Game loading CTD Thread

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: Game loading CTD Thread

PostPosted by MBjarno » Sat Dec 20, 2014 00:55

The Hand wrote:Hello all! I've been a long time player of the mod but i haven't played CK2 in forever and just recently started again. I have both the latest CK2, AGOT versions, and every DLC besides Charlemagne. When I start the game it goes fine until i get to the start screen. I click play and it crashes to desk top. I believe I have good specs and I've played the mod no problem before so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

P.S. I have a 64-bit system with 7 gigs of available RAM

Edit: Just checked don't have some of the face packs

The Newest mod is not compatible with Way of Life and the latest CK2 update, revert back to the one before that and you should be fine mate.

Having any of the DLC is not actually needed, so it doesn't matter whether you have it or not. It just offers more if you do, so revert your game and make sure Way of Life DLC is clicked off.
MBjarno

PostPosted by The Hand » Sun Dec 21, 2014 04:36

Oh thanks! I dont have Way of Life yet and I'm not sure how to revert to the old CK2 so i might wait until they become compatible!
The Hand

PostPosted by MBjarno » Sun Dec 21, 2014 13:42

The Hand wrote:Oh thanks! I dont have Way of Life yet and I'm not sure how to revert to the old CK2 so i might wait until they become compatible!

1. Right-Click CK2 on the Steam menu
2. Click properties
3. Click betas, and use 2.2.1

This will prompt a download, but should not be long. You can always revert back and forth between the betas, so don't fear doing anything irreversible. That being said, I am sure the next update will be out soon enough.
MBjarno

PostPosted by BFKelleher » Wed Dec 24, 2014 20:17

I've been unable to play the mod since the new version came out. It worked fine on 2.2.3 Beta, but once Way of Lie came out, I can't get it to work on the backdated version. I can however, get it to run and eventually crash randomly on the latest version (even with way of life enabled).

System: Win 7 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30 GHz
8.00 GB memory (7.90 GB usable)
CK2: 2.2.1 (yes I used the Steam betas interface to set it to that version)
AGOT: 0.9.1
Enabled DLC: Everything available save for Way of Life,Iberian unit/portrait packs, and Sunset Invasion

I don't really want to reinstall everything but I will if that's the only recourse recommended.
BFKelleher

PostPosted by EDAP » Thu Dec 25, 2014 00:12

Version 0.9.1 is meant to be ran with CKII 2.3
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by Syrezon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 14:38

2.2.1 + 9.0 and 2.3 + 9.1 both crash for me giving this error:

Code: Select all
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 2002000 61. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 2002020 61. Already exists in game.
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//coats_of_arms//dynasties4_muslim.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//coats_of_arms//dynasties4_indian.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: .

2.2.1 + 9.0 games run fine and suddenly begin crashing around the same date of that particular play through. 2.3 + 9.1 games crash when choosing an ambition.
Syrezon

PostPosted by xjay » Sun Feb 01, 2015 04:41

I Get the same thing.

[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//coats_of_arms//dynasties4_muslim.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:181]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//coats_of_arms//dynasties4_indian.tga.

Most recent Steam version (2.3.2 is it?)
Latest forum release of this mod (0.9.2)

DLC - all dlc except way of life, I don't have sunset invasion enabled either.
xjay

PostPosted by rjtsaigal » Sun Feb 01, 2015 13:23

xjay wrote:I Get the same thing.

Most recent Steam version (2.3.2 is it?)
Latest forum release of this mod (0.9.2)

DLC - all dlc except way of life, I don't have sunset invasion enabled either.

Same error here too. I've got version 2.3.2 of the game, 0.9.2 of the mod, with no DLC but way of life. Cheksum MMUR
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
rjtsaigal

PostPosted by Vystas » Fri Feb 20, 2015 16:02

Those error logs are largely useless, unfortunately.
The gold cloak drew a shortsword. “Here’s your law.”
Yoren looked at the blade. “That’s no law, just a sword. Happens I got one too.”
GoT Multiplayer Group: http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic7357.html
Vystas

PostPosted by Azsouth » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:03

I didn't know where to post this as I didn't want to start a new thread in the wrong section nor am I sure if it's the mod itself causing the crashes or the sub-mods I use but seems like every game year my game crashes to desktop at least once, I then load back up and get to play another year before it crashes again, I was playing in The Clash of Kings tab and had finally become King of the Iron Throne and united all the seven kingdoms when the game started to crash like this. I want to start a game right after the conquest but I'm hesitant to do so as I want to be able to spend a considerable amount of time in game before it crashes on me instead of every 5-10 minutes. The sub-mods I use are my own personal House, Bloodlines, Duels, Congenital Traits Overhaul, and More Decisions, not sure which, if any, are the cause of the crashing but getting kind of tired of it as I'm finding this version to be the least stable I'v played. Maybe Way of Life broke things (though I have it and it's active now that the game is compatible w/ it), idk, any help here would be appreciated. I don't have a saved game as I rage deleted all of them :/.
Azsouth

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sun Feb 22, 2015 03:34

Try loading the game with no sub-mods activated.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Remyw » Sun Feb 22, 2015 14:51

CK2 updated within Steam last week to 2.3.3 (DAQH).
Since that happened the game has become terribly unstable up to the point where it CTD's at random (startup, after 2 minutes, after 5 minutes, etc).

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I would roll back in Steam, but that's not yet possible..
Remyw

PostPosted by Vystas » Tue Feb 24, 2015 02:32

Remyw wrote:CK2 updated within Steam last week to 2.3.3 (DAQH).
Since that happened the game has become terribly unstable up to the point where it CTD's at random (startup, after 2 minutes, after 5 minutes, etc).

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I would roll back in Steam, but that's not yet possible..

Are you using any submods?
The gold cloak drew a shortsword. “Here’s your law.”
Yoren looked at the blade. “That’s no law, just a sword. Happens I got one too.”
GoT Multiplayer Group: http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic7357.html
Vystas

PostPosted by Remyw » Tue Feb 24, 2015 02:41

Nope! Have manually patched back to 2.3.2 and game is much, much more stable now. Wish Steam would let me roll back to 2.3.2 though. That last update was unnecessary and for GoT I need 2.3.2..
Remyw

PostPosted by Trindacut » Wed Feb 25, 2015 15:27

Remyw wrote:Nope! Have manually patched back to 2.3.2 and game is much, much more stable now. Wish Steam would let me roll back to 2.3.2 though. That last update was unnecessary and for GoT I need 2.3.2..

How do you roll back to 2.3.2???
Trindacut

PostPosted by Remyw » Wed Feb 25, 2015 15:40

Manual download. Do a Google-search for the patch and download it. Worked for me..
Remyw

PostPosted by Slavicist » Wed Mar 18, 2015 02:11

With this latest version, 0.9.3, every loading of a saved game leads to a CTD.
Slavicist

PostPosted by Fritzrei » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:04

I have an issue when at a specific date Dec. 17-19 the game would crash
Link to savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/download/48cn9 ... _12_04.ck2

Things to note:
Spoiler: show
1. I have patch 2.3.3 and I tested the save game with 2.3.2
2. I was using the submods Legendary Warriors, More Decisions, and CharID Tootip.
3. I already tested the save without the submods, and the game still crashes at that specific time.
4. I am playing on a relatively low-end laptop; however, I have, in the past, played this mod for long periods of time with only lag being my problem
5. I am pretty illiterate when it comes to editing files and technical talk, so if the fix for my problem involves input from my end, please bare with me :oops:

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Edit: I added the link to my savegame.
Fritzrei

PostPosted by Buck » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:48

Try disabling autosave. I had autosaves crash my game before. Regular quick save would work but autosave crashed it.

Other than that I don't know how to help you :/
Buck

PostPosted by supermonkeycar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 16:33

I need help, since the new patch with the mongol update. Everytime I try and launch a GOT game I dont even get to the loading screen. I just get a few a few flashes of a curser like it is about to load and then back to desktop. Not even an error message.

Someone please help. thx
supermonkeycar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion