A GAME OF THRONES
A Total Conversion Mod for Crusader Kings II
Download A Game of Thrones v0.5.1 (Windows exe): HERE (mirror)
Download A Game of Thrones v0.5.1 (Mac / Linux / zipped files): HERE (mirror)
Compatible with: CK2 2.0.4
Warning: This is a BETA version
, so it might (in fact, it will most likely) contain bugs and unfinished features!If you want to avoid certain A Dance with Dragons spoilers in pre-AFFC scenarios install the following sub-mod:DOWNLOADThe installation procedure for the mod has changed!
The mod files must now be copied to the /mod subfolder in the same Paradox/Crusader Kings II folder as your saved games. Windows users have been provided with an installer that performs this function automatically, while Mac users can find detailed installation instructions here
In a land where summers last for years and winters last for decades, nine great families struggle for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Take control of a noble house, from the Starks of Winterfell to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and win the Iron Throne!
But remember, winter is coming.Patch 0.5.1 Notes
This update is mainly fixes and tweaks, much of which has come from feedback from yourselves. Slavery and Wildlings in particular have had a good seeing to. We've also extended the map to Asshai, mainly to give the Qartheen guilds more room to trade and for completeness. The blank areas will not be getting filled in anytime soon, due to a lack of canon information. The Westerosi titular kingdoms have also been integrated into the main mod, so you can try and forge a new Kingdom!
- You may notice an enormous area called the Dothraki Sea, it is currently inactive as the Dothraki mechanics have not been completed yet.
- If you are wondering about the question mark flags everywhere, there are currently no flags for many areas.
Full changelog below.CHANGELOG
- Map extended to Asshai
- Titular Kingdoms added for each high lordship in Westeros
- The slave management decisions are now in an event menu to reduce clutter in the decision menu
- Added an option to make a slave into a eunuch
- Slaves can now be Master of Laws or Master of Coin
- The Enslavement CB is now usable against realms freed by a slave revolt
- Relatives of an enslaved character will now be angry with the enslaver
- Enslaving your own subjects will now incur tyranny
- Decreased light infantry malus in slave camps
- Characters will now lose their spouse if enslaved
- It is no longer possible to enslave relatives
- Decreased frequency and strength of slave revolts. It is now also possible to regain slave camps levels if the revolt is defeated
- Added more possible slave prices and revised the AI's decison making when choosing a pice
- Owning slave camps now helps with Harrenhals reconstruction
- The AI should no longer be so enthusiastic to slave raid north of the Wall
- Characters with legal slavery who traditionally practice it will no longer enact Thralldom (unless they are a lunatic)
- Slave pits and traits should no longer disappear when loading a save game
- Slaves can no longer ask to become Maesters/Priests or to go to the Night's Watch
- When buying a slave the option to choose bed/warrior slaves will now work
- Old female slaves can no longer be bred
- Beyond the Wall Old Gods is now in it's own religion group, so they can raid anywhere. Can still inter-marry with Old Gods rulers.
- Adapted the vanilla finnish pagan festival decision into a winter feast for the wildlings
- Added a decision to go and try and steal a random spearwife
- Female wildlings can now lead armies
- Improved the wildling barracks
- Rebalanced wildling revolts, which also now use the mechanics of other rebel types
- Added history for a couple of wildling provinces
- Wildlings no longer use dowries
- Fixed the weak wildling heir warning
- Gave Bael the Bard a dynasty and a larger family
- Wildlings now use the norse dynasty coats of arms
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- Female rulers from Bone Mountain matriarchal realms can now use most male only events/decisions
- Non Westerosi rulers now get appropriate season notifications
- Added a First Night crown law
- Added an event for AI 'true cognatic' rulers that evaluates their choice of marriages for their daughters, and alters them if the choice was stupid. If they make a good political regular marriage the daughter will now be disinherited, so another child can continue the line.
- Females can now choose to legitimise their bastards under certain circumstances
- When a lord split from an empire during a mega war is attacked by an external enemy, they can call their liege to arms to defend them
- Sansa is now 'missing' in AFFC. Also added an event Littlefinger dealing with her
- Missing Stark children may now possibly reveal themselves when adults
- The Rose and the Lion event will no longer happen if Margaery is pregnant
- Added MOAR nicknames.
- Black brothers can now be granted castles via honourary title
- Followers of R'hllor or the Bearded Priests with 5 or more children can choose to send extra sons (not the heir) to the Temple
- Adapted vanilla event where you discover your wife is pregnant with another man's child to the mod's cucko bastard mechanics
- When investigating a characters legitimacy it is now possible to implicate the targets siblings in the plot
- Added an event for Dragon Lairs to appear in the Eastern and Western Shadow Mountains provinces in the Shadowlands
- Added Dragon intel to Asshai
- An independent wife of Young Griff can use the decision to legalise his heritage
Character/Database setup (WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD):
- Dany is now ruler of Vaes Tolorro in AcoK to make her selectable in multiplayer
- Harren the Black now has the Kingdom of the Trident title, to stop the LP of the Riverlands emerging so often.
- Gave the Kingslayer the Brave trait.
- Added High Septon history
- Torben Shermer is no longer his daughter's brother.
- Fixed problem where Triarch for Life Horonno was still alive in the Conquest bookmark, which was causing some issues with the Volantis title history
- Fixed problem where the Sealord of Braavos was unplayable in the Conquest of Dorne bookmark
- Added history for the Warlocks to properly connect the duke tier Warlock title to the HotU barony
- Gave Daemon Blackfyre his correct lover
- Fixed Darksister history around the time of Visenya's death
- Aemond Targaryen now wears an eyepatch
- Changed birth date of Daemon Targaryen by a few of months as he is currently 50 at the Dance start rather than 49 (age when he died too.)
- Fixed Dontos Vaith (uncanon son of Daeron Vaith) being a female.
- Changed birthdate of Lyonel Tyrell (the one that got killed in Dorne) from 130AL to 129AL.
- Updated death date/tile history of Loras Tyrell, Lyonel's father to before the Dance begins, as Lyonel (a baby) is Lord of Highgarden during the Dance.
- Gave Lyonel Tyrell the quick trait and all his uncles the content trait to stop the expected succession wars that'd crop up in a Dance start.
Lyonel loses the quick trait for the Dorne start however.
- Gave Aerion Brightflame the disinherited trait at the time of his exile. Now Aegon V is Maekar's heir in the After spring scenario.
- Rebalanced the Ninepenny Kings somewhat
- The AI will now only take loans if actually in debt
- Adjusted the vassal kills servant feast event
- To participate in triarch politics a character now needs to be etiher valyrian or reside in the Triarchy's primary kingdom.
- Greatly reduced the revolt risk from Dragon Lairs
- If the owner of a province with a Dragon lair owns a dragon themelf, a character now needs to be related to the owner to use the face dragon decision
- Further improvements to independence faction AI. Also updated mega war AI for the 'time to break free' decision to match
- Reduced strength and frquency of pirate mutinies
- Duchy titles will now only assimilate if they contain the assimilating Kingdom's capital or border existing de jure land of that title
- High Valyrians now have -3% global revolt risk in their provinces
- Westerosi rulers will no longer accept embargo requests against eastern realms
- Increased reduce in revolt risk after crushing a revolt
- It is no longer possible to try to sieze trade posts in the territory of foreign republics (vanilla mechanics do not allow it)
Graphics and portraits:
- Added a ghiscari portrait style (made by DarkReborn)
- The Bite high lordship no longers use the flag of a muslim sultanate
- The Dothraki and Lhazareen and Eastern cultures now use their dynasty coat of arms on realm tier shields.
- Westerlands CoA-s: Farman updated
- Riverlands CoA-s: Mallister and Bracken updated, minor fixes
- Female Ghiscari will no longer use Valyrian crowns
- Added the red/black hair colour to the new Ghiscari portrait style
- Improved the positions of many armies, ships and cities
- Added the Westerosi titular kingdoms from the submod
- Added a Lady of Waves religion that Sistermen may change to
- All the hedge knight dynasties may now appear randomly (without custom CoA)
- Renamed Sunset keep to Sunrise Keep and fixed Pebbles name
- Westerosi Emperors are now called 'High King'
- Priests of the Valyrian religion now called Stormsingers
- Added a Bearded Priest trait, the event that gives it to landed priests and gave it to Areo Hotah and the High Priests in Norvos
- The Red Priest trait now comes with Fire Obsessed, and the Warlock and Shadowbinder traits now come with mystic for landed priests
- If a Merchant Republic's capital province is usurped it's capital will now be moved to another coastal province if possible.
- Split many large event spawned armies in various scenarios into three parts
- Republic vassals of an Empire tier merchant republic will no longer be split in mega wars if they would temporarily become merchant republics themselves
- Matched casing in settlements interface file and actual model files
- Fixed problem where Jon would retain the Wall title if he accepted Stannis' offer in AFFC
- Fixed noreligion problem in Ibben
- Fixed issue with giving a cadet dynasty when not a great house
- Fixed mega war problem where vassals of rebel leaders could not oppose their liege and join their top liege
- The Citadel will now only relocate to Westerosi lands if it becomes landless
- Injured children can no longer get the climbing tower event
- Resolved issue with Volantene triarch elections that was causing CTDs
- AI no longer allergic to tourneys and other decisions
- If YG conquers the Stormlands Stannis should now stay independent from him
- When moving your capital, household guard modifiers should now be removed in the old capital when you setup a new guard
- The companion on the sword quest can no longer join the Kingsguard or ask to join the Nights Watch, Citadel etc
- Fixed problem with the Northern Frostfangs province
- It is now possible to build on the spare holding slots in Lorath, Ny Sar and Ar noy
- Giants can no longer join the Kingsguard
- Fixed problem where the kingsguard would not work if the Iron Throne was a secondary title
- Fixed sending Kingsguard on loan event
- Fixed problem where if an empire tier character granted someone independence they would be re-vassalsied a few days later due to the mega war system
- Fixed problem where if a character declares an independence war on their emperor tier liege in the middle of a civil war they would lose war score for defending their holdings
- Fixed problem where northern hill clansmen couldnt hire Maesters
- Ambitions to improve tier of title will now succeed if a character jumps two or more tiers
- Fixed problem where faction/mega war AI wasn't checking for alliances properly
- Fixed problem where crown loyalists weren't actually joining the crown in mega wars
- Revoking a King tier title will no longer cause a character to lose 200000 prestige
- Fixed problem where Dany would take all of the Stormlands holdings if she won the Iron Throne from a Baratheon
- Fixed problem where the education events would sometimes not work
- Fixed rare problem where the King of the Iron Throne would grant and revoke King's landing in an endless loop
- Lowborns can no longer start blood feuds
- Fixed problem where the improvement of base value buildings would succeed instantly
- Fixed problem where the courtiers of the accused would sometimes be the judge in a trial
- Fixed problem with Triarchies where if the senior Triarch failed to get relected he wouldn't actually lose the title
- Fixed problem with the Shavepate being sworn directly to Dany which was causing a CTD in AFFC bookmark
- Fixed problem with Alequo Adarys not being playable in Ninepenny Kings bookmark
- Added values for the 1 Far East provicne I had missed. Adjusted all relevant files accordingly
- Fixed Tumco Lho using the same ID as Missandei
- Added a missing event to the Warlocks events
- Fixed issue with Westerlands vassals remaining independent after the Rains of Castamere
- Fixed Catelyn Kidwell being a male
- Added missing descriptions for Faith Militant Uprising and Ninepenny Kings bookmarks
- Pirate Invasions can no lnoger be used against the Night's Watch
- Giants can no longer emerge in events where random characters are generated
- Visiting the chambers of old ladies can no longer result in impregnation
- Fixed problem where mega wars were triggering for the Aztecs
- Code: Select all
Cabezaestufa: Founder/Map creator, General Coding Support, Events, DNA, Balancing, Bugfixing, North Content, Misc. Graphics, Team Management.
Knuckey: Project Leader, Scripting, History Work, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, "Megawars"
Scripting & Coding:
Galle: Events, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, DND, Localisation, Fighting Traits and the Duel Engine, New Plots, AI Work, Nightswatch/wildlings content
Sunspear: Coding, Events, Riverland Content, Bugfixing, Positioning Tool, Balancing, misc. Graphics, Personal Interaction, Faceless Men, Dragons.
Ogaburan (Ran Miller): Events, Westerland & Frey, Minor Families Filler, DNA, New Education System, Kingsguard, Knights, Bugfixing, Balancing, Misc. Graphics.
Fashbinder: Event scripting/balance, Trial by court, Nightswatch/wildlings content,
Toccs: Essos work, General Coding Support, DNA, Many History Updates/Improvements, Far East map creator.
Rodri: Event, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Dynasty tracing, Trial by Combat, Hereditary Valyrian Swords, New Ambitions.
Zarine: General Coding Support, New Battle System, Translations, Bugfixing.
Stiener (DanJonMin): CoA placeholders, Events, Iron Islands content, Localization, Misc. Graphics.
Wolfgang Pauli: Maintenance Events, Rescue CB, Testing, CoA Graphics.
Etel: Grell-conversion Work.
Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding.
HuskyWolf: Scripted a bit and added some traits.
Harrenhal restoration, R'hllor Magic, Reforged Swords, VSS Quest.
Waylit: Special siege events mod.
Comradebot: Farwynd skinchanger events, Ironborn event ideas
Tompalmer : Event scripting.
StoneTheCrow/Tycho: Valyrian Swords, history improvements, bug fixes.
Jenks: Event scripting
Edric_Storm: Dynasty CoA Artist, Dynamic CoA Generator Graphics (higher res, new designs), New CoA Templates (fabric banner and hide versions).
the_hdk: Crownlands initial Content, Dynasty CoA Artist, Title Flags, New CoA Template (leather version), New Skinchanger trait icons and misc icons.
Rabid Bogling: Dynasty CoA and Title flags Artist. New Portrait Graphics.
StGeorge: Icons & Loading Screens.
talias: Trait icons, Titular Kingdoms
Peuri: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
dauncosony: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
Velho e Bom Joe: City models and textures.
HMAS-Nameless: CoA, misc. graphics.
Molleby: CoA placeholders.
Narf: Iconography & Testing.
Smoesville: Event pictures/flags
Amok: Much of his artwork used for event pictures: http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery
Starkweather: Valyrian children portraits, Titular Kingdoms
Jorian Drake: Dynasty CoA and title flags artist.
DarkReborn: Ghiscari portraits
Chrisjm89: Historical character histories.
Hobbes MkII: Historical character histories
Tompalmer: Historical corrections and community management.
Initial Content: ThePiglet, Hroppa, AlecTrevelyan006, Helios Ra, Jazthesentinel, Maginor
Clash of Kings Scenario:
Tompalmer: Scenario Design Lead
Mug bubule: Scenario Design
Nacodaco: Scenario Design, Scenario Histories
Knuckey: Scenario Scripting
Hobbes MkII: Scenario Histories
C_moore: Scenario Histories
HuskyWolf: Scenario Histories and poor grammar
Original Music :
Aurélien Benharrats ( http://www.aurelien-b.fr/)
Translations & Localization:
Dany Quest: Loafcake, jimthepocket, MBjarno, blackninja9939, JON SNOWSTARK, EDAP, KnightKing
Stannis (French test)
Lord Riusma (French for Garde de Nuit)
Special thanks for french proofreading: Merela, Graymarch, Sand, Hawkin, Pandémie, Suwan
'Dom (JonSnoooow)' Saint_Esteban 'Ser Ham'
Smoesville Karuga ItsAtrap
Dingo lychnidos Kingsgrave
DadeRoyal 'Benjen Coldwater' daddytorgo
philosophert nudu Greatjon
Zirael Narf GoogleSearch
xoatl 'Daemon Blackfyre' EDAP
Special Thanks To:
Grell74 for [url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?491188-Westeros-Mod-War-of-the-Usurper]his original Crusader Kings mod[/url], from which we took many things (spoiler warning)
Paradox Interactive for their great game
George R. R. Martin for his awesome books
Westeros.org for all it's information and resources, including many CoA graphics
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?592170-Mod-Campaign-Map-Culturally-different-cities.]Culturally Different Cities[/url] for our city graphics.
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?605746-MOD-Friends-amp-Foes-100-Traits-Mod]Friends & Foes[/url] for trait ideas & iconography templates
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?591226-The-Prince-and-the-Thane-%28MOD-WIP%29]The Prince and the Thane[/url] for some of our ambitions
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?625248-Here-is-how-to-add-an-Embark-shortcut-key-%28and-others%29&p=14206952&viewfull=1#post14206952]Alphanos's shortcuts mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?609850-Minimod-Ransom-All-Decision]Ransom all minimod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624768-MOD-mini-Dungeons-and-Sieges-An-Imprisonment-Game!]Dungeons and Sieges mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?594644-MOD-Lupus-Agnum-improved-usefulness-of-the-martial-skill]Lupus Agnum mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624367-MOD-Elder-Kings-a-CK2-Elder-Scrolls-mod]Elder Kings mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?644573-MOD-NB-New-Borders]NB+/New Borders mod[/url]
[url=http://www.lagardedenuit.com/]La Garde de Nuite[/url] for help with the French translation.