[Sub-Mod] Westeros Only

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: [Sub-Mod] Westeros Only

PostPosted by Brinabavd » Tue Jul 26, 2016 03:01

I wonder if there is a flavoured version that doesn't remove all of Essos but only the Far East. The Free Cities included, but nothing much else.

I slapped together a version that removes everything east of the Bone Mountains. It seems to run faster but I haven't done much testing. Here it is:
Lessos v.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3192v2fw8pagw ... s.zip?dl=0
Brinabavd

PostPosted by NTFTH » Wed Aug 03, 2016 15:31

Brinabavd wrote:
I wonder if there is a flavoured version that doesn't remove all of Essos but only the Far East. The Free Cities included, but nothing much else.

I slapped together a version that removes everything east of the Bone Mountains. It seems to run faster but I haven't done much testing. Here it is:
Lessos v.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3192v2fw8pagw ... s.zip?dl=0

I downloaded it and noticed that the Isle of Flies and Howling Mountain in the Basilisk Isles are removed while everything else isn't. Is that intentional or a mistake?
NTFTH

PostPosted by Brinabavd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 00:33

Sorry, my bad. Here's a link to a fixed version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl04z69clb7yj5a/Lessos.zip?dl=0
Brinabavd

PostPosted by gekkeman » Sat Aug 13, 2016 17:03

@Brinabavd

With your submod oldtown somehow has the ruined modifier , but it isnt a ruin its quite the annoying bug.
Do you know where i can fix it in the save files or smthing
gekkeman

PostPosted by Brinabavd » Sun Aug 14, 2016 03:17

With your submod oldtown somehow has the ruined modifier , but it isnt a ruin its quite the annoying bug.

I have no idea what's causing that, or what could be causing it. But if you want to fix it by manually editing the saves its easy enough. If your saves are uncompressed, open them up in a text editor and search for "Oldtown" (quotes included). Then delete the province flag section and the the province modifier section. I'll try to figured out what's causing this and post a fixed version.

EDIT: I think this is happening because the unoccupied provinces initialization event is trying to target the now empty provinces beyond the bone mountains. Rather than editing that event, I wrote a new one that will remove the ruined province modifier from oldtown at the start of the game and replenish the levies there.

here's v3:https://www.dropbox.com/s/awlutbxfcqph9l6/Lessos.zip?dl=0
Brinabavd

PostPosted by gekkeman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 18:17

Brinabavd wrote:

I have no idea what's causing that, or what could be causing it. But if you want to fix it by manually editing the saves its easy enough. If your saves are uncompressed, open them up in a text editor and search for "Oldtown" (quotes included). Then delete the province flag section and the the province modifier section. I'll try to figured out what's causing this and post a fixed version.

EDIT: I think this is happening because the unoccupied provinces initialization event is trying to target the now empty provinces beyond the bone mountains. Rather than editing that event, I wrote a new one that will remove the ruined province modifier from oldtown at the start of the game and replenish the levies there.

Awesome , thanks for the fast work!
gekkeman

PostPosted by gekkeman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 01:28

gekkeman wrote:
Brinabavd wrote:

I still have the bug somehow got any idea how to fix it?
I see the event in the mod file but it wont fire
gekkeman

PostPosted by gekkeman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 01:47

you did write c_the_citadel instead of c_oldtown , i changed that and i got a event this time but it crashed my game so there must be something more wrong
gekkeman

PostPosted by Brinabavd » Tue Aug 16, 2016 04:40

Weird. It works for me. Try this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/awlutbxfcqph9l6/Lessos.zip?dl=0

edit:That's deliberate. The event is supposed to fire for the archmaester of the citadel (c_the_citadel) like other setup events.
Brinabavd

PostPosted by gekkeman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 14:25

It still doesnt fire for me , i guess i'll have to do it manually
gekkeman

PostPosted by Brinabavd » Tue Aug 16, 2016 17:05

It still doesnt fire for me , i guess i'll have to do it manually

Tested it. I was wrong, it wasn't firing. It worked for the tests I ran. But I loaded up my saves (I'd been playing in Essos), and sure enough Oldtown was a ruin. Must not have noticed. :oops:

This is probably a bit late for you if you've already edited the save, but I figured out why it wasn't firing, and made sure that it does by making it a triggered on_startup event. Also moved the levy refill to a second event that fires a month later b/c it wasn't refilling properly either. If you fire this one manually it should still refill the levies, even if you've already started the game.

If you want to try it the old link will work fine.
Brinabavd

PostPosted by gekkeman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 21:28

Awesome its working ty so much
gekkeman

PostPosted by Helvetti » Fri Aug 26, 2016 04:31

Both are not working for me, for some reason.
Helvetti

PostPosted by Brinabavd » Fri Aug 26, 2016 17:45

You mean the links, the events or what? I'm happy to help but I'll need some details.
Brinabavd

PostPosted by Helvetti » Fri Aug 26, 2016 22:05

The mods. Westeros Only gives me the blank event, and Lessos only deletes the very far far east (asshai and that northern region).
Helvetti

PostPosted by Brinabavd » Sat Aug 27, 2016 04:05

In case you're trying to run both at once: Lessos isn't a (sub)submod of Westeros Only, its a substitute, since its basically just Westeros Only but deleting less. If Westeros only is giving you a blank event, well, its knuckey's work not mine so I can't help you there. If you're getting a blank event with Lessos, I don't know what's causing that.

As for what Lessos removes, my intention is only to remove the far east past the Qarth and Hyrkoon, since those regions form a natural barrier and the Far East doesn't interact much with the rest of the world.
Brinabavd

PostPosted by Cirmisekiz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 19:25

Is there any chance of this being updated for 1.3?
Cirmisekiz

PostPosted by zJordan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 21:03

It'll likely be updated, usually it takes them a week or two.

Anyway I really don't think Westeros Only is needed anymore, game runs so damn well.
zJordan

PostPosted by cynicalgiant » Tue Oct 18, 2016 09:27

zJordan wrote:It'll likely be updated, usually it takes them a week or two.

Anyway I really don't think Westeros Only is needed anymore, game runs so damn well.

It is even slower for me than it was in the previous patch, for some reason.
cynicalgiant

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Oct 18, 2016 19:06

The submod is now compatible with 1.3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/44um09s97 ... steros.zip

It is very fast :D
knuckey
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods