Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

PostPosted by UtariOnzo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 22:49

Just to add my two pence in, if I recall the Dragonlords saw themselves as above all faiths, including the old Valyrian ones. This is mostly due to the fact they had command of dragons and magic, and I would reason that they might well have seen themselves as Godlike if not the odd one that believes they're a genuine demigod. It'd be pretty difficult to mentally allow yourself to believe in a higher power when you fly on, and command the loyalty of, a giant beast of fire and death!

As for the faiths, they were tolerated as a means to an end. Keep the flock content by allowing them their frivolous Gods and Idols.
UtariOnzo

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Thu Dec 08, 2016 23:52

That's exactly what I mean, should there be a cynicism portrayed in the Valyrians/their religion in-game once the Valyrian "church"/priesthood is reformed? Would that make sense? I suppose the recolonization of their homelands could be a religious reawakening for Valyrians, perhaps.
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by UtariOnzo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 23:47

The problem is replicating that using the current engine for the game. There's not many faiths in the base game that have buffs for being a cynic, not only that but I believe the church debuffs are built into the cynical trait itself.

I think honestly it's more a case of having the faith operate as it was, an eastern inspired/orient style faith that each individual Dragonlord would respond to as they see fit. Cynicism is not something endemic to a faith, but rather its followers.
UtariOnzo

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 01:00

Ok updated Colonise Valyria to work with 1.3.1.
I decided against including the Fourteen Flames as they are the bits of Valyria that kinda got yah know blown up and the gold mines are all dried up IIRC.
The smoking sea event was stopped from happening before if you held the king or emperor tier valyrian title but have changed it to be stopped from happening once the priesthood is restored and it is stopped for everyone.
Also updated the positions to not be in the middle of the land itself lol

Challenge to Duel still works for 1.3.1
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Sat Dec 10, 2016 01:26

I agree, I meant that I'm curious of a way to appropriately portray High Valyrians' acceptance of different faiths as a part of their Freehold in the submod/mod. Should High Valyrian rulers receive less religious intolerance penalties towards their revolt risks, or is that up to the player to manage? The Valyrian faith hasn't seemed to travel that far out of the Freehold and last/remain practiced outside of the peninsula for much more than a century before Aegon and his sisters converted, so it seems like there wasn't a lot of conversion attempts, should that be portrayed in some way? Should Valyrian priests be unable to proselytize, or should they be wizards that do something domestic for the benefit of Valyrians?

This is why I said I don't expect (or want) this to be included in the new update of CV, since it's way too much work to consider for a mod that serves to be more functional than flavored. I do think it's an interesting thing to consider, though, especially with the Monks and Mystics DLC coming up soon, but perhaps this isn't the thread for discussing that.

Downloading now! This just came out at the same time as ACOK 3.0 for M&B: Warband, so it looks like I'll be delving into the World of Ice and Fire all night. Good work, Ninja!
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 03:09

Woohoo! Downloading and testing it now. Sleep is for the week anyway :P
tirion1987

PostPosted by Way2co0l » Sat Dec 10, 2016 03:18

blackninja9939 wrote:Ok updated Colonise Valyria to work with 1.3.1.
I decided against including the Fourteen Flames as they are the bits of Valyria that kinda got yah know blown up and the gold mines are all dried up IIRC.
The smoking sea event was stopped from happening before if you held the king or emperor tier valyrian title but have changed it to be stopped from happening once the priesthood is restored and it is stopped for everyone.
Also updated the positions to not be in the middle of the land itself lol

Challenge to Duel still works for 1.3.1

Just to play devil's advocate some. It's true the fourteen flames were destroyed, but my understanding is that the area continues to be highly active in general and would likely continue to be an area that dragons would flock to and thrive in. Perhaps not to the previous extent of the traditional fourteen flames, but I think something in line with dragonstone would make sense. Not only that, but I think having that effect would increase the "cool factor" of restoring old valyria even more. :) Either way. A huge thanks to you for all the work you've put into these mods. :D
Way2co0l

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 04:38

Not sure which submod is responsible, but all I use (Bloodlines, Colonize Valyria, Challenge to Duel, More Bookmarks, More Decisions) are yours so I write it here: as a pirate, I get less than 10% of levies out of my non-pirate vassals compared to what I get in the base mod. Is this intentional?

EDIT: nevermind, seems like it was temporary. I'm back to having thousands of levies instead of hundreds after a few months, no idea what happened.

I keep getting CTDs every month exactly on the 16th, but only if I command an army and one of my armies (not necessarily the one I command) is moving. Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9MmW ... GJhY1d2UEU
tirion1987

PostPosted by SerLocotoy7 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 18:49

Will this mod work on AGOT 1.3 version?
SerLocotoy7

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 18:57

SerLocotoy7 wrote:Will this mod work on AGOT 1.3 version?

Maybe...? Just try it out yourself
Or go and grab the file uploaded in the bug reports forum that should fix the 1.3.1 instability issues

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 14:38

Maybe the RNG is just a dick, but none of my colonies (4 in demesne, 2 in vassal hands) got upgraded to Advanced Colonies, let alone were finished, in the past 50 years. Is there a console command to trigger it?
tirion1987

PostPosted by Way2co0l » Mon Dec 12, 2016 14:48

tirion1987 wrote:Maybe the RNG is just a dick, but none of my colonies (4 in demesne, 2 in vassal hands) got upgraded to Advanced Colonies, let alone were finished, in the past 50 years. Is there a console command to trigger it?

Yeah, RNG isn't being kind to you. One of my colonies converted just today so I can confirm it works. The console command to force it is "event unoccupied.4 (prov ID)" Remove the " and () and insert the province ID needed. You'll need to trigger the event twice if starting with a new colony or only once if it's already gone through the first stage.
Way2co0l

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 15:08

Thanks, that worked :)
tirion1987

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 17:21

Some interesting bug/feaure: Becoming a Republic with the Restore Valyria decision doesn't give me the normal Republican slave raid range (overseas within diplomacy range) instead of the feudal (vanilla holy war distance) one. Restarting the game didn't fix it.

Hmm. Was the overseas slave raiding always linked to Slave Trader trait instead of Patrician status?
Last edited by tirion1987 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
tirion1987

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 17:39

tirion1987 wrote:Some interesting bug/feaure: Becoming a Republic with the Restore Valyria decision doesn't give me the normal Republican slave raid range (overseas within diplomacy range) instead of the feudal (vanilla holy war distance) one. Restarting the game didn't fix it.

The submod does not mess with CBs so not sure to be honest

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 17:46

blackninja9939 wrote:
tirion1987 wrote:Some interesting bug/feaure: Becoming a Republic with the Restore Valyria decision doesn't give me the normal Republican slave raid range (overseas within diplomacy range) instead of the feudal (vanilla holy war distance) one. Restarting the game didn't fix it.

The submod does not mess with CBs so not sure to be honest

I think I found the solution in the meantime... :)
tirion1987

PostPosted by UtariOnzo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 17:51

Can confirm this mod has no issues with 1.3.1 since applying the hotfix.

Well, ok, there is the small issue that the Empire title's COA is working weirdly with the Dynamic Coat of Arms mod (wrongly applying what seems to be a random high lordship COA every loadup) but that's neither here nor there and is part of the risk of running submods.

Stability wise though? No real issues for 1.3.1 outside of some maybe rare problems.

Edit, infact, I'm wondering if there's a way to manually fix this since it seems to be a mostly trivial bug 9I assume). The game seems to have applied the Andalos CoA to Old Valyria after the point of my original save, but all other CoAs are working as intended. Where should I be looking to sort this out in my save game? In the save game file itself?
UtariOnzo

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36

Question: does becoming High Valyrian by decision upon colonizing Valyria also give the coin flip events to my dynasty?
tirion1987

PostPosted by UtariOnzo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 13:04

Yes. An event should fire not long after converting where you get to pick being high valyrian or a true born dragonlord with coin flip. Worked for me as an essosi custom character on my first playthrough making the empire
UtariOnzo

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 20:46

Bug might be base mod, but I experienced it twice in Valyria and never outside of it: the new event when a prosperous Kingdom's capital can have it's city base value building upgraded fires even when that base value building is already on the maximum level.
tirion1987

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods