Modding guides

For specific technical issues and questions.

Modding guides

PostPosted by Cabezaestufa » Sat Mar 03, 2012 19:13

- Modding FAQ. Contains a decent list of event triggers, effects and scopes among other interesting stuff.
- Quick questions. If you are lucky you might even get an answer from the devs.
- EU3 modding guides. Even if it's for EU3, it's still useful for learning the basics due to ck2 still not having anything remotely as complete as this.
Cabezaestufa
Site Admin

Re: Modding guides

PostPosted by Anon90 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 00:05

As great as that is, but I do not unfortunately have access to the paradox forums, do you think it'd be possible to CnP it to here?
Jon: First lesson, stick’em with the pointy end.
Arya: I know which end to use.
Anon90

PostPosted by jb567 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 00:24

jb567

PostPosted by Arcvalons » Tue May 03, 2016 19:22

It's 2016 and now CK2 has modding guides far more complete than anything EU3 ever had:
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding
Arcvalons

PostPosted by EDAP » Tue May 03, 2016 21:38

Arcvalons wrote:It's 2016 and now CK2 has modding guides far more complete than anything EU3 ever had:
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding

Yeah, no shit.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. This is still largely up to date, and I will try and remember to update it when I find the time.
EDAP

PostPosted by CDR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 21:17

Having trouble adding baronies to existing provinces. I've seen some discussions on this site and elsewhere but my efforts bore no fruit. Wish to add 1 or 2 vassals to Lords throughout Westeros. Any references or help would be appreciated.
CDR

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 21:26

If you wanta barony slot, you have to add a new uniquely named entry under the c_ title in mod\common\landed_titles\landed_titles.txt as well as a localization entry in mod\localisation. you need to go into mod\history\provinces\ <# of the province>, and change the max_settlements = #(Max of 7 holdings per province, 1 as capital and 6 direct baronies) to the new amount. And If you want it already built in game, such as b_<newbarony> = castle.
SinStar87

PostPosted by CDR » Sun Jul 24, 2016 05:55

Everything checks out besides the localization, at least from what I remember, I didn't mess with it. Just leaving work so I'll check it out when I get home. Appreciate the help Sin, love your mods btw.
CDR

PostPosted by CDR » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:48

Vuala! Worked like a charm. Thanks for the info Sin. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to start as an unlanded character? Ive read enough to know it's auto game over and that you have a landless adventurer submod that works only on the stipulation your already landed, though I have yet to test it.
CDR

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:34

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoy them.

I don't believe there's a way to start landless, it seems hardcoded that way. Like when I'd play as a landless character, it'd play fine until I'd exit and try to reload. Then it'd say can't play landless characters and the load button would be greyed out and unclickable. You can work around it by giving a "to be landless" character some land then code them abandoning their land, like I do with my landless adventurers and Winds of Winter mods and AGoT team does with Dany. As long as they are relanded for a save it should work alright, except for the landless character crashing bug Paradox introduced in the latest patches.
SinStar87

PostPosted by CDR » Mon Jul 25, 2016 05:00

Yeah, figured it was. Since it's hard coded I guessed as much about the landless adventurer cause it's game over if without land. Thanks for the info though! Again, appreciate the help and your work. Would definitely be a void without ya. Ever need a tester or what not, just give me a shout.
Cheers
CDR

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 05:06

Well it's more titleless means gameover, landless adventurer mod is designed to make you a landless character, and has code that triggers if you meet the requires to give you a landless title if you lose your last castle to run around with and try and get some land back to continue playing. Ofcourse Paradox bungled that with the 2.5 patches so now it'll crash as often as not with landless characters.

:) Will do.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Yajirobei » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:35

Hello.
I have a question about adding "baronies" to localisation. I have no trouble with changing province files and landed.titles, but never tried with localisation files and how it works.
I added many new houses (especially in the North) and always wanted at least give them baronies. I succeed with that, when I successfully add or changed files in characters, provinces, landed titles and titles sections. But I always leave the names of my holdings like "b_name" in the game, because I didn't want to mess with localization files. I read something about it and it seems it's not hard, but I do have a question:
how i have to add this names of my baronies to localisation files? I should add it to specific, already created and existed files for mod (North, Riverlands, Crownlands) or should I create my own files? If so, how much, one for each buidling?

Cheers :)
Yajirobei

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:39

Each title needs an entry in loc files, you can make your own csv files for it you can do an all in one where all your loc is in that one file or divide it up into different files like 1 for event loc one for titles etv, format is
b_maku;Maku;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
SinStar87

PostPosted by Yajirobei » Wed Nov 30, 2016 13:05

SinStar87 wrote:Each title needs an entry in loc files, you can make your own csv files for it you can do an all in one where all your loc is in that one file or divide it up into different files like 1 for event loc one for titles etv, format is
b_maku;Maku;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Ok, thank You for Your answer, It seems more clearer now, but I have another question:
How I'm supposed to name it, if it should work? Original is zz_titles_north and so on with other regions (I added buildings in different areas). It is indifferent (I assume isn't). So how it should be named, that game will recognize it properly (I prefer to do summary one file, but I easily can do one for each).

P.S.
I love your little-submods, they are fun to play with :)
Yajirobei

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 13:12

If you aren't overriding anything you can name it anything unique.
SinStar87

Return to Technical Discussion