Game loading CTD Thread

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: Game loading CTD Thread

PostPosted by EDAP » Wed Jul 27, 2016 20:37

The error logs for this game are near useless. And iirc this thread was originally created for diagnosing an issue with an old version - if you want help for issues with ctds you're more likely to get help in the bug report / technical discussion subforums.

These are the golden questions for ctds:

What version of CKII are you running?
What version of the mod are you running?
When you load to the main menu, what is the checksum (4 digits next to version number)
Are you running on windows / mac / linux?
Which scenarios are you trying to play?
Where did you install the mod to / how did you install it?
Are you running any submods?

Answer these if you want a meaningful answer.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by LamHappyWheels » Sun Sep 04, 2016 03:14

I quite like the original it's nice to share
LamHappyWheels

PostPosted by Hyltonisfilming » Wed Sep 07, 2016 23:47

What version of CKII are you running? 2.5.2
What version of the mod are you running? 1.2
When you load to the main menu, what is the checksum (4 digits next to version number) LJOD
Are you running on windows / mac / linux? Mac
Which scenarios are you trying to play? Doesn't seem to matter, but around Robert's Rebellion or Crowned Stag
Where did you install the mod to / how did you install it? Proper place.
Are you running any submods? Bloodlines / Legendary Warriors

I just... I need help man, I got past Game Loading CTD but now after 2 years-ish give or take it gets extremely unstable and tries really hard to crash as often as possible, sometimes around save points/autosave (tried with autosave off but that's just as bad) but just as often out of nowhere. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.
Hyltonisfilming

PostPosted by EDAP » Thu Sep 08, 2016 00:48

Hyltonisfilming wrote:I just... I need help man, I got past Game Loading CTD but now after 2 years-ish give or take it gets extremely unstable and tries really hard to crash as often as possible, sometimes around save points/autosave (tried with autosave off but that's just as bad) but just as often out of nowhere. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.

Try running without submods, see if you still get crashes after 2 years.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by BadFlow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 21:26

1.5 Version mod
2.7.1 Game
I dont use submods only MOD + all DLC without EU4 converter.

[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: archers, near line: 878" in file: "common/artifacts/00_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: archers, near line: 895" in file: "common/artifacts/00_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: archers, near line: 912" in file: "common/artifacts/00_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: archers, near line: 929" in file: "common/artifacts/00_artifacts.txt"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_isleserpents"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_deathisle"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_taressyar"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_isleoftoads"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_isleofvines"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_skullisland"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_shameisle"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_1", province: "b_shameisle"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_2", province: "b_shameisle"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_theskulls"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_1", province: "b_theskulls"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_2", province: "b_theskulls"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_greygallows"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_1", province: "b_greygallows"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_2", province: "b_greygallows"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_asoiaf_pirateshipyard", province: "b_lastrefuge"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_1", province: "b_lastrefuge"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_shipyard_2", province: "b_lastrefuge"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ct_legionary_barracks", province: "b_newghis"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ct_legionary_barracks", province: "b_newghisharbour"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_legionary_barracks", province: "b_pyramidnewghis_2"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ct_legionary_barracks", province: "b_ghaen"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_painted_table", province: "b_stone_drum"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_forktop_point"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_the_fist"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_ruddy_hall"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_icehome"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_iceguard"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_shivering_grove"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_antler_fork"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_hardhome"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_haunted_keep"
[title.cpp:10313]: Removed non-potential building from province! building: "ca_wildling_barracks", province: "b_whitewatch"
BadFlow

PostPosted by EDAP » Sat Sep 16, 2017 00:05

IIRC error log is useless. You're more likely to get a dev response in the bug report forums, also should probably include more details - does it crash every time you hit a certain date, randomly, etc.
EDAP

Previous

Return to General Discussion