Red Wedding Event Chain

For any general subject related to the mod

Red Wedding Event Chain

PostPosted by Madoradus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 00:27

I think that there should be an event chain for Robb in ACOK scenario (similar to Daenerys'). One of the major options would be the choice between one of the Frey girls or Jeyne Westerling, wherein choosing the latter would lead to the Red Wedding. I was thinking the Red Wedding could be similar to the Tower of Joy, or even a more dynamic one with multiple options (for example: flee the scene, stay and fight, attack Walder). This way the Red Wedding could have numerous outcomes, including plenty where Robb doesn't die.

Those on the Stark side would include Robb, Catelyn (given Poor Fighter for the sake of the event), Wendel Manderly, the Smalljon, Dacey Mormont, Donnel Locke, Owen Norrey, Robin Flint, Lucas Blackwood, Raynald Westerling, Edmure, Greatjon, Patrek Mallister, and Marq Piper.
Those on the Frey side would include Roose Bolton, Walder Frey (Poor Fighter, as with Cat), Merrett and Petyr, Danwell, Ryman, Black Walder, Hosteen, Whalen, Raymund, Benfrey, and Tytos Frey, plus Leslyn Haigh.
(Or just the more important of all those, if that's too many.)

I can't mod to save my life, but if anyone could, that would be excellent.
Madoradus

Re: Red Wedding Event Chain

PostPosted by EDAP » Tue Aug 19, 2014 00:35

Er, why would Robb be offered Jeyne Westerling? Why in this mod would Robb even enter The Westerlands, when most of the war should be spent running about the Riverlands and letting you foes die to attrition. Something this overblown and complex makes no sense for something that will never be an issue; the only ladies worth marrying in ACOK are Margaery, Mrycella, Arriane, and if you can pull it off Dany.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44

Here is my opinion on how a Red Wedding Event chain could be carried out in a relatively successful way.

Character is between ages 16-25
Character is Unmarried.
Character is Ruler.
Currently at war.

Stage One, 2 options.
Option 1: Do Nothing.
Option 2: Secure a marriage with a neutral lord. (con't stage 2)
+Randomly target a neutral lord (duke or higher) with an unwed daughter. Can use some other modifiers.
+Setup a betrothal between characters. IE: Use a modifier that makes both characters unable to marry.

Stage Two, 2 options.
Option 1: Carry out the marriage.
+Remove the modifier and marry the two characters together.
Option 2: Break the Betrothal. (con't stage 3)
+Break the alliance and return the lord to neutrality with a negative opinion modifier.

Stage Three, 2 options.
Option 1: Attempt to Secure a marriage using one of your vassal lords or kin. (con't stage 4)
+Vassal Lord or family member is at least 16
+Setup a betrothal between a random vassal who is honorable. Use same method as above.
Option 2: Blow off the neutral lord, gain a massive negative opinion modifier and join the neutral lord with your enemy.

Stage Four: 1 option final marriage.
Random list of final outcomes
One: Marriage is successful
+Modifiers: Honorable, Diligent, Kind, Patient, Craven, Gregarious, Humble, Honest or one of the Diplomatic Educations.
Two: Marriage is cancelled - Lords become rivals.
+Modifiers: Proud, Wroth, Envious, Brave, Gregarious, Strong, Honest..
Three: Red Wedding Successful - Houses gain a blood feud. Collection of several vassal lords, kin and character are killed. Lord and heirs gain a trait which grants an opinion malice from everyone that doesn't have the trait.
+Modifiers Neutral Lord: Deceitful, Proud, Wroth, Impaler, Envious, Lunatic, Possessed, Tyrant or one of the Intrigue educations. Also a trigger would be if this lord is 'friends' with your enemies ruler.
Four: Red Wedding Fails - Houses gain a blood feud. Neutral lord is imprisoned along with all the family members currently residing there. Can then proceed to execute/send to wall or release the rest of the family. The marriage is still continued and the daughter is not imprisoned. Lord and heirs gain a trait which grants an opinion malice from everyone that doesn't have the trait.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by blanchett » Tue Aug 19, 2014 16:11

I am not sure how they would implement this but I think it could be cool. I think the possible scenarios that could result would be interesting.

I wouldn't be in favour of it being as random as just a neutral lord. I think a red wedding chain though in the five kings scenarios is a must.

I think it should just involves the freys and the bride should either be Jeyne Westerling or Talisa Maegr. I know people aren't into the show to the same extent but House Stark being tied to the ruling house of Voltantis could have given them a potentially powerful ally during the War of the Five Kings that I thought it was weird the show just ignored. But I don't know maybe she was disinherited or fled Voltantis.
blanchett

PostPosted by EDAP » Tue Aug 19, 2014 17:38

Why are people trying to force this into ACOK? If it is in anyway implemented, it should be as generic and bland as Lance suggests. Why the hell should the player be constrained in his choice of only two marriage options, as when I said earlier there are only four eligible ladies worth marrying in ACOK. Why the hell would I marry either a Frey girl or Talisa (who IIRC was not in anyway tied to the ruling house of Volantis, she was only called of Volanits as most people from Westeros are isolated/racist fools) or Jeyne Westerling?
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. The specific details aren't up to date, and I probably won't update it for a while, but the general ideas are unchanged.
EDAP

PostPosted by Madoradus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 19:41

EDAP wrote:Why are people trying to force this into ACOK? If it is in anyway implemented, it should be as generic and bland as Lance suggests. Why the hell should the player be constrained in his choice of only two marriage options, as when I said earlier there are only four eligible ladies worth marrying in ACOK. Why the hell would I marry either a Frey girl or Talisa (who IIRC was not in anyway tied to the ruling house of Volantis, she was only called of Volanits as most people from Westeros are isolated/racist fools) or Jeyne Westerling?

Depending on when the event fires, Margaery would already be married to Renly.
The Triarch of Volantis' last name is Maegyr, actually, as is Talisa's.
Depending on when the event fires, you could choose between multiple eligable spouses, including Margaery (for the Reach alliance), one of the Frey girls (to not risk dying at the Red Wedding), or Jeyne Westerling (which, to balance things, would give you the Honorable trait and she would have some srs fertility going on.)

But really, I think things like this improve the fun of the game. I think there should be a generic Red Wedding event chain, but ACOK Robb should have his own, as well.
Madoradus

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Tue Aug 19, 2014 19:42

@blanchett:
Ugh less specific events. They are completely pointless unless you're playing a specific character effected by it. I want broad sweeping events that can affect multiple characters.

There are 3 house names from incumbent Triarchs of houses (Maegyr, Vhassar, Paenymion) and 3 other house from new candidates of houses (Qhaedar, Vaelaros, Staegone)

Anyways with this it means that house Maegyr is just one noble house from Volantis, which by the way is clear across the world. Not to mention there is absolutely no mention of Talisa's parents. She could well be the great great great great granddaughter of Malaquo Maegyr's great great grand uncle.

Here are several important conditions that could be used to make this viable.
Distance (can be used to set a maximum distance from your character)
Prestige (so it's a prestigious house)
Gold (so that you're not marrying a useless poor house)
Fertility (ensure daughter is capable of having children)

As for if you break the marriage off you could possibly get a list of a few women in the current province your in that could be used as an alternative, for instance if you're leading your army through enemy territory you could possibly end up meeting with a daughter of an enemy lord and hooking up.

@EDAP: Talisa was said to have been from Volantis and from a noble house. And with having the last name Maegyr that means she was of house Maegyr. However like I said before there was absolutely no mention of how much related to the current Triarch she had.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by blanchett » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14

I think the event would be really hard to fire if it's not specific either way though I don't really object to it. I think it would be fun whether it's an open event or more restricted. So far the Red Wedding is probably the most defining moment in the entire series so it would be great to see it incorporated somehow.

I read and I am not sure if it's true that GRRM gave Talisa Maegr her name after they had changed the character too significantly for her to be called Jeyne Westerling. She might be a distant relative of Malaquo but it would be far more useful if she was related to him maybe the daughter of his heir or even his second born son. I did wonder if this was a plot point that they might mention later although given her views on slavery highborn or not she might not have popular although she was at least in contact with her mother according to the show.
blanchett

PostPosted by ahk528 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 00:58

I wish they would put a red wedding event chain. Without it makes the clash of kings bookmakr incomplete because there are no real consequences besides losing his fealty (walder frey) for breaking your oath.
ahk528

Return to General Discussion