Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

PostPosted by hero99 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 14:55

tirion1987 wrote:I have another question, sorry if it's something that already has a solution: if I colonize (parts of) Valyria as a High Valyrian, and have my capital there, won't that cause any courtiers that spawn normally ("has arrived in your court" lowborns), through event (fellow hunter, wonderful concubine candidates from Hunting and Seduction focus) or decision (employ a new courtier, like a holy man if my priests keep dieing because of the Culling) to have High Valyrian culture and thus fall victim to the High Valyrian Culling?

You can turn off culling in the game rules
hero99

PostPosted by Axelofthekey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:23

Normally yes. In 1.3, though, there's a game rule where you can turn the culling off.
Axelofthekey

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 16:18

I know I can turn off the culling. But that would spam the Targaryens and Velaryons with "I'm High Valyrian, but the populace I rule over in [capital province] is [capital culture]. Do I want to remain an awesome dragonrider, or do I want to convert to a dumbass peasant culture?" events, with the AI consistently taking the second option, including my heir the Prince of Dragonstone when I play as the Iron Throne. Thanks but no thanks.
Last edited by tirion1987 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
tirion1987

PostPosted by Na!l » Fri Dec 02, 2016 18:34

Hi

I have a question regarding gfx of cities in mod. Whenever I want to clonise Valyrian Peninsula before colonising it shows me standard city appeareance. But after I colonize it shows me only townhall/castle unlike other colonizable provinces.

But I was thinking that its due fact that its still a colony so it over time it will change once I pass colony status of province.

Anyone?
Thats what I mean:
Before colonizing
http://imgur.com/jRhPFHW
After
http://imgur.com/r4YbdQo
Na!l

PostPosted by AWildWightAppeared! » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:52

Yeah, the town and all the houses are based off of base tax of the county. So when you have a colony, it takes away all base tax, to simulate a colony.
AWildWightAppeared!

PostPosted by Epicmarkvan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 02:38

This working for the new patch yet, or nah?
Epicmarkvan

PostPosted by Tanitanino » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:19

It works with the newest build. There might be some bugs but I haven't encountered any yet.
Tanitanino

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 13:40

Epicmarkvan wrote:This working for the new patch yet, or nah?

Doesn't crash, but the prosperity of Valyria never increases.

Also, something is not right with slavery, when I sell a prisoner into slavery I get the money but he stays in my dungeon and doesn't get the enslaved trait. Also, fear increments are not shown for executions where they should be.
tirion1987

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 15:40

tirion1987 wrote:
Epicmarkvan wrote:This working for the new patch yet, or nah?

Doesn't crash, but the prosperity of Valyria never increases.

Also, something is not right with slavery, when I sell a prisoner into slavery I get the money but he stays in my dungeon and doesn't get the enslaved trait. Also, fear increments are not shown for executions where they should be.

Because surprise surprise, it hasn't been updated so has issues with the things that have been overwritten by the submod
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 16:31

blackninja9939 wrote:Because surprise surprise, it hasn't been updated so has issues with the things that have been overwritten by the submod

It is known. Still, I wasn't aware slavery was updated since 1.2
tirion1987

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 18:26

tirion1987 wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:Because surprise surprise, it hasn't been updated so has issues with the things that have been overwritten by the submod

It is known. Still, I wasn't aware slavery was updated since 1.2

Under the hood it was changed a bit to use scripted effects. The submod overrides the scripted effects file hence the issues with fear and slavery being dodgy as they use scripted effects.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Thu Dec 08, 2016 05:29

Just so it's clear, can we expect Colonise Valyria to be updated before or after Monks and Mystics?
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 08:55

Lord Audiate wrote:Just so it's clear, can we expect Colonise Valyria to be updated before or after Monks and Mystics?

Oh definitely before, I am working on an update now! Will hopefully have it done by the end of the week

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by SerLocotoy7 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 18:56

Great to hear that blackninja :D
SerLocotoy7

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Thu Dec 08, 2016 19:20

That really is great to hear! Is there a changelog somewhere of the changes from the previous version to the current one? The search doesn't show any if there already is one. :?
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 19:27

Lord Audiate wrote:That really is great to hear! Is there a changelog somewhere of the changes from the previous version to the current one? The search doesn't show any if there already is one. :?

Nope afraid not

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 20:17

blackninja9939 wrote:
Lord Audiate wrote:That really is great to hear! Is there a changelog somewhere of the changes from the previous version to the current one? The search doesn't show any if there already is one. :?

Nope afraid not

You mean there will be no changelog, or there will be no changes (ports to the shore instead of inland, Fourteen Flames building with Dragonmount effect, gold mines, findable dragon eggs etc) apart from making it work in 1.3.1? :o
tirion1987

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 20:59

tirion1987 wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:

Nope afraid not

You mean there will be no changelog, or there will be no changes (ports to the shore instead of inland, Fourteen Flames building with Dragonmount effect, gold mines, findable dragon eggs etc) apart from making it work in 1.3.1? :o

There is no change log, and maybe not all those features will get in next patch. I am slightly struggling for modding time as is lol

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 22:14

blackninja9939 wrote:There is no change log, and maybe not all those features will get in next patch. I am slightly struggling for modding time as is lol

Well, as long as it works with the current release, and especially if any new features are added, I'll have a positive opinion of you. (tirion1987 has gained the Content trait)
tirion1987

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Thu Dec 08, 2016 22:19

That's fair enough, I would be doing a lot of modding of my own if I had the time to dedicate it, which I probably do, but I'm not sure when that is. I'm afraid I suffer from enjoys-modding-until-they-get-sick-of-not-playing-the-game syndrome.

The Dragonmount/Fourteen Flames and gold mines buildings should be easy enough since they're already in the game, right? That would surely add a lot of flavor to it as is. The port nudges and having the Smoking Sea no longer destroying your armies and navies whenever you go off to war would be two amazing improvements, anything else seems like bonus flavor.

I don't imagine this being worth doing for this version, but how would you imagine Valyria's religious tolerance being portrayed in the world? Would Valyria have many temples of religions around the world, or do you imagine Valyria itself being mostly Valyrian/R'hllor/other immediately nearby religions while the Valyrian Freehold would have had the wide variety of gods and practices? Are Valyrians of the peninsula more cynical of their own gods than not, or do they see their gods or dragons or themselves above the gods of their Freehold's peoples?
Lord Audiate

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods