A GAME OF THRONES
A Total Conversion Mod for Crusader Kings II
Download A Game of Thrones v0.8 (Windows exe): HERE (mirror)
Download A Game of Thrones v0.8 (Mac / Linux / zipped files): HERE (mirror)
Compatible with: CK2 2.1.6
Warning: This is a BETA version
, so it might (in fact, it will most likely) contain bugs and unfinished features!Mac/Linux/Zipped files warning:
The mod files must
be copied to <Your Documents>/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod folder. We also recommend any previous mod files in this folder are deleted before copying the new version. Windows users have been provided with an installer that performs this function automatically, while Mac users can find detailed installation instructions in the manualWarning: This mod is likely to be incompatible with 32bit systems with low memory. We recommend at least 4GB of memory on a 64bit system.If you want to avoid certain A Dance with Dragons spoilers in pre-AFFC scenarios install the following sub-mod:DOWNLOAD
Pour les joueurs FR, patch à dézipper dans Document/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bzkhj ... Thrones.7z
In a land where summers last for years and winters last for decades, nine great families struggle for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Take control of a noble house, from the Starks of Winterfell to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and win the Iron Throne!
But remember, winter is coming.Patch 0.8 Notes
In this update The Night's watch and the White Walkers have received some love, with many improvements, fixes and additions being added which hopefully make the area more playable. The details are listed below. As usual, many fixes, tweaks and new flavour have also been added.
- Many White Walkers improvements/fixes
- Night's watch revamp
- Titular kingdoms for Essos
- Essos flavour
- Dynamic Golden Company invasions
- A new 'Prison Break' event series
- If you are wondering about the question mark flags everywhere, there are currently no flags for many areas.
Full changelog below.CHANGELOG
Please don't post bug/problem reports in this thread, please use the bug report forum: forum5.htmlCREDITS
Events, jobs, plots and decisions:
- A character may now become depressed if their lover dies
- The event where a ruler can try and burn down a trade post in a province now happens for the province owner rather than top liege
- If you drink wildfire you can actually become a dragon
- Valyrians (or any targ/targ cadets) can convert to the Valyrian religion of old
- Annual feast in Pentos in which the Maid of the Fields and Maid of the Seas are deflowered
- Added in a Legitimise Karstark decisions
- It is now possible to command a vassal to stand down who is attacking another vassal who happens to be split in a mega war
- A ruler who is being besieged can now choose to go into hiding even if they aren't the siege leader and are at least 14
- Adapted the plagued by wolves event chain to add flavour for basilisks in Yi Ti provinces
- Added dynamic dragon intel for any province that has been converted to a ruin by a dragon
- Added some formable titular kingdoms for Essos
- Added titular kingdoms for the recently added high lordships in Westeros
- Unlanded prisoners may now either offer to pay their own ransom, or have have their ransom offered by a relative who is not their liege
- Improved the "ransom all" decision
- Improved some vanilla trait_effects events
- Added an event if Victarion goes to Dany in AFFC, Moqorro will offer conversion to R'hllor
- Added variation of the Direwolf battle event for Snowbear, Brownbear, Wolf and Shadowcat
- Added a prison break event chain for the rescue prisoner plot (now also usable against any prisoner, as well as forced concubines)
- Braavosi patricians with sufficient financial acumen get the option to become a stakeholder in the Iron Bank (just a monthly income boost at the moment)
- The Golden Company can invade Young Griff style anytime they have a commander/courtier of House Blackfyre with a claim on e_iron_throne
- Made take prisoner as wife decisions available for both men and women
- The Iron Throne has the ability to call Essosi kingdoms for aid in a War for the dawn
- A Lord Commander that refuses to declare a War for the Dawn when prompted will get an opnion malus with any vassals/couriters with the Black Brother trait
- The Others being defeated in the inital event no longer results in an unending/unendable harsh winter
- Fixed problem with the Iron Throne calling for aid in War for Dawn, not allowing people to join
- The lead White Walker dying will no longer cause wars involving the Others to end inconclusively
- If Stannis wins the Iron Throne starting from AFFC bookmark, he will call a War for the Dawn
- Balancing changes for the War for the Dawn cb and the time it will take the Others to attack the Wall
- The citdael "winter is comming/ending" notification event will no longer fire if the cold_winds global flag is active
- Gave the Others some extra starting troops in ACOK bookmark so Mance doesn't curbstomp them
- Lead white walker no longer called "commander"
- Made Queenscrown in New Gift a castle (prevents wildlings/others getting stuck there)
- Made Shivering Forest not Thenn the province that white walkers keep (Thenn valley survived Long Night)
- Others now begin AFFC with equivalent troops as if they reached that point in the invasion organically
- Prevented d_winter capital moving around if starting in AFFC
- Characters with a Valyrian Steel weapon have a high chance of insta-killing white walkers in the duel event
- Added an event to prompt the Nights Watch to call a War for the Dawn if the cold_winds global flag is active. Is decided based on the Lord Commander
- White Walkers can't be blind from age
- Non White Walker courtiers under a white walker or winter wasteland are culled
- Nightswatch titles are no longer returned if owned by a white walker or winter wasteland
- The event to make provinces winter wastelands no longer fires for thenn, it stays as the capital of d_winter
- Added missing winter character history and winter/wildling title history for AFFC
- The special Nightswatch titles are now linked with council positions (Castellan-First Steward, Master of Arms-First Ranger, Master of Laws-Recruiter, Master of Coin-First Builder)
- Added a 'Recruit for the Watch' job action for the recruiter, which can lead to gaining gold/levies
- All castles on the wall are now present as ruins, and non-ruined castles can now fall into ruin without periodic investment
- The Watch is now stronger at Aegon's Conquest (10000 men) and becomes gradually weaker up until ACoK
- Altered the amount of levies/tax the NW base values give. Also added base values in The Gift
- Vassal commanders are now obliged to provide 100% levies to the Lord Commander
- Added a 'Personal Steward' honourary title
- If a player Lord Commander either raids or answers a call to arms they will now receieve an opinion malus with fellow black brothers. They will also become a valid target for the 'Restore Night's Watch' casus belli
- Added an event chain about a 'Wildling Queen', plus other misc flavour
- Improved the wildling barracks building
- Stark on the Wall flavour
- A ruler of House Stark with 4 or more children can choose to send an extra son of at least 10 to the Wall.
- When the cold_winds flag is active, a Stark on the Wall will gain a claim on the Nights Watch
- If the Lord Commander is a Stark, it doubles the mtth for the Others attacking the Wall
Character/Database setup (WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD):
- Made some more progress updating House Stark family tree to new worldbook info
- The Karstarks now support the Boltons in AFFC
- Added in Nagga the Sea Dragon
- Viserys I is no longer a rider of Silverwing
- Meleys is no slightly stronger
- Added the wroth trait to Rhaegal
- Added in historical dragon nicknames, will add in some random ones later
- Aenys Frey is no longer dead at the start of AFFC
- Fixed the scope for the Varys/Illyrio friendship modifiers
- Fixed Summerhall date for becomming a ruin not matching Aegon V's new death date
- Added the strong trait to Aegon I
- Fixed Grandmaester Oryle's double maester traits
- Fixed Visenya's Darksister history mismatching everyone else by a few months
- Upgraded Mance to skilled_warrior (greatest ranger the Watch ever had according to Qhorin)
- Stannis loses health in his history files after each shadow baby
- Rhllor/Bearded Priests send son to temple decision can no longer be done to the primary heir
- Level 1 base value buildings are now much cheaper to build
- Lords imprisoned by their liege can no longer ask for repayment on loans until they are released
- If a character is executed by their liege, their heir will no longer inherit any loans given to the liege
- Adjusted event where a vassal can request the release of a prisoner. Main change is that it no longer results in tyranny for refusing.
- Rulers of a merchant republic will now only get land requests from their family if they have a demesne size of at least 3
- Traditional Rhllor provinces are now more resistant to conversion. It is also now more difficult to convert provinces to Valyrian.
- Slave raids now provide 3 personal slaves rather than 5, but they will have better stats
- Redcued the martial gained from eagle, direwolf and snowbear slightly
- Newly elected Triarchs now get an opinion boost with their vassals to negate the short reign penalty
- Making a lowborn a noble now improves opinion and costs gold
Graphics and portraits:
- Replaced the last instances of TV show characters in event pictures (Syrio and Rickon)
- Ghiscari portraits no longer conflict with Persian DLC
- Added a new loading screen to replace some of the vanilla ones that still show
- Trait icons for courtesan, former courtesan, white walker, children of the forest, new icon for dragon
- Fixed female Ghiscari "black lips" graphics glitch
- Fixed graphics glitch with Qartheen oldage female eyes
- Fixed some province border issues on the Norvos/Qohor border
- Re-did port positions for Westeros so they don't all face south
- Human courtiers of d_giants will be culled
- Added in some random dragon nicknames
- Bastards of dothraki will now only lose the bastard trait if the father is in a dothraki court
- When a landed character is banished to the Nightswatch they will now pass on any debts, slaves or khalasars to their heir
- Stone Dornishmen now traditionally practice agnatic cognatic succession
- Single province high lordship titles can no longer be formed by ruins
- Optimised slavery mechanics somewhat
- Optimised the dynastic nicknames
- Qartheen and Yi Ti cultures now traditionally practice slavery
- Fixed multi-animal skinchangers. Approx 10% will have more than 1, with very few having upto 6.
- Fixed problem where level 1 base value buildings were not buildable in new holdings built in provinces with no dejure duchy
- Fixed problem where a dothraki levy wouldnt replenish when moving khalasar
- The Dragonmont now actually improves dragon life expectantcy as advertised
- Fixed nightswatch Castle black Merchant Republic maintenance problem
- Fixed the dragon and rider loc still referring to the old father-child system
- Fixed bug where it was possible to press courtier/vassal's claims on your vassals split during a mega war
- Dothraki holders of the Kingsguard, Nightswatch or Citadel will no longer have their titles removed for having no khalasar
- The train son decision can no longer be taken twice at the same time
- Asshai intel now gives bonus to all aspects of dragon breeding/taming
- Fixed case of weird landless dragon rider decision making in mega wars
- Fixed some portrait bugs
- Fixed young northman customiser beard problem
- Fixed Daeron-Tessarion link in the Dance
- Fixed Dalton Greyjoy's Dance of the Dragons event firing in the Conquest of Dorne bookmark
- Adjusted Dance of the Dragons interesting character menu to not show Otto Hightower as he is no longer playable
- Fixed opinion modifiers in the donate to the Warlocks event
- Fixed Golden Company court on start up
- Added missing localisation for Bearded Priest trait description
- Fixed Titan of Braavos not having the unique building
- Code: Select all
Cabezaestufa: Founder/Map creator, General Coding Support, Events, DNA, Balancing, Bugfixing, North Content, Misc. Graphics, Team Management.
Knuckey: Project Leader, Scripting, History Work, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, "Megawars"
Scripting & Coding:
Galle: Events, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, DND, Localisation, Fighting Traits and the Duel Engine, New Plots, AI Work, Nightswatch/wildlings content
Sunspear: Coding, Events, Riverland Content, Bugfixing, Positioning Tool, Balancing, misc. Graphics, Personal Interaction, Faceless Men, Dragons.
Ogaburan (Ran Miller): Events, Westerland & Frey, Minor Families Filler, DNA, New Education System, Kingsguard, Knights, Bugfixing, Balancing, Misc. Graphics.
Fashbinder: Event scripting/balance, Trial by court, Nightswatch/wildlings content,
Toccs: Essos work, General Coding Support, DNA, Many History Updates/Improvements, Far East map creator.
Rodri: Event, General Coding Support, Bugfixing, Dynasty tracing, Trial by Combat, Hereditary Valyrian Swords, New Ambitions.
Zarine: General Coding Support, New Battle System, Translations, Bugfixing.
Stiener (DanJonMin): CoA placeholders, Events, Iron Islands content, Localization, Misc. Graphics.
Wolfgang Pauli: Maintenance Events, Rescue CB, Testing, CoA Graphics.
Etel: Grell-conversion Work.
Riso: Merged features from mods like CK2+ and Better Rebels, Misc. Coding.
HuskyWolf: Scripted a bit and added some traits.
Harrenhal restoration, R'hllor Magic, Reforged Swords, VSS Quest.
Waylit: Special siege events mod.
Comradebot: Farwynd skinchanger events, Ironborn event ideas
Tompalmer : Event scripting.
StoneTheCrow/Tycho: Valyrian Swords, history improvements, bug fixes.
