R+L=J sub-mod - SPOILER ALERT

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: R+L=J sub-mod - SPOILER ALERT

PostPosted by GodMars » Tue Jul 28, 2015 15:20

knuckey wrote:
GodMars wrote:In the RR scenario, I can't seem to get any events (learning his true heritage) to fire for Jon with ToJ survivors, post the death of Ned Stark years later. I've tried forcibly moving people between courts and switching to either Jon or a ToJ survivor. I've even tried manually firing off the events using the console. Is this a function that is not intended when starting in the RR scenario? Anyone have any insight into this? And no, I am not running any other submods.

I have found the problem, Rhaegar wasn't being set as Jon's secret real father meaning the event wouldn't trigger. This has now been fixed and the downloaded link updated.

Excellent! Thanks for your work, Knuckey.
GodMars

PostPosted by GodMars » Thu Aug 06, 2015 03:46

Edit: Nevermind this post, I see what I missed!
GodMars

PostPosted by Schnarf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 03:53

What this small mod does is alter the existing Tower of Joy event chain slightly so that a son is always born to Lyanna afterwards, whether she dies or not. Then it is up to Ned to decide what to do with the child...

this didnt happen for me...
Schnarf

PostPosted by Rick1091 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 23:50

Hey,

Jon discovering his true identity is not working in my game. It just keeps saying the event does not exist. Do you know any reason this may be? I downloaded the latest version of the submod last night.
Rick1091

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 23:56

Assuming you are using the test version, did you edit the .mod to dependent on a game of thrones qohor?
SinStar87

PostPosted by Rick1091 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 01:32

Sorry, I am playing 2.3.6 and 0.96 but just 're downloaded a newer version of R+L=J after I realised the version I had was a little old.
Rick1091

PostPosted by The Dragonknight » Mon Oct 05, 2015 03:42

I know everyone has been asking this, but how do you get the event to fire while playing as Jon? No matter what I do, whether I move Howland to Winterfell, have him in my court, or move my army to Greywater Watch, the event doesn't fire unless you type in the console command, which really breaks the immersion. If we could get a simple "how to" on the subject, I think a lot of questions would be answered. It seems to work fine for the RR bookmark, but not in AFFC.
The Dragonknight

PostPosted by knuckey » Sun Nov 08, 2015 21:14

Submod is now compatible with 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/61vt7 ... 282%29.zip

Jon now also has a choice of dynasties if he successfully gains the Iron Throne.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by TheCed » Sun Nov 08, 2015 22:35

Thank you.

Would there be a possibility to get parentage revealed while being in the Night's Watch then leaving the Watch to claim the North and the Iron Throne?
TheCed

PostPosted by Tommy5000 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 16:48

What if Rhaegar wins the rebellion? I enjoy playing as Rhaegar. Is there anyway to make Rhaegar, Lyanna's lover?
Tommy5000

PostPosted by KingMilo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 17:37

Tommy5000 wrote:What if Rhaegar wins the rebellion? I enjoy playing as Rhaegar. Is there anyway to make Rhaegar, Lyanna's lover?

Yeah if Lyanna lives you can make her your Queen, f she dies you can adopt Jon etc
KingMilo

PostPosted by karmaepsilon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 07:47

Schnarf wrote:
What this small mod does is alter the existing Tower of Joy event chain slightly so that a son is always born to Lyanna afterwards, whether she dies or not. Then it is up to Ned to decide what to do with the child...

this didnt happen for me...

Yeah I'm also still only getting a heightened chance of her having the baby and 100% having the baby if she dies (I have never had her die and not have the baby since this update). But multiple times I've had to reload because she lives but has no kid.
Also in the save where I got the event to go as it should have (she had the baby and Ned took him in) it isn't showing secret parentage at all and I'm a little concerned I am not gonna get the reveal event. Will return with the news on if I do when I get to that point in this play.
Edit addition: Yep couldn't figure out how to reveal his true parentage to him as Ned Stark. Fixed the real father thing with a reinstall
karmaepsilon

PostPosted by TheCed » Sat Dec 12, 2015 01:24

TheCed wrote:Thank you.

Would there be a possibility to get parentage revealed while being in the Night's Watch then leaving the Watch to claim the North and the Iron Throne?
TheCed

PostPosted by Curiouscanine » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:01

Guys, question, in this particular submod, has anyone ever successfully played as JOn Snow, been told of the R+L=J fiasco, and successfully have seen Jon Snow's parentage change? Like you see Ned Stark's face get replaced by Rhaegar and Lyanna? Because I haven't. I tweaked the event in one aspect to make it so, by making the ai_chance 100 for the decision to inform Jon of his parentage (the doer of this decision is Reed, thus the need to "push" the ai to do it, 100%). So basically after Jon usurps Winterfell from Boltons, one raises troops in the neck and places Snow as commander. Bam! This fulfills the trigger requirement of Reed and Snow meeting, so event to tell parentage nearly always fires right after(thanks to ai_chance = 100). However the problems I noticed start right after. Jon is given two options for this event, either to keep it quiet, or to proclaim it to the world. So far, from my experience, it only ends up with Jon getting or not getting a claim to the Iron Throne. There is no change after that. Like NONE. None from experiencing it via the game, and none I can see in the file. We know that the effects of an option are written within the option bracket right? Like add_trait or something. All I saw in that part of the file pertained to getting claim on e_iron throne. That's it. Which is the problem because the last part of the file, the event that allows Jon to choose his dynasty is only triggered if it is listed that his real father is R!!! And like I keep on repeating, the only effect of Jon choosing to proclaim his parentage to the world is that he gets a claim to the iron throne. That's it. IN all aspects it still shows Eddard as Jon's father. I tried looking around in the file to see if there is an event that connects JOn's proclaiming with Jon choosing Dynasty but absolutely nothing. So, unless I missed an invisible wall of text or my dw of the submod was corrupted, I think this submod is still incomplete.
Curiouscanine

PostPosted by karmaepsilon » Sun Dec 20, 2015 21:15

Curiouscanine wrote:Guys, question, in this particular submod, has anyone ever successfully played as JOn Snow, been told of the R+L=J fiasco, and successfully have seen Jon Snow's parentage change? Like you see Ned Stark's face get replaced by Rhaegar and Lyanna? Because I haven't. I tweaked the event in one aspect to make it so, by making the ai_chance 100 for the decision to inform Jon of his parentage (the doer of this decision is Reed, thus the need to "push" the ai to do it, 100%). So basically after Jon usurps Winterfell from Boltons, one raises troops in the neck and places Snow as commander. Bam! This fulfills the trigger requirement of Reed and Snow meeting, so event to tell parentage nearly always fires right after(thanks to ai_chance = 100). However the problems I noticed start right after. Jon is given two options for this event, either to keep it quiet, or to proclaim it to the world. So far, from my experience, it only ends up with Jon getting or not getting a claim to the Iron Throne. There is no change after that. Like NONE. None from experiencing it via the game, and none I can see in the file. We know that the effects of an option are written within the option bracket right? Like add_trait or something. All I saw in that part of the file pertained to getting claim on e_iron throne. That's it. Which is the problem because the last part of the file, the event that allows Jon to choose his dynasty is only triggered if it is listed that his real father is R!!! And like I keep on repeating, the only effect of Jon choosing to proclaim his parentage to the world is that he gets a claim to the iron throne. That's it. IN all aspects it still shows Eddard as Jon's father. I tried looking around in the file to see if there is an event that connects JOn's proclaiming with Jon choosing Dynasty but absolutely nothing. So, unless I missed an invisible wall of text or my dw of the submod was corrupted, I think this submod is still incomplete.

I def got the claim and the dynasty change event last time I played AFFC
karmaepsilon

PostPosted by Curiouscanine » Mon Dec 21, 2015 04:46

Really? If so, then how long did you wait for it to happen? Like you, as Snow, meet Reed, then event fires right? You get two options, and you chose grab claim. How many days or months in between grabbing claim and choosing dynasty? Maybe it is only my file that is corrupted. So, when you pick the option grab claim, aside from that coat of arms of the iron throne appearing in your "claims" section does Jon's parentage change? Honestly, in the end, I don't care if I'm right or wrong, I just want to make sure I somehow get the event that allows JOn to pick his dynasty.
Curiouscanine

PostPosted by karmaepsilon » Mon Dec 21, 2015 06:25

Curiouscanine wrote:Really? If so, then how long did you wait for it to happen? Like you, as Snow, meet Reed, then event fires right? You get two options, and you chose grab claim. How many days or months in between grabbing claim and choosing dynasty? Maybe it is only my file that is corrupted. So, when you pick the option grab claim, aside from that coat of arms of the iron throne appearing in your "claims" section does Jon's parentage change? Honestly, in the end, I don't care if I'm right or wrong, I just want to make sure I somehow get the event that allows JOn to pick his dynasty.

It was immediate for me like one after the other like a duel progression
karmaepsilon

PostPosted by Curiouscanine » Mon Dec 21, 2015 06:27

Then the file I dw must be broken. Huhhh :(((
Curiouscanine

PostPosted by Tuldann » Fri Jan 08, 2016 19:43

Is this mod still working in AFFC? I tried to meet with Howland but I never got the event, I met him both in Winterfell and in the Neck. I do have the Black Dragon Aegon mod, could this cause the R+L=J sub-mod not to work in AFFC?
Tuldann

PostPosted by knuckey » Sat Mar 12, 2016 15:34

New version for 1.1 can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/61vt7 ... 282%29.zip
knuckey
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods