Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

PostPosted by kroolx » Mon May 15, 2017 01:04

So blackninja i was playing arround with the new senario and thought that if the bloodie emperor wanted to rebuild old valyria he should at least be given the chance to do so, so i without really menting it just updated your mod, plus added some old valyria buildings like i read somewhere arround the forum (not sure where), let me know if you want the files so that you can check them, saving the trouble of having to changing the files yourself, probably. Did more some stuff like balancing the freehold, in my opinion, all beeing 7 slots seemed kind of over kill XD
kroolx

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon May 15, 2017 13:26

Updated both, fixed some duels not properly giving their output events in Challenge to Duel and made Colonise Valyria work properly again with the new version.
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Mon May 15, 2017 13:28

kroolx wrote:So blackninja i was playing arround with the new senario and thought that if the bloodie emperor wanted to rebuild old valyria he should at least be given the chance to do so, so i without really menting it just updated your mod, plus added some old valyria buildings like i read somewhere arround the forum (not sure where), let me know if you want the files so that you can check them, saving the trouble of having to changing the files yourself, probably. Did more some stuff like balancing the freehold, in my opinion, all beeing 7 slots seemed kind of over kill XD

Not blackninja but... Mind if I see these files? The old Valyria buildings in particular sound pretty interesting.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by generic_username87 » Fri May 19, 2017 19:58

Hey just wanted to let you know I can't appoint a physician with this mod enabled (even with Pycell in my court).
generic_username87

PostPosted by Aszrayel » Sat May 20, 2017 03:16

Hey blackninja,

I was looking through the code in the scripted triggers file for the allow_temple_buildings_trigger part and noticed something missing from previous versions:

Spoiler: show
AND = { # COLONISE VALYRIA - Valyrian Priesthood Founded
religion = valyrian
has_global_flag = valyrian_priesthood_founded
}

Is this part no longer needed? I know in previous versions I added that to the scripted trigger file in the More Decisions submod to allow temple buildings for Valyrians once the priesthood was restored in my playthroughs.
Aszrayel

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:51

Seems like I forgot to merge that part, will update with the fix now.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Aszrayel » Sat May 20, 2017 19:19

All right, thank you for the update.
Aszrayel

PostPosted by pvt900 » Mon May 29, 2017 07:51

Should in the future Valyria the Central Province get a unique building? afterall it was presumably the Capitol of the FreeHold and represent the combined, might,wealth and size of the Dragonlords. In my mind it would be a sprawling Palace-Fortress developed akin to Harrenhal, created by the Dragonlords as a testament to their power and wealth and made whole through Valyrian Magic and Dragonfire.
pvt900

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Tue May 30, 2017 01:03

pvt900 wrote:Should in the future Valyria the Central Province get a unique building?

It could at least be a rebuildable thing, either similar to Harrenhal's events (living in among ruins until you decide to repair), or more easily, like building the Dragonstone building in the Century of Blood submod.

I think it would be a great addition for Valyria to have a Dragonmount mechanic in its southern provinces, assuming that's where the Fourteen Flames would have been. Since those volcanoes are likely split, made super wide due to a massive explosion, merged together into larger ones, or sunken underneath the Smoking Sea (which is super likely), there's no logical reason to force fourteen of them. Given that the volcanoes probably lack their original structure and have blobbed together in to a general radius of fire, it would probably make most sense if Valyria, the province, got the largest one, Tyria and Aquos Dhaen got the second biggest, and Gelios, Mhysa Faer, and maybe Oros or Rhyos get the smallest, akin to the size of the Dragonmount, but it would be just as cool if they all got the same size, if that can be balanced properly.

If you don't want to add this, blackninja, would it be alright if I did something like this in a sub-submod?
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by pvt900 » Tue May 30, 2017 19:11

Lord Audiate wrote:
pvt900 wrote:Should in the future Valyria the Central Province get a unique building?

It could at least be a rebuildable thing, either similar to Harrenhal's events (living in among ruins until you decide to repair), or more easily, like building the Dragonstone building in the Century of Blood submod.

I think it would be a great addition for Valyria to have a Dragonmount mechanic in its southern provinces, assuming that's where the Fourteen Flames would have been. Since those volcanoes are likely split, made super wide due to a massive explosion, merged together into larger ones, or sunken underneath the Smoking Sea (which is super likely), there's no logical reason to force fourteen of them. Given that the volcanoes probably lack their original structure and have blobbed together in to a general radius of fire, it would probably make most sense if Valyria, the province, got the largest one, Tyria and Aquos Dhaen got the second biggest, and Gelios, Mhysa Faer, and maybe Oros or Rhyos get the smallest, akin to the size of the Dragonmount, but it would be just as cool if they all got the same size, if that can be balanced properly.

If you don't want to add this, blackninja, would it be alright if I did something like this in a sub-submod?

I'm not familiar with the CoB since I haven't played it but, I think it should start out as a Ruined Building placeholder similar to like the Colony buildings you get when you colonize a province, and then you get a decision to rebuild it if you possess the measurable wealth and a dragon (The Dragonlord's Palace/Fortress can't be built without a dragon can it? (Of Course it can but wheres the fun in that?))
pvt900

PostPosted by HazchadimHane » Mon Jun 12, 2017 00:56

This mod is outdated? Every time I try to colonize Valyria comes the prerequisite INVALID_OPTION.
HazchadimHane

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 09:15

HazchadimHane wrote:This mod is outdated? Every time I try to colonize Valyria comes the prerequisite INVALID_OPTION.

You have a bad install, reinstall it.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Lathrael » Thu Jun 22, 2017 16:23

Ok, here some bugs.

There is a CTD from evil events, the first enty is causing it. Last few lines of it not disabled but rest are, which causes CTD.

Second, at scripted triggers "ct_asoiaf_valyria_basevalue_" line is incorrect, it misses "1" it should be "ct_asoiaf_valyria_basevalue_1". That's why new towns never gets to be upgraded.

Also, somewhere at the place it checks for temples can be built or not, valyrian_rel is wrongly written as valyrian, so you cannot build temple buildings even organized the religion.

I made some other changes as well, region slot variation, trade route, unique buildings ect. Regions went WAY smaller, but castle troops are now more specialized and stronger, and they have access to gold mines. Remember, Valyria is REALLY mineral rich.

I may send you my version if round the edges a bit more, right now it may be a "bit" OP :P

Also, is there a way to change the texture of valyria? If we can colonize it (normally we shouldn't so it's an alternate scenario) the terrain should reflect that it's now habitable.

Edit: Found something. Let's see if it causes any problems :P

topic8238.html

Edit2: Yup, it works! Now Valyria has some green in it.

Also, someone asked dragonmont mechanics for it. Go to events - dragon events. Find the county = 221 or something.

Copy that. change the number with any county you wish. Now you have another dragonmont. I have done it with Valyria :P

Too many edits: There are two such entries, one for growth and one for lifespan. You can clone the both entries. And you can also tamper with modifier when you are at there. Lifespan is simply a random check with some modifiers. Bigger it is, harder for your dragon to die naturally.
Lathrael

PostPosted by Borderline5 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 19:08

@Lathrael
it looks sick mate just wondering if you could send me a copy of your valyria
Borderline5

PostPosted by Lathrael » Thu Jun 22, 2017 23:15

Borderline5 wrote:@Lathrael
it looks sick mate just wondering if you could send me a copy of your valyria

For two reasons, i cannot. First, i'm not the author so it'll be wrong to distribute edited version by any means. Second, i didn't made a seperate mod. Better, i have done half of the changes at main agot folder and rest at in the submod because i'm an idiot. So on that part it'll take a little more work :P
Lathrael

PostPosted by CuddleyMonkey » Wed Jun 28, 2017 00:22

Hey everyone, want to start off by saying that I love the GoT mod and this submod! With that said, I keep getting a CTD on a April 16, 8324 pf the AFFC bookmark. I have tried loading previous saves and it still occurs. I would also sometimes get other CTDs but upon reloading they didn't occur again. This is the only submod that I am running and I have ensured that I am running 1.4.1 for GoT and CK2 is at 2.7.1. Not sure what is going on. The error log says something about a sildifre event and removing non-potential buildings. I can link the save file or the error log if needed just can't on my first post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if it is not something you can help with I will post it in the bug reports on the main mod but wanted to post it here first to ensure that it isn't this submod that is causing the CTDs.
CuddleyMonkey

PostPosted by Lathrael » Thu Jun 29, 2017 08:35

CuddleyMonkey wrote:Hey everyone, want to start off by saying that I love the GoT mod and this submod! With that said, I keep getting a CTD on a April 16, 8324 pf the AFFC bookmark. I have tried loading previous saves and it still occurs. I would also sometimes get other CTDs but upon reloading they didn't occur again. This is the only submod that I am running and I have ensured that I am running 1.4.1 for GoT and CK2 is at 2.7.1. Not sure what is going on. The error log says something about a sildifre event and removing non-potential buildings. I can link the save file or the error log if needed just can't on my first post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if it is not something you can help with I will post it in the bug reports on the main mod but wanted to post it here first to ensure that it isn't this submod that is causing the CTDs.

I got a CTD as well, at another date. One thing is about wildfire too, which is unlikely have any connection with this mod.
Are you are sailing around Valyria?
Lathrael

PostPosted by CuddleyMonkey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 14:51

No, I am not sailing around Valyria.
CuddleyMonkey

PostPosted by Lathrael » Fri Jun 30, 2017 23:40

CuddleyMonkey wrote:No, I am not sailing around Valyria.

*The stuff i was about to write then i saw your other post that you also fixed the problem*

Eh, nvm :P
Lathrael

PostPosted by ElsassGamer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:22

Hi!
I just downloaded this submod, but Valyria is still destroyed. I mean, it stills look burned and I can't do anything on the places. Shall I activate an event? Or the problem is something else? (I'm a High Valyrian)
Thanks!
ElsassGamer

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods