits are the most important, whilst others like strong, weak and valyrian swords also contribute.

Are there supposed to be random silent sisters showing up in the Kingsguard/Nightswatch's court?
Yes, the game populates courts with random females. If you move the game simply adds more, this is the compromise we arrived at

Why can I marry an Archmaester/Black Brother/Kingsguard?
It is not possible to prohibit a character from marrying so this can happen. Although all these characters are infertile so it’s not recommended, unfortunately the AI doesn’t always heed this advice either.

Why are all High Septons called High Septon I?
A new High Septon extends the practice of septons giving up their family names by renouncing any kind of individual name. This is due to the belief that the individual becoming High Septon is no longer a man but an avatar of the gods.

Fabricating claims isn't working/happening too often, what have you done to it?
The chances of fabricating a claim have not been altered from vanilla, so having loads of claims or none at all in a certain period of time can happen.

Hodor?
Hodor.
The North Remembers.
Galle

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.4.1

PostPosted by Lawful Evil » Mon Apr 01, 2013 09:00

Awesome, thank you.
Lawful Evil

PostPosted by xoatl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 09:05

Well.. It's a new continent.
xoatl

PostPosted by eatgreencrayons » Mon Apr 01, 2013 09:23

I'm at work, tell me this aint an april fools joke.
eatgreencrayons

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Mon Apr 01, 2013 09:29

Fashbinder wrote:
Etzel wrote: will you guys be posting a review of all the AARs?

Certainly not a review but of the votes so far some gave a 1 or two line explanation. Id guess knuckey would post the most appropriate comments similar to a set of patch notes as some feedback is always nice.

@ release date for next patch; Husky is gonna be so mad for spoilers/promises but i can safely say it will be late march or early april for the next official release as the testing feedback has started to come in.

Ruthless testing of new content, masterful scripting by Cabe and with the start of the new season of the HBO series seemed appropriate regardless of the date.
Last edited by Fashbinder on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
BTC: 18ksJwDZpnyrA2E2pXoTxuBcBBTnukoiFU
LTC: LeiWbS8sWqLP3PK7Aue326v8dDJr3XefXQ
My LTC Pool - au/us/eu servers. <1% RJ
I Stream EU4 on Twitch quite regularly!
Fashbinder

PostPosted by Rooz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 09:54

Essos looks a bit different from what I'd expect. Looks fun to play, though :D
Rooz

PostPosted by Daemon Blackfyre » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02

I imagined a little different Essos, but you probably know better :D
Daemon Blackfyre

PostPosted by serJordo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31

aha Classic, Targ invasion of europe anyone?
serJordo

PostPosted by King in the North » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37

I can see how this works oh well let my rule and conquest begin of EUROPE haha :)
Last edited by King in the North on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
THE KING IN THE NORTH!!
King in the North

PostPosted by roddan93 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:46

Thank you for the update
roddan93

PostPosted by serJordo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48

Re-reading it.. it does seem too much to hope for </3 :D
serJordo

PostPosted by roddan93 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:15

Now that I have played a bit it seams that the new continent is Europe.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =135975732
Anyone else got this problem?
roddan93

PostPosted by Dissmaster » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:22

Guys............ 1. April ............... :o :o :o
Stark (Eddard(Sean Bean, you know), Bran, Rickon and the direwolves)
Lannister (Tyrion, Jaime and Tywin in his early years)
Targaryen (except the mad ones ;) )

Best Houses
Dissmaster

PostPosted by serJordo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:27

Dissmaster wrote:Guys............ 1. April ............... :o :o :o

I know! I don't think people realise :D a 50MB joke
serJordo

PostPosted by ZnasVecKo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 13:33

This was hilarious!
ZnasVecKo

PostPosted by xoatl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 13:34

Not to mention the fact that the Patch Notes spell out "LOLITROLLU"
xoatl

PostPosted by VxXxV » Mon Apr 01, 2013 15:00

- Lands of the Eastern Continent added across the Narrow Sea.
-Over 900 new provinces.
- Lots of new titles: New duchies, kingdoms and empires.
- Invasions of savage horse-riding warriors from the East.
- Tens of thousands of new characters.
- Republics: Added the Free Cities.
- Optionally, you can play as the rulers of the Free Cities if you own The Republic DLC.
- Lots of new cultures.
- Look out for ruthless slaver civilizations!
- Unleashed new monotheistic religions with fanatical followers.

Spoiler , there wont be new agot release until next month
VxXxV

PostPosted by xoatl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 16:00

Hey, the compatibility patch was released today. It just has a whole other world next to it...
xoatl

PostPosted by Smalltown » Mon Apr 01, 2013 19:32

Huh, I see.
Smalltown

PostPosted by Zireael » Mon Apr 01, 2013 19:43

April's Fools or not?
Zireael

Next

Return to General Discussion