Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 20:17

Just a thread for me to upload to sub-mods I have made, the Colonise Valyria sub-mod and the Challenge to Duel sub-mod. If you wish to use parts of these submods in any of your own mods ask me for permission and I'll decide (probably a no).

Colonsie Valyria:
This basically make Valyria into runis for you to colonsie and a Kingdom Of Valyria that you can create if you are of the valyrian culture group. Once you contorl the Kingdom of Valyria you can restore the Valyrian High Priesthood which has autocephely cause why not :)
You can also then take a decision to become high valyrians and restore the Valyrian lands to an empire tier title.

Download Link

Challenge to Duel:
This sub-mods allows you to use personal interaction to challenge someone to a duel to the death or a friendly duel.
Requirements for decision to duel to appear:
Spoiler: show
You are:
  • 14-70
  • Do not have a regent
  • Not inaccessbile
  • One of male, brave, nomad, bone mountain, dornish or free folk cultures or unrestricted game rule
  • One of: unrestricted game rule, proud, ruthless, lunatic, duelist, skilled fighter, formdibable fighter or combat rating 6
Target:
  • Not a dragon, ruin or white walker
  • Within diplomatic range or at your location
  • 14-70
  • One of: male, female if you are female, both of you are one of brave nomade gender equal cultures listed above or have unrestricrted game rule

Download Link
Last edited by blackninja9939 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 16:48, edited 3 times in total.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Re: Colonise Valyria and Challenge to Duel

PostPosted by 1isaac1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 22:07

blackninja9939 wrote:Just a thread for me to upload to sub-mods I have made, the Colonise Valyria sub-mod and the Challenge to Duel sub-mod used by the multiplayer group.

Colonsie Valyria:
This basically make Valyria into runis for you to colonsie and a Kingdom Of Valyria that you can create if you are of the valyrian culture group. Once you contorl the Kingdom of Valyria you can restore the Valyrian High Priesthood which has autocephely cause why not :)

Download Link

Challenge to Duel:
This sub-mods allows you to use personal interaction to challenge someone to a duel to the death or a friendly duel.
To challenge someone you need to be one of the following: Duelist, Ruthless, Brave, Proud or Lunatic.
The target must be between 14 and 55 and also not be of your dynasty so no kinslaying :)

Download Link

Probably won't be updating these to much except for integrating an e_old_valyria and adding it into the megawar system,

thank you a lot, finally colonisable valyria i love you so much no homo hahaha.
1isaac1

PostPosted by Amortles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 22:35

blackninja9939 wrote:Just a thread for me to upload to sub-mods I have made, the Colonise Valyria sub-mod and the Challenge to Duel sub-mod used by the multiplayer group.

Colonsie Valyria:

Download Link

Challenge to Duel:
To challenge someone you need to be one of the following: Duelist, Ruthless, Brave, Proud or Lunatic.
The target must be between 14 and 55 and also not be of your dynasty so no kinslaying :)

Download Link

Probably won't be updating these to much except for integrating an e_old_valyria and adding it into the megawar system,

I love you man (no homo :lol: ). But seriously, great job!
I am gonna work on inserting the valyrian retinues for my own mod this evening: I seriously hope that by tomorrow everybody can play as the Valyrian Freehold with valyrian troops and with Old Valyria as capital!
Amortles

PostPosted by Dizaster » Wed Jun 25, 2014 02:21

I love the colonization of Valyria but i think Old Valyria should have more holdings as it was the capital and is the smoking
sea still treacherous to sail across or is it fine once you conquer Valyria? Also i think that Kingdom of Valyria should have some CoA, right now it is just a black flag, Maybe CoA with a Volcano or a Dragon or something. All in All this is Fantastic. Thank you Blackninja.
Dizaster

PostPosted by Amortles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 02:32

just finished adding valyrian culture retinues to my own retinue submod just to roleplay this one properly :D Thanks Blackninja!
Amortles

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 07:09

Dizaster wrote:I love the colonization of Valyria but i think Old Valyria should have more holdings as it was the capital and is the smoking
sea still treacherous to sail across or is it fine once you conquer Valyria? Also i think that Kingdom of Valyria should have some CoA, right now it is just a black flag, Maybe CoA with a Volcano or a Dragon or something. All in All this is Fantastic. Thank you Blackninja.

I only added 3 holdings to each territory as they had been massively destroyed etc.
could have sworn I had disbelief the smoking sea event if you had the title.
Will get around to flags soon.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Dizaster » Wed Jun 25, 2014 19:35

Yeah, i went into the sea with my char as a leader and he came out blind :lol: i had to reload the save, but when i tried with putting in another commander for the army/navy it was fine, so just dont put your character as leader and you should be fine.
Dizaster

PostPosted by Pageman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 23:16

Well if you want to remove completely the smoking sea evilness just go to your Game of Thrones\events\ find and open the evil_events.txt and remove or # the smoking sea lines, you can also change the trigger to not Valyrian.
Pageman

PostPosted by Fegelein » Thu Jun 26, 2014 01:12

Perhaps a Dragonstone-esque bonus to dragon growth and lifespan in Valyria could be implemented.

Also, when I colonize the ruins I get 9k gold or somesuch upon taking each city. Is this intentional, for testing, or what?
Fegelein

PostPosted by Azsouth » Thu Jun 26, 2014 06:27

pure awsome

my only problem with this is that every ruined county has a temple, city, and castle no room for additional buildings, it would be nice if a few of the ruins where more valuable with other cities or castles, maybe even some county specific bonuses like a volcano that hat has dragon eggs or something...I don't know, just spit-balling ideas, when I take Valyria I want to make one of it's ruins my capital but with the lack of buildings I find myself looking towards one of the slavers bay cities or Old Ghis.
Azsouth

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 07:17

Azsouth wrote:pure awsome

my only problem with this is that every ruined county has a temple, city, and castle no room for additional buildings, it would be nice if a few of the ruins where more valuable with other cities or castles, maybe even some county specific bonuses like a volcano that hat has dragon eggs or something...I don't know, just spit-balling ideas, when I take Valyria I want to make one of it's ruins my capital but with the lack of buildings I find myself looking towards one of the slavers bay cities or Old Ghis.

There is already an event for you to get a dragons egg whilst conolonising. I will might add an empty slot or two to some provinces. However as I said this was not really on a be something I massively continued.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Dizaster » Thu Jun 26, 2014 07:38

There is so much potential in this mod :D

You could add, dragon eggs to the province that were left from the doom in the valyria, so when you colonize, after a while you have a chance of receiving a dragon egg, just like in Summerhall.
Edit: Oops i just read that you added this event, however i did not proc it yet :p

Also you could add wild dragons soaring over the mountains that try to destroy the cities, giving attrition and negative stats to a city, like being razed or burning land.

You could add so much events... :twisted:

You could add finding a Valyrian steel, or a magical item.

You could add finding Glass Candles, burning them could trigger an event like adding intrigue and learning.
(The glass candles of the Citadel give off an unpleasantly bright light and does strange things to colors (white was bright as fresh fallen snow, yellow shone like gold , reds turned to flame, and shadows were so black that they looked like holes in the world). It is unknown if all glass candles are alike, but the ones found at the Citadel are tall and twisted with sharp edges. It is claimed that when the glass candles burn the sorcerers could see across mountains, seas and deserts, give men visions and dreams and communicate with one another half a world apart.)

You could add Valyrian Roads in the provinces they may be broken but could be worked on and fixed by an event.

You could also add an event where you can travel the Fourteen Fires, get burned and scarred or find the old Valyrian blade of the Lannisters (Brightroar)

Could add Firewyrms( Would give a new beast in game other than dragons)

This could really be a Massive mod, there is so many options :)
Last edited by Dizaster on Thu Jun 26, 2014 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Dizaster

PostPosted by polakma » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:25

You could also add an event where you can travel the Fourteen Fires, get burned and scarred or find the old Valyrian blade of the Lannisters (Brightroar)

Any Lannister who goes on tour to find valyrian steel, finds the brigtroar, but it would be more legit when, lannisters would try to stole sword or take it somehow from you, if you have it :twisted:

Also the dragons, well they would be tamed by some pleasant. It would be required to decrease chances or make it impossible to tame them. Or just a modifier...
polakma

PostPosted by Gwayne » Fri Jun 27, 2014 04:21

I'm not sure why, but the duel mod isn't working for me. I've tried it with several characters, started a new game and even merged the submod files into the main AGOT files, de facto making it part of the game. However, the option isn't showing up in the personal interaction button. All of my characters had the duelist trait and I only challenged duelists. Do you have any idea what could be causing trouble?
Gwayne

PostPosted by LoneBegger » Fri Jun 27, 2014 20:24

i've been having the same problem, tried challenging arys oakheart, gregor clegane, and bronn (who was in my court) as a custom character with all the required traits in gravesham and none of them had the option to duel however i was able to duel the lord of martlet bay

figured it out, the person you are dueling seems to have to be in the same court as your character
Last edited by LoneBegger on Fri Jun 27, 2014 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
LoneBegger

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 20:34

LoneBegger wrote:i've been having the same problem, tried challenging arys oakheart, gregor clegane, and bronn (who was in my court) as a custom character with all the required traits in gravesham and none of them had the option to duel however i was able to duel the lord of martlet bay

Either they or their liege has denied the duel, the sub-mod is not without fault, it was intended to only be used against other people in multiplayer games hence the ai weights to do things aren't very rigorously coded in.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LoneBegger » Fri Jun 27, 2014 21:04

didn't know the liege had a say in it, good to know, might tinker with it to see if i can change that stuff on my own
LoneBegger

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 21:19

LoneBegger wrote:didn't know the liege had a say in it, good to know, might tinker with it to see if i can change that stuff on my own

Just comment out the lines in interaction_events that say
Code: Select all

if = {
               limit = {
                  NOT = {
                     top_liege = {
                        character = FROM
                     }
                  }
               }
               top_liege = {
                  character_event = { id = duel_challenge.6 }
               }
            }

That will remove the need for their liege to respond however they can still turn down the offer.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LoneBegger » Fri Jun 27, 2014 21:54

thanks though sadly didnt seem to do the trick, the action menu after initiating the personal diplomacy still only appears for people in the same court as my character

will post info if i figure out whats happening
LoneBegger

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 21:58

LoneBegger wrote:thanks though sadly didnt seem to do the trick, the action menu after initiating the personal diplomacy still only appears for people in the same court as my character

will post info if i figure out whats happening

That is working as deisgned...
You need to be in the same location to fight each other

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Next

Return to Sub-Mods