Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 21:02

tirion1987 wrote:Bug might be base mod, but I experienced it twice in Valyria and never outside of it: the new event when a prosperous Kingdom's capital can have it's city base value building upgraded fires even when that base value building is already on the maximum level.

I see the issue and have fixed it. Redownload the submod
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by meiilee » Sat Dec 17, 2016 01:42

Is there anyway to get valyria less volcanic looking?
meiilee

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Sat Dec 17, 2016 04:55

There's this, though I've had issues with this mod for a long time, both for the current version and the older ones. Loading the terrain map in-game and running it for a while often causes crashes, for me at least, but if you just want to admire your kingdom/empire/freehold in beautiful green glory, this is your mod.

topic12428.html

Ninja, would there be any conflicts in the base mod or sub-mod if I changed the size of the castles/cities in Valyria? I agree with Valyria-proper being maximum size, and maybe the areas immediately around it, or on the "Valyrian Isles," but the Lands of Always Summer and the provinces around it feel like they should have less... scale.

Also, I have a recommendation for the next version of this when you next update it, whenever that would be. Along with scaling the settlements to biggest in Valyria, big in the surrounding provinces, and less big in the sprawl of it, it would be great to see provinces filled with more settlements once colonized, perhaps with tier 2-4 level castles/cities, so that they're more similar to other city provinces, like King's Landing, Oldtown, the Free the Ghiscari cities, etc. That way Old Valyria can have way more vassals and lords/patricians, however that's supposed to happen, and stay in line with the other cities of the mod. That said, if there's more holdings off the bat, the holdings as a whole need to be reduced a bit, since at the moment someone can just blitzkrieg-colonize and pretty easily get a ridiculous army in only a few years.
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by Criptiic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 01:59

I've been getting crashes on startup whenever I use the colonize valyria mod, any idea why or what type of mod would not be compatible? Note I am using a lot of submods.
Criptiic

PostPosted by trc1986 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 13:52

Just a note on colonize valyria, the religious decision has a typo in the title "resotre_valyrian_religion.txt"

also, is there a reason why you make the qualification to form valyria require primary title of king of valyria, is there a reason why it isnt has_landed_title = k_valyria so that way if we colonize it after taking the IT or something we can still create the title?

Thanks
trc1986

PostPosted by Crash » Wed Feb 08, 2017 18:24

I'm having an unavoidable CTD while playing with this submod (and many others).

After that in error.log I find this:
[technology.cpp:759]: Missing Tech seed values:
[technology.cpp:762]: d_central_valyria
[technology.cpp:762]: d_valyrian_isles
[technology.cpp:762]: d_valyrian_mainland
Crash

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 18:32

Crash wrote:I'm having an unavoidable CTD while playing with this submod (and many others).

After that in error.log I find this:
[technology.cpp:759]: Missing Tech seed values:
[technology.cpp:762]: d_central_valyria
[technology.cpp:762]: d_valyrian_isles
[technology.cpp:762]: d_valyrian_mainland

The crashing is likely due to using outdated or incompatible submods. Those errors do not actually causes issues, I will fix them for the next version anyway but they make no difference.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Ghostbane12 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 22:08

Hello! I've just made an account to report a strange crash I can't quite understand. Multiple times I've tested playing with this mod and everytime I create a colony in Valyria, I am unable to save, it simply crashes to desktop when I try, but when there isn't a colony it saves perfectly fine. It consistently does this regardless if I use any other submods or not and when I check the error log it always says this:

[provincehistory.cpp:692]: 8178.1.1: Failed to set capital. New b_ten_towers (501122), old b_grey_garden (300122)
[provincehistory.cpp:692]: 8196.6.1: Failed to set capital. New b_bramsfort (3021025), old b_venatfort (77024)
[persistent.cpp:37]: Error: "Unexpected token: , near line: 1
" in file: "" near line: 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ghostbane12

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:25

Ghostbane12 wrote:Hello! I've just made an account to report a strange crash I can't quite understand. Multiple times I've tested playing with this mod and everytime I create a colony in Valyria, I am unable to save, it simply crashes to desktop when I try, but when there isn't a colony it saves perfectly fine. It consistently does this regardless if I use any other submods or not and when I check the error log it always says this:

[provincehistory.cpp:692]: 8178.1.1: Failed to set capital. New b_ten_towers (501122), old b_grey_garden (300122)
[provincehistory.cpp:692]: 8196.6.1: Failed to set capital. New b_bramsfort (3021025), old b_venatfort (77024)
[persistent.cpp:37]: Error: "Unexpected token: , near line: 1
" in file: "" near line: 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reinstall vanilla and the mod would be my suggestion

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Ghostbane12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:48

Yeah, turns out it was vanilla and not your mod, sorry for the inconvenience, reinstalling did the trick.
Ghostbane12

PostPosted by AegonAretino » Sat Mar 18, 2017 07:06

i did a friendly duel and it was a dishonorable action? is that suppose to happen?
AegonAretino

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:13

AegonAretino wrote:i did a friendly duel and it was a dishonorable action? is that suppose to happen?

Only if you kill them

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by gabred » Tue Apr 04, 2017 21:09

has this been updated yet
gabred

PostPosted by Kodlaken » Thu Apr 06, 2017 06:59

gabred wrote:has this been updated yet
not yet
Kodlaken

PostPosted by hartnettsm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 02:23

@blackninja
apologies if this has been mentioned before (don't want to comb through all the pages of replies) but if/when this is updated to the newest version (i'm guessing when the completed version not the april fools version is out) will there be any further customization to the provinces in valyria (like besides it being castle of valyria, temple of valyria, city of valyria... etc) or are there any mods that further delve into that using your mod as a base?
hartnettsm

PostPosted by DutchGuy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 14:07

Indeed. Such customization would be nice. Also, this being updated to 1.4(.1 when it comes out) would be glorious :P'

I must note that the ''Restore Valyrian Priesthood'' is now inherently broken due to what appears to be a change of religion since 1.3. There are now two valyrian religions if you install the mod for 1.4, valyrian(The one required to reform the Priesthood, only present in the now colonizable Valyria, this religion does not have a description or special values) and valyrian_rel, the currently in use valyrian religion by the main mod itself, which is mostly fleshed out.

If the gap is bridged, and the old religion converted to the new one in the base mod, Colonize Valyria is, besides the things mentioned above, fully up to date, even if barring new content and the grammatical error in the Ducal title for the Valyrian mainland.
DutchGuy

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Tue May 09, 2017 02:13

DutchGuy wrote:Indeed. Such customization would be nice. Also, this being updated to 1.4(.1 when it comes out) would be glorious :P'

I must note that the ''Restore Valyrian Priesthood'' is now inherently broken due to what appears to be a change of religion since 1.3. There are now two valyrian religions if you install the mod for 1.4, valyrian(The one required to reform the Priesthood, only present in the now colonizable Valyria, this religion does not have a description or special values) and valyrian_rel, the currently in use valyrian religion by the main mod itself, which is mostly fleshed out.

If the gap is bridged, and the old religion converted to the new one in the base mod, Colonize Valyria is, besides the things mentioned above, fully up to date, even if barring new content and the grammatical error in the Ducal title for the Valyrian mainland.

Here's hoping it'll be updated soon. This mod is one of my personal favorites.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by danshamal » Wed May 10, 2017 17:35

Again, Blackninja, super fan of yours mods and the whole AGOT mods and submods staff.
Is there any hope to have this submod uptadet soon?
danshamal

PostPosted by redlunatic » Sat May 13, 2017 14:34

About the valyrian and valyrian_rel. Does that then means we can modify:

00_scripted_triggers.txt and valyria_religon.txt and just change change valyrian to valyria_rel.

Then poof, this mods work? Or that too simplistic?
redlunatic

PostPosted by redlunatic » Sat May 13, 2017 18:49

redlunatic wrote:About the valyrian and valyrian_rel. Does that then means we can modify:

00_scripted_triggers.txt and valyria_religon.txt and just change change valyrian to valyria_rel.

Then poof, this mods work? Or that too simplistic?

Actually, it was this simple. Do a scan in the mod folder for religion = valyrian and swap it to valyrian_rel and it works. Just tested it now.
redlunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods