MEDIAFIRE: Congenital Overhaul 1.3 << FIXED LINK
FOR VERSION 1.3 of AGOT
THIS IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE

+Change Log+
Spoiler: show
~Version 1.3~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v1.3
-My method of eyepatches has been removed because new vanilla feature is better
-Eye based graphics (Heterochromia, blind(young), blind(old age) have been removed
-Beardy rules from vanilla AGOT removed (No random facial hair on characters)
-Most congenital traits now have the combat thingy. Because the events now look at that instead of the actual trait.
~Version 1.2a~
More Valyrian Swords added, minor bugs fixed. Couple other surprises.
~Version 1.2~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v1.2
~Version 1.1.2~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v1.1.2
~Version 1.0.0~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v1.0.0
+Outfits have been reverted to the vanilla AGOT outfits because paradox has done something and made it neigh impossible for me to get them to apply with any accuracy.
~Version 0.9.6~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v0.9.6
~Version 0.9.5~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v0.9.5
~Version 0.9.3~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v0.9.3
~Version 0.9.2~
+Mod Updated to AGOT v0.9.2
+New Inheritance of Congenital Traits. Now at birth!
+Complete overhaul of the White Walker graphics. (Because it annoyed me that all white walkers looked identical)
+Modified Coin Flip and the like to take into account new traits added.
~Version 0.9~
+Mod updated to AGOT v0.9
~Version 0.8~
+Mod updated to AGOT v0.8
+Minor bug fixes like the removal of a some nicknames that had no localisations.
~Version 0.7.2~
+Mod updated to AGOT v0.7.2
+Massive Changes
~Version 0.7~
+Mod updated to AGOT v0.7 From now on the version number will match the version it's compatible with
+Congenital traits have been wired into events for duels and raids as of now. So they actually add some bonuses other than the stat increases.
+Traits have been given their own interface file to help compatibility with other mods. Unfortunately because of the event modding requirement there isn't much I can do on that level.

+Features+
HAIRSTYLES:
Hairstyles have been increased up to the maximum of 26 per graphical culture. If you have the african DLC installed and active then the southern islanders and brindleman will use an increased set of hairstyles. If you don't have it then they will be muslim in appearance and using a different increased hairstyles.

The N'Ghai if you have the mongol Portrait DLC and the Ibbenese if you have the Russian Portrait DLC will still have their vanilla hairstyle limitations.

High Valyrians and any culture that uses the same graphical hair colors will still retain the 8 colored variations from the previous versions as opposed to the main mods single version.

CLOTHES
There are so many changes it's hard to say them all. Anyways there are now more Royal and Noble outfits. The most important change however is the one effecting the Nights watch and Landless Knights (ones that have no title).
There are now 7 brand new outfits for the Nights Watch (8 if you count the original) which they will wear depending on either traits or a situation. For instance the Lord Commander has his own special outfit.

Male characters that have the knight trait and hold no land will wear different various armors depending on their skills with a sword or their abilities to lead armies (martial education).

There are a few others things as well but I'll leave that as a surprise!

TRAITS:
All traits have been written into effecting events and everything.
[spoiler]Almost all congenital based traits are not scaled into 3 tiers (with a set of events that will ensure inheritance between different tiers). These include brand new trait sets as well as vanilla based ones.
STRONG > WEAK
GENIUS > QUICK > SLOW > IMBECILE
AGILE > LAZY
TALL > DWARF
FERTILE > INFERTILE
FAIR > UGLY

Voices also exist but have no event for their inheritance at the moment..
Melodious Voice
Powerful Voice
Calming Voice
Lisp
Stutter

There are also now a few more singular based traits for various things: wrymouth, deaf, mute, blind (from birth), webbed hands, heterochromia (graphic only for males because it looked terrible on females)

VALYRIAN SWORDS
Pre Existing Valyrian Sword changes still remain. The changes to the names and icons of the reforgable swords as well as the 17 brand new swords. Also the 17 brand new swords will not appear in your game unless you forcefully give a character one of them.

REFORGABLE ONES
ANGER (Mothers Grief)Image HONOR
BLACK_DEATH (Black Death) Image STRANGERS PROMISE
COMPASSION (Glory) Image COMPASSION
CONCESSION (Skinpeeler) Image CONCESSION
DEL PINO (Del Pino) Image PALE MARE
EL SWORDO (Goodsword) Image ROSETHORN
GOLD SWORD (Dornish Kiss) Image WINTERS BANE
HAPPYNESS (Fathers Fury) Image GLORY
HUBRIS (Talon) Image HUBRIS
JUSTICE (Jade) Image JUSTICE
KING MAKER (King Maker) Image KING MAKER
PASSION (Passion) Image PASSION
RAGE(Strangers Touch) Image RAGE
SIGHTBLINDER (Mourning Mace) Image NIGHTSHADE
THE MONARCHIST (Titans Bite) Image VENOM SPITTER
THE USURPER (Dragonbane) Image SEAL OF POWER
WORLDEATER (Finger Eater) Image FINGER EATER
WORLDS ENVY (Rakh Arakh) Image DUTY

NEW ONES
ASHBRINGER Image
AVARICE Image
AVENGER Image
CALIBUR Image
DUSK Image
DUSTCLOUD Image
EMANCIPATE Image
FORNICATER Image
HARBINGER Image
MISERS FOLLY Image
RED MENACE Image
STORMBLADE Image
UNBOUND Image
VAINGLORY Image
VENDETTA Image
WHIPLASH Image
WHITE MENACE Image

IF YOU WISH TO RENAME VALYRIAN SWORDS OR CHANGE THE DESCRIPTION
Open the following file: /mod/AGOT Congenital Overhaul/localisation/congenital_valyrian.csv
At the very top of the file you will see stuff like
anger;Honor;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
anger_desc;A simple Bastard Sword forged of Valyrian Steel.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

find the specific sword you want to change the name of and change it. So if you want anger to instead be Vigilance with your own description...
anger;Vigilance;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
anger_desc;Your own Description.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

You can also do a case sensitive search of the swords name "Honor" and force change it to "Vigilance" to make it effect all localisations for decisions and events were it's name appears. However the above method is the fastest and ensures nothing breaks.

USING PORTRAITS ONLY
The following is a brief instruction on how to borrow the portrait stuff only to use with other submods if you don't like the traits or anything.

Delete everything but the following things...

common/cultures/ <<<<THIS IS A FOLDER
gfx/characters/ <<<<THIS IS A FOLDER
interface/portraits/ <<<<THIS IS A FOLDER
interface/portrait_properties.txt <<<<THIS IS A FILE
interface/portrait_summer.gfx <<<<THIS IS A FILE

and as an added note, they must remain in the exact locations they are to work.

+Special Thanks+
Azsouth and PhoenixAvenger - Updating the files
talias - most of the trait icons are his, and he helped with the setup of the portrait_properties file.
Johann2303 - reworking the intelligence inheritance event.
kuczaja - A couple of the armor graphics came from his armor and weapons submod, look there for his thanks :p
PepperGirl - African and Dothraki hairs.
AureliusAmbrosius - I believe he is the creator of the scaling trait inheritance event that this submod uses.
Makers of the mods: ARKOpack_armories, BLG, BTWK, Culture and Portraits Revamp, Diadochi Kings, Elder Kings, Erebos, Lux Invictus, Middle Earth Project, Project Augustus, Saeculum Obscurum, Sengoku, Steppe Faces, SWMH, The Prince and the Thane, Witcher Kings.. I am fairly certain all of the armors and/or hairs came from vanilla or from one of these submods. But as I unpacked them all it would take way too long to sift through and find where everything came from. So thanks to them.

+ARCHIVES+
Last edited by LancelotLoire on Wed Feb 22, 2017 15:09, edited 19 times in total.
LancelotLoire

Re: Congenital Overhaul v0.7.2

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 08:42

This post is subject to changes depending on the version. Previous Compatibility patches/bug fixes will be removed with each version.

BUG FIXES

COMPATIBILITY PATCH

Only report bugs if they are guaranteed from the submod itself. If it is a bug from the main mods stuff then chances are I will be unable to fix it.
Last edited by LancelotLoire on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:31, edited 21 times in total.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by xoatl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 09:32

Oooyeah!
xoatl

PostPosted by Azsouth » Thu Aug 14, 2014 09:42

pure, awesome...thank you :)
Azsouth

PostPosted by xoatl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21

Found weird bug already in the intrigue tab.

6 decisions which are silly

from
from
from
xoatl

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:24

I've included 2 bug fixes on the second post. I left a single } bracket off of a modifier on accident :oops:
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by xoatl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:26

Ah, awesome. Plus, all the extra beards have fixed the main mods bug of Northmen stuck with Bobby B's beard if you use the Barber DLC
xoatl

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27

If that is the case, I know exactly what was causing the beard bug with the north haha.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by xoatl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:39

Just checked Shiera Seastar after I saw Tyrion had the Heterochromia trait, it seems her High Valyrian looks hates that trait. Hopefully an easy fix, I dunno.
xoatl

PostPosted by Rowena » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:46

OMG! It's done! :D I don't know how to express my gratitude so I'll just simply say: I love you, and thank you and your helpers so much! I haven't seen the mod yet, just started downloading it but I'm sure it's awesome. I'm gonna play later and comment on potential bugs. Should I also download the two bugfixes?
Rowena

PostPosted by PepperGirl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:47

Yay! It's finally here :) Thank you :)
PepperGirl

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:49

2 hours ago, I reuploaded with the fixed in place. So if you didn't download it immediately after I posted, it's safe to just download the main version alone.

The main way to fix the female eye issue would be to just create a new female only version of that particular file. The eye changes don't line up perfectly with the eyes. I haven't tested it with other cultures but it is possible they don't line up with them either.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Charcolt » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:10

Super exited to try this out. There are a few minor issues I've notes just from loading up, particularly:

-Tyrion is set only to be short, not a dwarf.

-Wise (lowest of the three genius tiers) uses the golden brain that should be for the top level

Other than that, can't wait to start a new game with all of these awesome additions
Charcolt

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:24

gfx/overwrite_traits/genius.tga
gfx/traits/genius_1.tga
gfx/traits/genius_2.tga

genius_1 needs to be renamed genius.tga and placed into "/overwrite_traits/"
genius needs to be renamed genius_2.tga and placed into "/traits/"
genius_2 needs to be renamed genius_1.tga

Nice find charcolt. This should be the only trait mixup. The golden brain one was made much later by talias after somebody suggested it haha. I incorrectly put it in the wrong place.

The only history touching I did was to remove eye_injury character flags and replace it with one of the new traits that places eye patches. Currently all characters will be using the tier 1 traits as opposed to a mix. Without this being in the main mod it would be way way way way way longer to add every single trait to every history file. Especially with big changes looming when the world of ice and fire hits.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by EDAP » Thu Aug 14, 2014 13:13

Hey, devs, can we put this one in? Its needed in Vanilla as much as any other mod, and could be useful so that Robert Baratheons strength and height can be better acknowledged, but shown to be less than say Gregor Cleganes.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. This is still largely up to date, and I will try and remember to update it when I find the time.
EDAP

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 13:27

Issue is that it is that the congenital traits is a vanilla mod not done by Lance called Better Congenitals so we would have to ask them and stick by his rules of use.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Daemon Blackfyre » Thu Aug 14, 2014 14:03

Nice work LancelotLoire, love new traits, clothes etc, very good submod
It would be harsh to play as beta tester without it :roll:

one request: In fact I' can ask earlier :oops: Tormund Giantsbane need more proper trait. Currently is huge, but capable(?) would be better for him IMO. He is short, but very strong
Daemon Blackfyre

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Aug 14, 2014 14:06

Well actually not at all accurate haha.

VIET is where I got the original idea for the voice traits, agile trait came from talias and then all the tiers actually came from a suggestion by aureliusambrosius asking if I wanted to use his scaling event.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Johann2303 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 14:30

This is awesome! I can't wait to get back so that I can try it out. Been postponing my new game for weeks, waiting for this. :D
Johann2303

PostPosted by 1isaac1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 16:07

thank you and good job!
1isaac1

Next

Return to Sub-Mods