A GAME OF THRONES
A Total Conversion Mod for Crusader Kings II
Download A Game of Thrones v0.4.4 (Windows exe): HERE (mirror)
Download A Game of Thrones v0.4.4 (Mac / Linux / zipped files): HERE (mirror)
Compatible with: CK2 1.10
Warning: This is a BETA version, so it might (in fact, it will most likely) contain bugs and unfinished features!
Warning:Do not use the advisor screen high res fix in the .exe, as it will cause the game to CTD upon selecting the council screen
If you want to avoid certain A Dance with Dragons spoilers in pre-AFFC scenarios install the following sub-mod:DOWNLOAD
-NB+ / New Borders: Nicer borders. Check the thread to see comparisons, or get it -here.
-R+L=J: SPOILER ALERT. If you don't know what the title of this submod means, you don't want to download it.
- Advisor Fix: Fixes the annoying overlapping advisors bug. Unfortunately, it will only work for non-widescreen resolutions over 850 pixels in height.
The installation procedure for the mod has changed! The mod files must now be copied to the /mod subfolder in the same Paradox/Crusader Kings II folder as your saved games. Windows users have been provided with an installer that performs this function automatically, while Mac users can find detailed installation instructions here.
Make sure you delete your old mod files before installing or unzipping the new version! Yes, this includes the ones in the old mod folder.
In a land where summers last for years and winters last for decades, nine great families struggle for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Take control of a noble house, from the Starks of Winterfell to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and win the Iron Throne!
But remember, winter is coming.
Patch 0.4.4 Notes
This release mainly deals with the new goodies introduced by the latest patch and DLC. Additions include:
- Worshipers of the Drowned God can now use the Old Gods DLC raiding mechanics. Off map reaving is still possible
- Wildlings can go now go raiding and gain defensive bonuses.
- Drowned God followers can now take their prisoners as salt wives using the new concubine system, but only via decision so you can't ask someone to be a salt wife. Old system still in place for non DLC users
- The Blackwater, Mander and Trident are now navigable by Drowned God followers, with a portage bewteen The God's Eye and The Trident
- Added a dynamic dynasty rivalry system. Enemy dynasties can now use the vengeance CB against eachother, which now also enforces all claims .
- Added some canon rivalries, including Frey-Stark rivalry from AFFC.
Full changelog below.
- Code: Select all
Cabezaestufa: Founder/Map creator, General Coding Support, Events, DNA, Balancing, Bugfixing, North Content, Misc. Graphics, Team Management.
Knuckey: Project Leader, Events, Reach Work, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Nightswatch content, Maesters, Tournies, "Megawars" and Trials By Combat
Scripting & Coding:
Rodri: Event, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Dynasty tracing, Trial by Combat, Hereditary Valyrian Swords, New Ambitions.
Sunspear: Coding, Events, Riverland Content, Bugfixing, Positioning Tool, Balancing, misc. Graphics, Personal Interaction, Faceless Men, Dragons.
Galle: Events, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, DND, Localisation, Fighting Traits and the Duel Engine, New Plots, AI Work, Nightswatch/wildlings content
Zarine: General Coding Support, New Battle System, Translations, Bugfixing.
Ogaburan (Ran Miller): Events, Westerland & Frey, Minor Families Filler, DNA, New Education System, Kingsguard, Knights, Bugfixing, Balancing, Misc. Graphics.
Stiener (DanJonMin): CoA placeholders, Events, Iron Islands content, Localization, Misc. Graphics.
Wolfgang Pauli: Maintenance Events, Rescue CB, Testing, CoA Graphics.
Etel: Grell-conversion Work.
Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding.
HuskyWolf: Scripted a bit and added some traits.
Fashbinder: Event scripting/balance, Trial by court, Nightswatch/wildlings content, Harrenhal restoration, R'hllor Magic, Reforged Swords, VSS Quest.
Waylit: Special siege events mod.
Comradebot: Farwynd skinchanger events, Ironborn event ideas
Tompalmer : Event scripting.
StoneTheCrow/Tycho: Valyrian Swords, history improvements, bug fixes.
Jenks: Event scripting
Toccs: General Coding Support, DNA, Many History Updates/Improvements.
Edric_Storm: Dynasty CoA Artist, Dynamic CoA Generator Graphics (higher res, new designs), New CoA Templates (fabric banner and hide versions).
the_hdk: Crownlands initial Content, Dynasty CoA Artist, Title Flags, New CoA Template (leather version), New Skinchanger trait icons and misc icons.
Peuri: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
dauncosony: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
Velho e Bom Joe: City models and textures.
HMAS-Nameless: CoA, misc. graphics.
Molleby: CoA placeholders.
Narf: Iconography & Testing.
Smoesville: Event pictures/flags
Amok: Much of his artwork used for event pictures: http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery
StGeorge: Icons & Loading Screens.
Rabid Bogling: Dynasty CoA and Title flags Artist. New Portrait Graphics.
Starkweather: Valyrian children portraits.
jorian: A couple of CoA's/flags.
Regional Character & Title Allocations:
ThePiglet: Dornish Content.
Hroppa: Vale content.
AlecTrevelyan006: Stormlands content, DNA, CoA placeholders.
Helios Ra: Some initial Stormland content.
Jazthesentinel: Some initial Stormland content.
Maginor: Some initial Riverlands content.
Hobbes MkII: Historical character histories
Chrisjm89: Historical character histories.
Tompalmer: Historical corrections and community management.
Clash of Kings Scenario:
Tompalmer: Scenario Design Lead
Mug bubule: Scenario Design
Nacodaco: Scenario Design, Scenario Histories
Knuckey: Scenario Scripting
Hobbes MkII: Scenario Histories
C_moore: Scenario Histories
HuskyWolf: Scenario Histories and poor grammar
Original Music :
Aurélien Benharrats ( http://www.aurelien-b.fr/)
Translations & Localization:
Stannis (French test)
Lord Riusma (French for Garde de Nuit)
Special thanks for french proofreading: Merela, Graymarch, Sand, Hawkin, Pandémie, Suwan
Special Thanks To:
Grell74 for [url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?491188-Westeros-Mod-War-of-the-Usurper]his original Crusader Kings mod[/url], from which we took many things (spoiler warning)
Paradox Interactive for their great game
George R. R. Martin for his awesome books
Westeros.org for all it's information and resources, including many CoA graphics
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?592170-Mod-Campaign-Map-Culturally-different-cities.]Culturally Different Cities[/url] for our city graphics.
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?605746-MOD-Friends-amp-Foes-100-Traits-Mod]Friends & Foes[/url] for trait ideas & iconography templates
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?591226-The-Prince-and-the-Thane-%28MOD-WIP%29]The Prince and the Thane[/url] for some of our ambitions
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?625248-Here-is-how-to-add-an-Embark-shortcut-key-%28and-others%29&p=14206952&viewfull=1#post14206952]Alphanos's shortcuts mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?609850-Minimod-Ransom-All-Decision]Ransom all minimod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624768-MOD-mini-Dungeons-and-Sieges-An-Imprisonment-Game!]Dungeons and Sieges mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?594644-MOD-Lupus-Agnum-improved-usefulness-of-the-martial-skill]Lupus Agnum mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624367-MOD-Elder-Kings-a-CK2-Elder-Scrolls-mod]Elder Kings mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?644573-MOD-NB-New-Borders]NB+/New Borders mod[/url]
[url=http://www.lagardedenuit.com/]La Garde de Nuite[/url] for help with the French translation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is this?
A Game of Thrones is a total conversion mod for Crusader Kings II, based on George R. R. Martin's fantasy novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire.
What is "NB+ AGoT Edition?
It's a submod which changes the way borders are drawn and other nice gfx adjustments. Here's the original mod (thanks to EOOQE for making it compatible with our mod).
Who can I play?
You can play as any landed feudal noble in Westeros, any Wildling warlord, or the Night's Watch.
What are some of the new features?
Knights, Maesters, our new "Megawar" system for handling civil wars, the Night's Watch, one-on-one duels between characters, several different kinds of magic, and much more.
What scenarios are available?
- The Seven Kingdoms, which ruled a divided Westeros in the age before Aegon's Conquest.
- The War of Conquest, when Aegon Targaryen set out to forge the Seven Kingdoms into one, through fire and blood.
- The Dance of the Dragons, when Targaryen fought Targaryen in a bloody succession war.
- The Conquest of Dorne, when the Young Dragon first brought Dorne under the Iron Throne.
- The Blackfyre Rebellion, when the bastard son of Aegon IV rose up to challenge his half-brother for the Iron Throne
- After the Spring, in the aftermath of the Great Spring Sickness, as House Blackfyre once again plots to take the Iron Throne.
- Robert's Rebellion, when Robert Baratheon, Eddard Stark, Jon Arryn, Hoster Tully, and Tywin Lannister overthrew the Mad King and brought the Targaryen dynasty to an end,
- The Crowned Stag, set in the immediate aftermath of the above, as the reign of King Robert begins,
- The Greyjoy Rebellion, when the Iron Islands fought to be independent of the Iron Throne.
- A Clash of Kings, set at the beginning of the book of the same name (Season Two of the HBO show)
- A Feast For Crows, set at the beginning of the book of the same name (not yet adapted for television)
Future releases may contain additional scenarios.
Is Essos in the mod?
I haven't read all the books. Is it safe for me to play this mod?
To a limited extent.
All scenarios contain setting spoilers. If it's really important to you to not know who the Lord of Winterfell in 255 was, we suggest not playing the mod at all. If you only care about avoiding spoilers for the events of the books and show, however, you'll be safe so long as you follow these instructions:
- Don't read the house descriptions on the Game Over screen.
- Don't go mucking around in the mod's source files, especially the character history files.
- Choose your scenario wisely.
Which scenarios contain spoilers?
- The Seven Kingdoms: No Spoilers
- War of Conquest: No Spoilers
- The Dance of the Dragons: No Spoilers
- The Conquest of Dorne: No Spoilers
- The Blackfyre Rebellion: No Spoilers
- After the Spring: No Spoilers
- Robert's Rebellion: No Spoilers
- The Crowned Stag: Spoilers - A Dance with Dragons (Books)
- The Greyjoy Rebellion: Spoilers - A Dance with Dragons (Books)
- A Clash of Kings: Spoilers - A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Dance with Dragons (Books) Season One, Season Two (Show)
- A Feast For Crows: Spoilers - Basically Everything
What DLC does the mod need/use?
The mod should run fine no matter which DLC is enabled/disabled.
However some of the DLC does add content to the mod, here is an overview:
- The Sword of Islam: Adds only the ability for the player to have multiple wives as a character of the Valyrian religion.
- Legacy of Rome: Adds castration and blinding capability as well as a couple of flavour events. It does NOT add retinues.
- The Republic: Does allow republics to be formed and played, but there are currently no playable republics from the start in any scenario.
- The Old Gods: Enables the concubine system for Drowned God followers (Pre-DLC system will be used if not enabled). Also adds much flavour, including beserkers, adventurers, new rebels and runestones. Raiding is available for drowned god and wildlings even without this DLC.
- Ruler Designer: Fully compatible with the mod
- Dynasty Coat of Arms Pack 1/2: Not used
- Mongol Face Pack: Currently used for Dothraki, but only as a placeholder until new portraits are created for them
- Music Packs: The mod's soundtrack currently overrides them, however deleting "A Game of Thrones/music/songs.txt" will re-enable vanilla music
- African Unit Pack/Portraits: Used for the Summer Islanders
- Byzantine Unit Pack: Not used
- Mediterranean Portraits: Not used
- Russian Unit Pack/Portraits: Not used
- Norse Unit Pack/Portraits: Not used
- Sunset Invasion: Some Aztecs may appear if enabled...
I have a copy of the HBO show's opening theme what I acquired completely legitimately. How can I use it as my main menu music?
Convert it to .ogg format, move it to your Crusader Kings II\mod\A Game of Thrones\music folder, and rename it crusaderkings2_maintitle
Hey, I noticed some missing shields...
This is technically a beta release.
I'm a Wildling and I have no idea what I'm doing.
The Wildlings don't respect dynastic ties the way Southerners do. They'll only follow strong leaders. The Wildlings receive a free Invasion CB on all their neighbors, and they receive significant military bonuses from having high prestige, but these bonuses come at two dangerous costs. First, Wildling provinces are ruled only at the Wildlings' pleasure. Anger the people too much, and you may find a revolt on your hands. Second, don't expect any higher-tier titles you create to outlast you - Wildling higher lordships and kingdoms dissolve on their rulers' deaths. As a Wildling, you'll find that power is easy to gain, and much more difficult to keep.
I am a French speaker, why are the dynasty names in English?
For french users: si vous voulez jouer avec les dynasties traduites, rendez vous dans Mes Documents/Paradox/mod/A Game of Thrones/Traduction dynastie/FAQ où vous trouverez la démarche à suivre pour jouer avec les noms des Maisons en français.
I'm making a CK2 mod and would like to use your Duel Engine, or I'd like to use your Duel Engine as a standalone mod.
We've released a generic, de-Westerosified version of the Duel Engine as a standalone mod here. Please remember to give us credit.
My character has like 25 martial, why is he losing to guys with really low martial in duels?
Martial ability, being a command rating, has no effect on duel outcomes. Traits are what determines this. The combat traits are the most important, whilst others like strong, weak and valyrian swords also contribute.
Are there supposed to be random silent sisters showing up in the Kingsguard/Nightswatch's court?
Yes, the game populates courts with random females. If you move the game simply adds more, this is the compromise we arrived at
Why are all High Septons called High Septon I?
A new High Septon extends the practice of septons giving up their family names by renouncing any kind of individual name. This is due to the belief that the individual becoming High Septon is no longer a man but an avatar of the gods.
Fabricating claims isn't working/happening too often, what have you done to it?
The chances of fabricating a claim have not been altered from vanilla, so having loads of claims or none at all in a certain period of time can happen.