Jenks: Event scripting
blackninja9939: Event Scripting, Legitimise Cadets, Make a Noble, Bugfixing
Edric_Storm: Dynasty CoA Artist, Dynamic CoA Generator Graphics (higher res, new designs), New CoA Templates (fabric banner and hide versions).
the_hdk: Crownlands initial Content, Dynasty CoA Artist, Title Flags, New CoA Template (leather version), New Skinchanger trait icons and misc icons.
Rabid Bogling: Dynasty CoA and Title flags Artist. New Portrait Graphics. Generic CoA Overhaul.
StGeorge: Icons & Loading Screens.
talias: Trait icons, Titular Kingdoms
Peuri: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
dauncosony: Portrait Graphics (including concept and design).
Velho e Bom Joe: City models and textures.
Amok: Much of his artwork used for event pictures: http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery
Starkweather: Valyrian children portraits, Titular Kingdoms
Jorian Drake: Dynasty CoA and title flags artist.
DarkReborn: Ghiscari portraits
hibludij: High Valyrian clothes
Mavrosh: Map textures (lava, black rock and red earth): http://mavrosh-stock.deviantart.com
Misc CoAs/Graphics: HMAS-Nameless, Molleby, Smoesville, Micxzu, Pageman, Myrik_Justiciar, deloswerty, azaghal
Chrisjm89: Historical character histories.
Hobbes MkII: Historical character histories
Tompalmer: Historical corrections and community management.
Initial Content: ThePiglet, Hroppa, AlecTrevelyan006, Helios Ra, Jazthesentinel, Maginor
Clash of Kings Scenario:
Tompalmer: Scenario Design Lead
Mug bubule: Scenario Design
Nacodaco: Scenario Design, Scenario Histories
Knuckey: Scenario Scripting
Hobbes MkII: Scenario Histories
C_moore: Scenario Histories
HuskyWolf: Scenario Histories and poor grammar
Original Music :
Aurélien Benharrats ( http://www.aurelien-b.fr/)
Translations & Localization:
Werther (French Lead)
French: tompalmer, Stannis, Lord Riusma
Dany Quest: Loafcake, jimthepocket, MBjarno, blackninja9939, JON SNOWSTARK, EDAP, KnightKing
Spanish: Osuna, Darkhorse27, Bysne, DiTo/DiToMz
Special thanks for french proofreading: Merela, Graymarch, Sand, Hawkin, Pandémie, Suwan
'Dom (JonSnoooow)' Saint_Esteban 'Ser Ham'
Smoesville Karuga ItsAtrap
Dingo lychnidos Kingsgrave
DadeRoyal 'Benjen Coldwater' daddytorgo
philosophert nudu Greatjon
Zirael Narf GoogleSearch
xoatl 'Daemon Blackfyre' EDAP
Special Thanks To:
Grell74 for [url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?491188-Westeros-Mod-War-of-the-Usurper]his original Crusader Kings mod[/url], from which we took many things (spoiler warning)
Paradox Interactive for their great game
George R. R. Martin for his awesome books
Westeros.org for all it's information and resources, including many CoA graphics
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?592170-Mod-Campaign-Map-Culturally-different-cities.]Culturally Different Cities[/url] for our city graphics.
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?605746-MOD-Friends-amp-Foes-100-Traits-Mod]Friends & Foes[/url] for trait ideas & iconography templates
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?591226-The-Prince-and-the-Thane-%28MOD-WIP%29]The Prince and the Thane[/url] for some of our ambitions
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?625248-Here-is-how-to-add-an-Embark-shortcut-key-%28and-others%29&p=14206952&viewfull=1#post14206952]Alphanos's shortcuts mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?609850-Minimod-Ransom-All-Decision]Ransom all minimod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624768-MOD-mini-Dungeons-and-Sieges-An-Imprisonment-Game!]Dungeons and Sieges mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?594644-MOD-Lupus-Agnum-improved-usefulness-of-the-martial-skill]Lupus Agnum mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624367-MOD-Elder-Kings-a-CK2-Elder-Scrolls-mod]Elder Kings mod[/url]
[url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?644573-MOD-NB-New-Borders]NB+/New Borders mod[/url]
[url=http://www.lagardedenuit.com/]La Garde de Nuite[/url] for help with the French translation.