A GAME OF THRONES
A Total Conversion Mod for Crusader Kings II
Download A Game of Thrones v0.6.2 (Windows exe): HERE (mirror)
Download A Game of Thrones v0.6.2 (Mac / Linux / zipped files): HERE (mirror)
Compatible with: CK2 2.1.4
Warning: This is a BETA version
, so it might (in fact, it will most likely) contain bugs and unfinished features!Mac/Linux/Zipped files warning:
The mod files must
be copied to <Your Documents>/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod folder. We also recommend any previous mod files in this folder are deleted before copying the new version. Windows users have been provided with an installer that performs this function automatically, while Mac users can find detailed installation instructions in the manualWarning: This mod is likely to be incompatible with 32bit systems with low memory. We recommend at least 4GB of memory on a 64bit system.If you want to avoid certain A Dance with Dragons spoilers in pre-AFFC scenarios install the following sub-mod:DOWNLOAD
Pour les joueurs français, après l'installation en VF, téléchargez, dézippez et collez ce fichier dans Document/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1zri9rr69qmuct/A+Game+of+Thrones.zip
In a land where summers last for years and winters last for decades, nine great families struggle for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Take control of a noble house, from the Starks of Winterfell to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and win the Iron Throne!
But remember, winter is coming.Patch 0.6.2 Notes
This update addresses some bugs that arose from the update to the last vanilla patch, as well as being compatible with patch 2.1.4
- The Jogos Nhai now use Dothraki nomadism
- Many dragon fixes
- If you are wondering about the question mark flags everywhere, there are currently no flags for many areas.
Full changelog below.CHANGELOG
Please don't post bug/problem reports in this thread, please use the bug report forum: forum5.htmlCREDITS
- Mod updated for patch 2.1.4
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- City Watches are now revokable by revoking the honourary title
- Khal Jhaqo and his Khalasar are now destroyed when Dany obtains her Khalasar
- The animals potential skinchangers encounter now depend on their location
- When breeding two slaves they now 'marry' rather than one-off % chance of impregnation
- Added the Sorrowful Men for the eastern cultures, using a modified version of the Faceless Men mechanics
- Dornish characters can now take their lovers as concubines
- Meged the F.A.S.H modmod with the main mod (replaced the reforgable options)
- Astapori can now mobilise their Unsullied into armies via decision
- Demands from regents, e.g. family land requests, vassal transfer requests, can no longer be refused
- Modified the "Coin flip" event, to include houses Bittersteel, Blackfyre & Aegons "of Essos" (497).
- If the High Septon deposes his liege he will now select a successor he likes (utilised in a fixed Faith Militant bookmark)
- If the High Septon ends up at war with his liege with only one barony they will now seek refuge with a fellow rebel
- Special mercs Giants with Mammoths hireable by descision to Wildling/Thenn Duke tier and above
- Made the Lifeatcourt events available to the Free Cities culture group
- Added a unique siege event when attacking Naath (magic butterflies)
- Followers of beyond_wall_old_gods can execute imprisoned by sacrificing them in front of the Weirwood
- Added Mantarys deformities event
- The Jogos Nhai now use Dothraki nomadism
- Fixed problem where the game engine was culling Aegon's dragons in earlier scenarios
- Aztec dragons now work properly
- Fixed problem where some dragons were rendered not possible to face down after taming
- Dany's dragons no longer fly to Dragonstone when she is landless at the start of ACoK
- Dragons restriced from the "I want to take the Black" events
- Dragons can no longer hook up with random guests at weddings
- Shadowlands dragons can now spawn in any Shadowlands province not just the two "mountains" provinces
- Purchasing dragon egg event is more likely to fire if you are in Asshai
- Dragon eggs can be added in the ruler designer
- Fixed the face dragon decision
- Viserion and Rhaegal should be possible to face as normal when Dany dies
- The Dragonmont now increases dragon life expectantcy as advertised
- When a Dragon's rider dies they should no longer be simultaneously culled by the game engine
Character/Database setup (WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD):
- Rolled the Bleeding Years back to 7996 and Aegon's Conquest back to 7998
- Renamed Summerhall duchy to Summerfield, removed Durranvale and Blackheart names
- High Tide is now the seat of House Velaryon on Driftmark, made Hull and High Tide slightly larger to compensate
- Swapped Greenshield and Oakenshield provinces
- Rhaella now starts pregnant in Robert's Rebellion
- Gave Nettles some DNA and made her a lover of Daemon
- Mya and Gendry are no longer openly children of Robert, rather they have him as a secret real father
- Leng now ruled by God Empresses
- Updates to House Peasebury, Wylde and Errol. Members expanded and title history updated.
- Pushed back birth dates of characters in House Redwyne, Oakheart, Merryweather, Florent and Rowan so more dynasty members are available at the earliest start. Added extra members to some of these Houses.
- Gave the Conquest Florents a Gardener mother to further strengthen their (already) rightful claim to the Reach.
- Changed title history of c_roseroad so the Varners hold it in the earliest scenario.
- Added House Inchfield to b_bonningale as a Merryweather vassal.
- More reach ancestor updates for starting bookmarks. Including Roxton, Grimm, Bushy and Leygood.
- Made c_brentbrook de jure d_castamere until the Reynes becoming extinct. (Done to lessen the opinion malus of the Paynes to the Reynes and makes the Reynes more powerful as per the Second house status.)
- Changed name of Velena Velaryon to the now canon Valaena.
- Added Pia
- Lewys Piper should no longer be hanging out with Dany in Meereen
- Corrected aSoIaF time Liddle family tree. The Liddle, Big, Middle and Little are now in.
- Fixed erronous death types of four Wylde family members. Three males dying of childbirth and one female at over 65.
- Updated nickname and loc in regards to the above Liddles. Members of the Norrey, Knott and Liddle clan will get "the Liddle/Norrey/Knott" when head of the Clan.
- Gave Tristifer Mudd the Hammer of Justice, his Superhero persona name.
- Joanna Lannister is now killed through complications during childbirth.
- Fixed some random Lordling male in crownlands ancestors who also died in childbirth.
- Added the Seven Garse's to the line of Reach Kings. (Title history updated to match)
- Gave Velena Velaryon, her Targaryen mother. (Put in as a older sister of Aerion, making Velena his niece).
- Gave Argilac the Arrogant a big black beard
- Added children and wives to Ashford, Redwyne and Fossoway at a Conquest start. Expanded House Tarly somewhat. Expanded House Tyrell, giving Harlen siblings and a late father.
- Changed Yronwood starting family by turning their eldest daughter into a boy, who's now younger
- Changed Daemon Targaryens name to the now canon Daemion (Aegon I's grandfather).
- Gave House Tarth the Valyrian steel sword Nightfall in early to mid scenarios until the Harlaws pay the Iron price for it around 196AL.
- Mass Converted House Wells of the North and House Whitehill
- Added Theodan the true to his true northern Wells family.
- Gave House Condon the county of Sea Dragon point and their old castle to the Cerwyns.
- Added complete history of House Ironsmith to game and placed them in c_witheredheath.
- Placed House Whitehill in c_whiteknife under the Seven worshipping Manderlys.
- Independent characters now risk discovery and tyranny when illegally selling prisoners into slavery
- A character is now much less likely to convert to their guardian's culture/religion if they are a ruler or their liege is the same culture /religion
- Made priest conversion of provinces and characters less likely. Province conversion is also much less likely if the owner is the same religion
- A slaver is now much more likely to obtain random slave characters from their camps if they own less than 2 slave characters
- Characters now take into account current warscore when choosing sides in a mega war
- Changed Dynasty prestige in defines from 1 to 5 for Barons (Ser), 5 to 10 for counts (Lord), 15 to 20 for Dukes (High Lord) and 20 to 25 for Kings (Lord Paramount)
due to higher family prestige, marriages between barons/counts, counts/Dukes and Dukes/Kings are more varied going by multiple test games.
- Added the loyalist Stormland vassals in Robert's Rebellion
- Removed Roberts raised host form #RR, based on feedback and (limited) testing.
- Removed Robert's claims on Dragonstone and The Stormlands in the Crowned Stag
- Small pirate realms can no longer be targeted by slave raids
- Only rulers of the same culture group should now be called to a republic's aid. Pirates can also now only help fellow pirates.
Graphics and portraits:
- Added some icons for some religions (these are intended as placeholders until someone can make something less amateurish)
- Added volcanic terrain to the two small islands of Marahai
- Added several of Myrik_Justiciar's flags.
- All spare holding slots in the Dothraki Sea should now be usable
- Blind characters no longer show up as candidates for the Kingsguard
- Removed the EU4 converter files to improve loading speed
- Bastards aborted by an unmarried mother via moontea are now expunged from history (i.e. they dont show up as children anymore)
- Added war elephants to the Ninepenny Kings and Young Griff Golden Company troops
- The Black Wall in Old Volantis now uses appointment succession
- Wildling/Thenn can no longer hire the Golden Company
- Rhllor healing can now cure syphillis but can no longer cure homosexuality
- All Eastern temple holdings should now be called Temples by default
- Lightbringer's description no longer refers to Stannis
- Added Traits (that do nothing) to minor titles: Bodyguard, Hand of King, Kings Justice, Minor Council Member
- Dothraki baron or non-feudal characters no longer require a Khalasar camp to hold their lands
- Added mercs for the eastern cultures
- Fixed Dornish polygamy problem
- Dowries now work again
- Fixed problem where colonisation/siegeing of ruins was impossible (Paradox has broken on_siege_pulse it seems)
- Fixed characters of "noculutre" and "noreligion" spawning in Wilding merc and Sellsail fleet courts
- Fixed problem where campaign bastards of a landless character would appear in a court of this character
- Fixed an instance of mega war calls to arms looping
- Fixed problem where a liege coercing a vassal to levae a faction would cause them to leave the liege loyalist faction
- If Vaes Dothrak ends up being controlled by a non-dothraki character it will no lnoger be auto given back to the Dosh Khaleen
- Fixed Byloth and Court Poet localisation
- Fixed problem where independence wars would always end inconclusively if the attacker died
- Fixed the gain honourary title ambition, now takes into account all possible titles
- Fixed problem problem where a wedding could be held even if one of the couple are incapable/missing
- Fixed problem where if a character joins an order that forbids inheritance whilst preparing an adventure they would launch it anyway
- Fixed Hand of the King title
- Fixed the Siege of Raventree Hall in AFFC
- Fixed problem where you could plot to kill ruins/dragons
- Fixed the build castle in Nightswtach decision being usable even if the NW doesn't own the Wall
- Removed duplicate Vargo Hoat character
- Fixed Yunkai being unplayable at certain dates
- Added some missing title localisations
- Fixed a couple of event ID problems
- Fixed problem with some of the Hazdahn provinces remaining Ghiscari into the later bookmarks
- Code: Select all
Cabezaestufa: Founder/Map creator, General Coding Support, Events, DNA, Balancing, Bugfixing, North Content, Misc. Graphics, Team Management.
Knuckey: Project Leader, Scripting, History Work, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, "Megawars"
Scripting & Coding:
Galle: Events, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, DND, Localisation, Fighting Traits and the Duel Engine, New Plots, AI Work, Nightswatch/wildlings content
Sunspear: Coding, Events, Riverland Content, Bugfixing, Positioning Tool, Balancing, misc. Graphics, Personal Interaction, Faceless Men, Dragons.
Ogaburan (Ran Miller): Events, Westerland & Frey, Minor Families Filler, DNA, New Education System, Kingsguard, Knights, Bugfixing, Balancing, Misc. Graphics.
Fashbinder: Event scripting/balance, Trial by court, Nightswatch/wildlings content,
Toccs: Essos work, General Coding Support, DNA, Many History Updates/Improvements, Far East map creator.
Rodri: Event, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Dynasty tracing, Trial by Combat, Hereditary Valyrian Swords, New Ambitions.
Zarine: General Coding Support, New Battle System, Translations, Bugfixing.
Stiener (DanJonMin): CoA placeholders, Events, Iron Islands content, Localization, Misc. Graphics.
Wolfgang Pauli: Maintenance Events, Rescue CB, Testing, CoA Graphics.
Etel: Grell-conversion Work.
Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding.
HuskyWolf: Scripted a bit and added some traits.
Harrenhal restoration, R'hllor Magic, Reforged Swords, VSS Quest.
Waylit: Special siege events mod.
Comradebot: Farwynd skinchanger events, Ironborn event ideas
Tompalmer : Event scripting.
StoneTheCrow/Tycho: Valyrian Swords, history improvements, bug fixes.
Jenks: Event scripting
Edric_Storm: Dynasty CoA Artist, Dynamic CoA Generator Graphics (higher res, new designs), New CoA Templates (fabric banner and hide versions).
the_hdk: Crownlands initial Content, Dynasty CoA Artist, Title Flags, New CoA Template (leather version), New Skinchanger trait icons and misc icons.
Rabid Bogling: Dynasty CoA and Title flags Artist. New Portrait Graphics.
StGeorge: Icons & Loading Screens.
talias: Trait icons, Titular Kingdoms
Peuri: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
dauncosony: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
Velho e Bom Joe: City models and textures.
HMAS-Nameless: CoA, misc. graphics.
Molleby: CoA placeholders.
Narf: Iconography & Testing.
Smoesville: Event pictures/flags
Amok: Much of his artwork used for event pictures: http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery
Starkweather: Valyrian children portraits, Titular Kingdoms
Jorian Drake: Dynasty CoA and title flags artist.
DarkReborn: Ghiscari portraits
hibludij: High Valyrian clothes
Mavrosh: Map textures (lava, black rock and red earth): http://mavrosh-stock.deviantart.com
Micxzu: Some Essos flags
Chrisjm89: Historical character histories.
Hobbes MkII: Historical character histories
Tompalmer: Historical corrections and community management.
Initial Content: ThePiglet, Hroppa, AlecTrevelyan006, Helios Ra, Jazthesentinel, Maginor
Clash of Kings Scenario:
Tompalmer: Scenario Design Lead
Mug bubule: Scenario Design
Nacodaco: Scenario Design, Scenario Histories
Knuckey: Scenario Scripting
Hobbes MkII: Scenario Histories
C_moore: Scenario Histories
HuskyWolf: Scenario Histories and poor grammar
Original Music :
Aurélien Benharrats ( http://www.aurelien-b.fr/)
Translations & Localization:
Werther (French Lead)
French: tompalmer, Stannis, Lord Riusma
Dany Quest: Loafcake, jimthepocket, MBjarno, blackninja9939, JON SNOWSTARK, EDAP, KnightKing
Spanish: Osuna, Darkhorse27, Bysne, DiTo/DiToMz
Special thanks for french proofreading: Merela, Graymarch, Sand, Hawkin, Pandémie, Suwan
'Dom (JonSnoooow)' Saint_Esteban 'Ser Ham'
Smoesville Karuga ItsAtrap
Dingo lychnidos Kingsgrave
DadeRoyal 'Benjen Coldwater' daddytorgo
philosophert nudu Greatjon
Zirael Narf GoogleSearch
xoatl 'Daemon Blackfyre' EDAP
Special Thanks To:
Grell74 for [url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?491188-Westeros-Mod-War-of-the-Usurper]his original Crusader Kings mod[/url], from which we took many things (spoiler warning)
Paradox Interactive for their great game
George R. R. Martin for his awesome books
Westeros.org for all it's information and resources, including many CoA graphics
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?592170-Mod-Campaign-Map-Culturally-different-cities.]Culturally Different Cities[/url] for our city graphics.
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?605746-MOD-Friends-amp-Foes-100-Traits-Mod]Friends & Foes[/url] for trait ideas & iconography templates
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?591226-The-Prince-and-the-Thane-%28MOD-WIP%29]The Prince and the Thane[/url] for some of our ambitions
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?625248-Here-is-how-to-add-an-Embark-shortcut-key-%28and-others%29&p=14206952&viewfull=1#post14206952]Alphanos's shortcuts mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?609850-Minimod-Ransom-All-Decision]Ransom all minimod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624768-MOD-mini-Dungeons-and-Sieges-An-Imprisonment-Game!]Dungeons and Sieges mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?594644-MOD-Lupus-Agnum-improved-usefulness-of-the-martial-skill]Lupus Agnum mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624367-MOD-Elder-Kings-a-CK2-Elder-Scrolls-mod]Elder Kings mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?644573-MOD-NB-New-Borders]NB+/New Borders mod[/url]
[url=http://www.lagardedenuit.com/]La Garde de Nuite[/url] for help with the French translation.