[submod][1.5] Sorcery Mod

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [submod][1.5] Sorcery Mod

PostPosted by pietrko » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03

Elyria sorcerer was removed, the ambition has certain requirements, you have to be mystic, fire obsessed, scholar, or ruthless and have a combination of high learning & intrigue (11, 9).
Or you have to belong to a dynasty with magic traditions.
If you think that they are different guys who should be able to pursue sorcery - feel welcome to propose it.
pietrko

PostPosted by nathan81 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 20:02

It seems that I'm unable to have access to the ambition too, even if I have all of the requirements... In any case, thanks a lot for the update ;)
nathan81

PostPosted by pietrko » Thu Sep 28, 2017 20:15

Man forward me your save or:
- add a mystic trait to your character : add_trait = mystic
- improve learning and intrigue over 13 to be extra sure.
- remove content and honorable trait!
Check if that helps.
I will update mod ASAP if i find out what is wrong.
pietrko

PostPosted by nathan81 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 13:04

I don't understand what's wrong, I've tried several bookmarks with different characters and applied all the requirements to have the ambition, but it doesn't seems to appear for me.
Here is a save (I didn't play that much, just tried to see if that was working) https://we.tl/h2dO1dGUk2
Thanks dude !
nathan81

PostPosted by StarOfTheNight » Sun Oct 01, 2017 18:59

Just wanting to inform you that i too can't seem to get the ambition even if i meet all of the requirements.
StarOfTheNight

PostPosted by Canderous » Sun Oct 01, 2017 19:08

I think I am having the same issuee. I also can't get the ambition but the mod itself seems to be installed correctly. I can give my self the trait via "add_trait sorcerer". Any idea what couses this problem?
Also after giving me the trait there are no additional options/choices. Shouldn't there be some new decisions after gainig the trait?
Canderous

PostPosted by pietrko » Sun Oct 01, 2017 19:19

Canderous wrote:I think I am having the same issuee. I also can't get the ambition but the mod itself seems to be installed correctly. I can give my self the trait via "add_trait sorcerer". Any idea what couses this problem?
Also after giving me the trait there are no additional options/choices. Shouldn't there be some new decisions after gainig the trait?

Nope, flags are needed too, for spell selection.
Reuploaded
pietrko

PostPosted by Canderous » Sun Oct 01, 2017 23:45

Awsome. Seems to work with the new version :)

One last question: Is mystic really needed for the sorcery ambition or are there any other ways to get it? I find it pretty hard to get this trait without cheating.
Canderous

PostPosted by pietrko » Mon Oct 02, 2017 09:47

Not at all!
It is enough you're from one of the culture that practice sorcery more oftenly (or you'are a mystics, fire obseessed, scholar , ruthless, lunatic, possesed)

Cultures:
asshai/shadowman,
free cities,
quartheen

Also there's a ritual that bounds magic to your bloodline and allows for suitable member of dynasty to have this ambition.
So do not cheat - it is part of the game to have sustainable way for becoming a sorcerer.
pietrko

PostPosted by pietrko » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:57

HELP Needed:
Change event descriptions with something better:
Code: Select all
EVTDESCAsorcery.9;One of your courtiers noticed your interest in arcane. On one occasion he confronted you claiming that in his youth he have known a [teacher_target.GetCulture] sorcerer. He have seen the magic with his own eyes and know of a place where sorcerer practiced [teacher_target.GetHerHis] is art. With a little luck you may find [teacher_target.GetHerHim].;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

# B. Court maegi wants to teach you
EVTDESCBsorcery.9;Maegi of the court approached you, she says she may aid you in your study of arcane arts. As a girl she studied with blood mages from Asshai and she propose to unravel some secrets to you. But be warnted this is a dark path you wish to follow.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

# C. Port City witch rumours
EVTDESCCsorcery.9;The rumour reached your ears that there is an old woman seling cures in the city docs. Some say she is a healer, capable of magnificient feats, the others that she can foretold your future from taste of your blood and there are also those who claim, she is a witch and she lay with demons.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
pietrko

PostPosted by Canderous » Thu Oct 05, 2017 16:22

Are you sure that fire obsessed works as intended? I have a character who is fire obsessed but I could not pick the ambition. Only after I also became ruthless it was available.

Is there anything I can do to fullfill the ambition or do I have to wait until some event fires?
Canderous

PostPosted by pietrko » Thu Oct 05, 2017 18:33

Canderous wrote:Are you sure that fire obsessed works as intended? I have a character who is fire obsessed but I could not pick the ambition. Only after I also became ruthless it was available.

Is there anything I can do to fullfill the ambition or do I have to wait until some event fires?

Ambition is fullfilled when you get sorcerer trait.
You need somone to taught you sorcery, you can either wait for event or find a teacher yourself.
Ask yourself who knows blood magic/shadowbinder magic for sure.
Anyway I've made yet another changes to the mod :) its constant wip
pietrko

PostPosted by PilotLeo1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 03:27

Every time I find a sorcery to teach me he loses the trait, could it be a mod conflict problem?
PilotLeo1

PostPosted by pietrko » Mon Oct 09, 2017 17:41

PilotLeo1 wrote:Every time I find a sorcery to teach me he loses the trait, could it be a mod conflict problem?

No my dear PilotLeo,
you're most likely in Westeros where sorcery is forbidden and your courtier has the trait hidden.

If you're not in Westeros then it is a bug,
confirm where you are (capital)

New version is comming with slighlty expanded learning chain, better localization and bug fixes.
pietrko

PostPosted by rollomatik » Mon Oct 09, 2017 21:53

Everything seems to be working fine for me, but is the dragon binding updated/implemented for 1.5? Great mod
rollomatik

PostPosted by StarOfTheNight » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:23

So to clarify, i can't learn sorcery in Westeros or is just that i can't see the trait but he can still teach me?
StarOfTheNight

PostPosted by pietrko » Tue Oct 10, 2017 17:30

StarOfTheNight wrote:So to clarify, i can't learn sorcery in Westeros or is just that i can't see the trait but he can still teach me?

You can learn anywhere if you have access to teacher, the events that find you one trigger less in Westeros though.
You can find a magic guy yourself though.
But beware if dragons are not alive sorcery in Westeros is almost useless.

DRAGON BINDING
The dragon binding is unimplemented - hatching is instead.
The reason for this being fact that im not sure how to do it in balanced way.
Something more elaborate than spell would be better.
First create an item (dragonbinder horn)
Then use it.

If it would be a one time spell maybe it would be overpowered?
What u think guys
pietrko

PostPosted by Kironos » Thu Oct 12, 2017 21:45

Have it so you have to FIND the item in Valyria, and then learn the magic to use it.

After that you have to select sacrifices from people that like you, or prisoners, be on the same province as the dragon and then you get it.

It might be hard to translate into the game, but could there be a way to have the game remember who performed the ritual, regardless of who has Dragonbinder when it's used?

I mean, imagine you get Dragonbinder, perform the ritual and then gift it to your slow younger brother before sending him across the world to face the beast. He uses it, dies, but the dragon comes to you, who originally made the ritual.

What do you think?

EDIT:
The steps would be:
1 - Find item in Valyria - you cannot craft it, as to represent that some knowledge is really truly lost
2 - Learn magic, so you can start to understand what it does - be a Sorcerer, trait already in the submod
3 - Perform ritual - Sacrifices 4 days, make it so it has a very small chance of success so you are forced to kill a lot of people.
4 - Dragonbinder now recognizes you as it's owner.
5 - Find someone stupid/gullible enough to use it - someone who trusts you enough, or is simply dumb, so you can trick them into blowing the horn. "It totally won't kill you mate, trust me"
6 - Have the idiot/soon to be gone friend in a province with a dragon, in battle of otherwise, and boom. The dude dies and you get the dragon.

It would be hard/long enough for it not be OP, while making it interesting enough to have people still trying to do it.
Kironos

PostPosted by pietrko » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:13

Cool it is something i thought of - but I considered only one sacrifice needed for dragonbinder to be useful - obtaining it is would be difficutlt in the first place.
pietrko

PostPosted by livelikeme14 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 21:24

pietrko wrote:Cool it is something i thought of - but I considered only one sacrifice needed for dragonbinder to be useful - obtaining it is would be difficutlt in the first place.

i was also considering that fact also. its a really fantastic idea tho
livelikeme14

Previous

Return to Sub-Mods