Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Blackfyre7 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 20:36

I have a different opinion on who he really is. The majority of us think he is either Rhaegar's kid, or he is some faker. I believe he is definitely Targaryen, but not Aegon. If you know your lore well, you'd know that Aerion Targaryen had a son in his exile in Lys. Now, what happened to that son? Maybe that son had a son who had a son who had a son etc, and then bam, you have some descendant of Aerion calling himself Aegon Targaryen.

Thoughts?
Blackfyre7
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 03:10

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by haro11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 02:56

It's good but if I remember my lore the son died young from drinking wildfire (Aerion Brightflame) if it's him you're thinking of.
haro11
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 08:53

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Blackfyre7 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 03:01

During his exile in Lys, he did die from drinking Wildfire, but he had an infant son before that.
Blackfyre7
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 03:10

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Toccs » Tue Dec 17, 2013 03:05

Aerion's son was described as "an infant" at the time The Great Council passed him over for succession. That would put him as possibly a few years older then say Barristan Selmy if he were alive today. I have seen theories that Varys may be that son and that he was actually castrated by the Great Council in order to secure Egg's reign and that he using a glamour to appear younger then he actually is.

Personally I don't really buy it though. The Blackfyre theory is too well supported in the text for it to come to nothing.
Smart and dumb are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Stark is born the gods flip a coin . . . and it always seems to land on dumb.
User avatar
Toccs
Moderator
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 02:38

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Robb Stark » Tue Dec 17, 2013 05:13

Toccs wrote:Aerion's son was described as "an infant" at the time The Great Council passed him over for succession. That would put him as possibly a few years older then say Barristan Selmy if he were alive today. I have seen theories that Varys may be that son and that he was actually castrated by the Great Council in order to secure Egg's reign and that he using a glamour to appear younger then he actually is.

Personally I don't really buy it though. The Blackfyre theory is too well supported in the text for it to come to nothing.


Wow, just wow about Varys being Aegon that would be great tho :shock: but I am more for the Blackfyre theory.
Image
“The winters are hard, but the Starks will endure. We always have.” – Eddard Stark
User avatar
Robb Stark
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 08:01
Location: Riverlands

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by MBjarno » Tue Dec 17, 2013 06:15

Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if Aegon turned out to be the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar. Just a big FU to the L+R=J theory
MBjarno
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 22:24

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Blackfyre7 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 17:18

Toccs wrote:Aerion's son was described as "an infant" at the time The Great Council passed him over for succession. That would put him as possibly a few years older then say Barristan Selmy if he were alive today. I have seen theories that Varys may be that son and that he was actually castrated by the Great Council in order to secure Egg's reign and that he using a glamour to appear younger then he actually is.

Personally I don't really buy it though. The Blackfyre theory is too well supported in the text for it to come to nothing.



Maybe Varys is Aerion's great grandson? It would make sense.
Blackfyre7
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 03:10

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Ivir Baggins » Tue Dec 17, 2013 18:48

Blackfyre7 wrote:I have a different opinion on who he really is. The majority of us think he is either Rhaegar's kid, or he is some faker. I believe he is definitely Targaryen, but not Aegon. If you know your lore well, you'd know that Aerion Targaryen had a son in his exile in Lys. Now, what happened to that son? Maybe that son had a son who had a son who had a son etc, and then bam, you have some descendant of Aerion calling himself Aegon Targaryen.

Thoughts?


I think that the Tattered Prince is Aerion's son. It's why he calls himself a prince perhaps.
Ivir Baggins
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 21:52

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Notalent » Tue Dec 17, 2013 23:40

Ivir Baggins wrote:
Blackfyre7 wrote:I have a different opinion on who he really is. The majority of us think he is either Rhaegar's kid, or he is some faker. I believe he is definitely Targaryen, but not Aegon. If you know your lore well, you'd know that Aerion Targaryen had a son in his exile in Lys. Now, what happened to that son? Maybe that son had a son who had a son who had a son etc, and then bam, you have some descendant of Aerion calling himself Aegon Targaryen.

Thoughts?


I think that the Tattered Prince is Aerion's son. It's why he calls himself a prince perhaps.

The Tattered prince is called the Tattered Prince because he was elected Prince of Pentos, also hes from a noble and wealthy Pentoshi family.

When the Tattered Prince was twenty-three the magisters of Pentos had chosen him to be their new Prince almost right after they have beheaded the previous one. Instead of accepting their offer he fled to the Disputed Lands and never returned to Pentos


As for Aegon being the son of Lyanna, thats just as impossible, there is literally no way Varys could have gained access to Lyanna's child.
Notalent
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 08:23

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Aegon VI Targaryen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 06:02

Aegon Targaryen is Aegon VI Targaryen, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell, and is the rightful King of Westeros.

That's what I very firmly believe, and will stick to, until GRRM says otherwise.
I am the only dragon that you need.
User avatar
Aegon VI Targaryen
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 09:46

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Blackfyre7 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 16:17

Actually, the rightful king of The Iron Throne is Stannis, as he is Robert's younger brother and Robert only had one legitimate child with Cercei, which(we think) she killed. Most people are ignorant to the fact that the Targaryen's are not on the Iron Throne. They are never going to inherit The Iron Throne by legitimate means. The only way they will get The Iron Throne is through fire and blood.
Blackfyre7
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 03:10

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Toccs » Thu Dec 19, 2013 00:07

Blackfyre7 wrote: Robert only had one legitimate child with Cercei, which(we think) she killed.


An invention of the show, no such thing happened in the books.

Blackfyre7 wrote:Most people are ignorant to the fact that the Targaryen's are not on the Iron Throne.


Robert's (and therefore Stannis' and even Joffery and Tommen's) claim to the Throne is a Targaryen one.
Smart and dumb are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Stark is born the gods flip a coin . . . and it always seems to land on dumb.
User avatar
Toccs
Moderator
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 02:38

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Notalent » Thu Dec 19, 2013 06:26

Toccs wrote:
Blackfyre7 wrote: Robert only had one legitimate child with Cercei, which(we think) she killed.


An invention of the show, no such thing happened in the books.

Blackfyre7 wrote:Most people are ignorant to the fact that the Targaryen's are not on the Iron Throne.


Robert's (and therefore Stannis' and even Joffery and Tommen's) claim to the Throne is a Targaryen one.

Yeah, in the book Cersei never let Robert ejaculate inside of her, the conversation in the book where she reveals that fact to Eddard Stark is actually pretty hilarious.
Notalent
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 08:23

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Syn » Sat Dec 21, 2013 20:58

Notalent wrote:
Toccs wrote:
Blackfyre7 wrote: Robert only had one legitimate child with Cercei, which(we think) she killed.


An invention of the show, no such thing happened in the books.

Blackfyre7 wrote:Most people are ignorant to the fact that the Targaryen's are not on the Iron Throne.


Robert's (and therefore Stannis' and even Joffery and Tommen's) claim to the Throne is a Targaryen one.

Yeah, in the book Cersei never let Robert ejaculate inside of her, the conversation in the book where she reveals that fact to Eddard Stark is actually pretty hilarious.

In Cersei's totally non-narcissistic mind, the only person that ejaculated in her was herself.

It's strange it took Jaime that long to notice why she liked him so much. Damn woman ruined the poor guy's life. :cry:
User avatar
Syn
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dissmaster » Wed Jan 01, 2014 22:13

Toccs wrote:
Blackfyre7 wrote: Robert only had one legitimate child with Cercei, which(we think) she killed.


An invention of the show, no such thing happened in the books.

Blackfyre7 wrote:Most people are ignorant to the fact that the Targaryen's are not on the Iron Throne.


Robert's (and therefore Stannis' and even Joffery and Tommen's) claim to the Throne is a Targaryen one.



True....so every living confirmed Targaryen has a legit claim on the Iron Throne.
Don't forget, that the Targaryens ruled the Seven Kingdoms for hundreds of years and Robert is "the Ursurper" and his house rules just since 1-2 generations.
Stark (Eddard(Sean Bean, you know), Bran, Rickon and the direwolves)
Lannister (Tyrion, Jaime and Tywin in his early years)
Targaryen (except the mad ones ;) )

Best Houses
Dissmaster
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 09:20

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Syn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 22:17

Dissmaster wrote:
Toccs wrote:
Blackfyre7 wrote: Robert only had one legitimate child with Cercei, which(we think) she killed.


An invention of the show, no such thing happened in the books.

Blackfyre7 wrote:Most people are ignorant to the fact that the Targaryen's are not on the Iron Throne.


Robert's (and therefore Stannis' and even Joffery and Tommen's) claim to the Throne is a Targaryen one.



True....so every living confirmed Targaryen has a legit claim on the Iron Throne.
Don't forget, that the Targaryens ruled the Seven Kingdoms for hundreds of years and Robert is "the Ursurper" and his house rules just since 1-2 generations.

They all have good claims, yes, since they are from a former ruling dynasty, and may still have supporters around.

The Baratheons have the greatest claims, by far. Stannis' line are the heirs of Robert, having no legitimate children of his own. I'd probably put Edric Storm above the Targaryens as well, due to being Robert's only noble-born offspring.
User avatar
Syn
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dissmaster » Wed Jan 01, 2014 23:35

nah

it depends on the supporters.....



But the claim of the Targaryens is stronger, Robert was the Usurper. he usurped the throne and did not inherit it on a legal way
Stark (Eddard(Sean Bean, you know), Bran, Rickon and the direwolves)
Lannister (Tyrion, Jaime and Tywin in his early years)
Targaryen (except the mad ones ;) )

Best Houses
Dissmaster
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 09:20

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by EDAP » Wed Jan 01, 2014 23:52

Baratheons were a cadet Branch of the Targs, and thus had some weak claim. But ultimately Robert's claim was his hammer - just like Aegon I claim was his dragons. Pure and simple, the Targ claim is now pointless unless they can win it back through strength of arms / dragons.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 15:15

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by Syn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 00:34

Dissmaster wrote:nah

it depends on the supporters.....



But the claim of the Targaryens is stronger, Robert was the Usurper. he usurped the throne and did not inherit it on a legal way

The Targaryens were defeated in a civil war.

They are no longer the Royal House of Westeros. That honor belongs to the Baratheons at the moment. Their claim takes precedent.
User avatar
Syn
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49

Re: Aegon Targaryen(Spoilers)

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Fri Feb 21, 2014 07:20

Being defeated in a civil war doesn't matter at all. The descendants of Aerys Targaryen have a much higher claim to the Iron throne than Robert Baratheon or any Baratheon will ever have. The Baratheons may be the current "Royal house" but they'll never have a higher claim than a Targaryen.
User avatar
LancelotLoire
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 16:32

Next

Return to Story and Lore

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests