Beric vs Sandor

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Beric vs Sandor

PostPosted by seanyboy66 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 21:48

A pretty good fight in the book obviously, but I wanted to know what you guys thought about it. Who would've won had the red god not (apparently) intervened?.

Beric Dondarrion wasn't in the prime of his abilities as far as I can tell, all those wounds and what not. He managed to balance out the fight by lighting his sword on fire, and Sandor has had a traumatic experience with fire. Also, Sandor at the time, was hung-over and in panic who was still able to beat Beric. Some people argue that Sandor wasn't standing much of a chance against Beric anyways, and it was either by the red gods intervention or sheer luck that caused him to win. I wanted to ask you're opinion about this, as nonetheless many of you have read/watched the fight.
seanyboy66

Re: Beric vs Sandor

PostPosted by Syn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 03:44

seanyboy66 wrote:A pretty good fight in the book obviously, but I wanted to know what you guys thought about it. Who would've won had the red god not (apparently) intervened?.

Beric Dondarrion wasn't in the prime of his abilities as far as I can tell, all those wounds and what not. He managed to balance out the fight by lighting his sword on fire, and Sandor has had a traumatic experience with fire. Also, Sandor at the time, was hung-over and in panic who was still able to beat Beric. Some people argue that Sandor wasn't standing much of a chance against Beric anyways, and it was either by the red gods intervention or sheer luck that caused him to win. I wanted to ask you're opinion about this, as nonetheless many of you have read/watched the fight.

If the sword was on fire, Beric had a chance.

Otherwise, Sandor is much more physically impressive, and probably more skilled with a blade as well.
Syn

Re: Beric vs Sandor

PostPosted by Reaper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 08:40

Sandor Clegane is one of the most formidable fighters in Westeros. The only reason Beric stood a chance in that fight was because The Hound was hung-over, and his sword was on fire, which really intimidates Sandor. Beric was very cocky in the fight, and hell, I would be too if I could be revived by a god had I been slain that day. The Hound's strength was too much for Beric's sword and in the end the flaming blade had turned out to be his downfall (Probably would have still lost even if his blade wasn't flaming).
Reaper

Return to Story and Lore