Brandon stark (season 4 ep5 spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Brandon stark (season 4 ep5 spoilers)

PostPosted by Grey stark » Mon May 05, 2014 18:30

During the new episode when Sansa go's to the Eyrie with little finger. She talks with her aunt lysa and when she talks about catelyn she says a bit about Brandon Ned's older brother. She says he was cruel at one point. I am wondering if there is any truth to this or was it just lysa being well a bit crazy. Or I suppose it could be because Brandon almost killed little finger. I've been looking online and havet found any information that suggests he was a cruel person. So if anyone knows if he was cruel or if it was just lysa comment blow thanks.
Grey stark

Re: Brandon stark (season 4 ep5 spoilers)

PostPosted by EDAP » Mon May 05, 2014 18:35

Grey stark wrote:During the new episode when Sansa go's to the Eyrie with little finger. She talks with her aunt lysa and when she talks about catelyn she says a bit about Brandon Ned's older brother. She says he was cruel at one point. I am wondering if there is any truth to this or was it just lysa being well a bit crazy. Or I suppose it could be because Brandon almost killed little finger. I've been looking online and havet found any information that suggests he was a cruel person. So if anyone knows if he was cruel or if it was just lysa comment blow thanks.

I have no quotes on hand, but most people described Brandon Stark as unhinged or a bit mad. Ned said he had the wolf-blood in him, and I seem to remember he was the "mad-wolf" in the Reed story. So him also being cruel is entirely possible I guess, though I always just read it as a bit crazy.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by Grey stark » Mon May 05, 2014 18:58

I think reed said he was the wild wolf. But either way your right it could be possible and if he was mad or cruel I'd say the reason there wouldn't be many quotes because ned who'd give the main information about Brandon probably never seen it. As Brandon seemed to be kind to ned as he did get ned a dance with Ashara Dayne. And ned did build a statue in his tomb for him. But I always presumed the term mad wolf or wild wolf witch ever it may be just meant that he was quick to action without thought. But I guess it could mean that he was cruel to others.
Grey stark

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Tue May 06, 2014 03:56

Lysa is bat shit insane. It's obviously her calling Brandon cruel for leaving the scar across Littlefingers chest.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Nero » Tue May 06, 2014 16:08

he probably wans't cruel just a maverick,its what got him killed :P
Nero

PostPosted by MBjarno » Tue May 06, 2014 16:57

Well, Lysa is insane, so I think it's just her over emphasizing Brandon's wild nature. We all know that Brandon was a true stark in the way he had the so-called wolf-blood and he liked ladies, jousting and such. Brandon duels little Petyr and scars him, which would make him oh so cruel to Lysa. This is the same woman who is less than flattering about Jon Arryn who by most is described as a great man. Lysa hates everyone except Sweet Robin and Petyr really.
MBjarno

PostPosted by Grey stark » Tue May 06, 2014 20:14

So then this whole Brandon cruel thing is just in lysa's insane mind. Good to know thanks guys :)
Grey stark

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Tue May 06, 2014 20:47

Id like the starks to get dyndishonourable.

Brandon: Went to kings landing with cuthroats and conspired to kill rhaegar
Ned: Tamper robert baratheons will.
Rob: Broke marriage vow
Arya: murder of hungry child
Bran: voyeurism
Hodor: Exposed himself to children
Fashbinder
Mod Team

PostPosted by xoatl » Tue May 06, 2014 20:53

Sansa: Eater of Lemon Cakes
Jon: Betrayed the Watch to get some Widling poontang.
xoatl

PostPosted by Grey stark » Tue May 06, 2014 22:03

All true apart from the ned one he sorta had no choice the mad king did try and have him executed
Grey stark

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Tue May 06, 2014 23:24

Grey stark wrote:All true apart from the ned one he sorta had no choice the mad king did try and have him executed

Ned changed "The boy jauffrey" to "legitimate heir" on robert baratheons death bed.

if you meant brandon?
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lyanna_Stark
"Her eldest brother Brandon Stark was on his way to Riverrun when the news of his sister's disappearance reached him, and instead he went straight to King's Landing. Entering the Red Keep with a few[strikethrough]companions[/strikethrough] co-conspirators(Ethan Glover, Jeffory Mallister, Kyle Royce, Elbert Arryn), he roared for Rhaegar "to come out and die." But Rhaegar wasn't there. King Aerys had Brandon and his companions arrested, accusing them of plotting murder and charged them with treason."
Fashbinder
Mod Team

PostPosted by Grey stark » Wed May 07, 2014 15:51

Sorry I read that wrong thought it said something about Roberts war.
Grey stark

PostPosted by Mujahideen » Thu May 08, 2014 17:43

Fashbinder wrote:
Grey stark wrote:All true apart from the ned one he sorta had no choice the mad king did try and have him executed

Ned changed "The boy jauffrey" to "legitimate heir" on robert baratheons death bed.

if you meant brandon?
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lyanna_Stark
"Her eldest brother Brandon Stark was on his way to Riverrun when the news of his sister's disappearance reached him, and instead he went straight to King's Landing. Entering the Red Keep with a few[strikethrough]companions[/strikethrough] co-conspirators(Ethan Glover, Jeffory Mallister, Kyle Royce, Elbert Arryn), he roared for Rhaegar "to come out and die." But Rhaegar wasn't there. King Aerys had Brandon and his companions arrested, accusing them of plotting murder and charged them with treason."

I guess Brandon was just truly a badass, a little too badassed.
Mujahideen

PostPosted by MBjarno » Fri May 09, 2014 08:01

Cutthroats is a hard word for a group of nobles riding to King's Landing to demand answer for the kidnapping of Brandon's sister, Brandon being a future Lord Paramount. However, we do know that Brandon was a wild one, even claiming the maidenhead of his friend's, Willam Dustin, wife, Barbrey Ryswell.

But in general honorable and dishonorable traits are hard to give out as it all comes down to perspective, fighting against a crazy man who killed your father and brother is honorable enough, fighting against your king is not.
MBjarno

PostPosted by EDAP » Fri May 09, 2014 17:04

MBjarno wrote:Cutthroats is a hard word for a group of nobles riding to King's Landing to demand answer for the kidnapping of Brandon's sister, Brandon being a future Lord Paramount. However, we do know that Brandon was a wild one, even claiming the maidenhead of his friend's, Willam Dustin, wife, Barbrey Ryswell.

Fash is largely just being facetious and commenting on how so many views are Stark centric.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by VxXxV » Fri May 09, 2014 18:07

TV series differences is small enough to brushed over.
VxXxV

PostPosted by Syn » Sat May 10, 2014 00:47

Brandon Stark to me seems just like Robert Baratheon. Personality-wise, of course. Physically, he was probably lean and wolfish instead of thick and brutish.

I always figured that's why someone like Ned Stark could be such good friends with Robert...his brother had the same personality.
Syn

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Sat May 10, 2014 13:16

MBjarno wrote:Cutthroats is a hard word for a group of nobles riding to King's Landing to demand answer for the kidnapping of Brandon's sister,

Brandon: Rhaegar! Come our or die!

MBjarno wrote: fighting against a crazy man who killed your father and brother is honorable enough, fighting against your king is not.

Neds dishonor was altering the kings (his friend not the mad king) will.

Rob Baratheon: The boy jauffrey
Ned: Legitimate heir

King: Release prisoner A
Ned: Execute prisoder A

The starks are made to be the likable underdog, but really they're as flawed as the lannisters and targaryens.
Fashbinder
Mod Team

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sat May 10, 2014 13:40

And crap like that is why peanut packages have the label; WARNING: MAY CONTAIN NUTS
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Sun May 11, 2014 03:12

Starks dishonour is not obvious to some.
Fashbinder
Mod Team

Next

Return to Story and Lore