[Sub-Mod(s)] Tem's Mods Master Thread

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

[Sub-Mod(s)] Tem's Mods Master Thread

PostPosted by tem » Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:44

Updated Legendary Warriors, Tweaked Genetics, Tweaked Paramaters for AGOT 1.5, Green Valyria also works for AGOT 1.5

Since the threads here aren't really made for housing or organizing my ridiculous level of tweaks and mods, I'm going to post all of the mods with links here.

Descriptions will be on the link page to save clutter here. Also, if there are any issues with the mods or questions, I'd like if they were posted in the comments thread on the mod's respective nexus page.

If you dont want to do that, it's not really a big deal, just helps keeps things a bit better organized.

The Mad List

Spoiler: show
AGOT - Legendary Warriors - Integrates a 5th warrior trait with low occurance into the AGOT, should help legendary fighters feel legendary.

Current Version / Compatibility = 7.0 / AGOT 1.5

Special Notes: Congenital Overhaul Compatibility Version ( 6.0 / 0.9.6 )

AGOT - Tweaked Parameters - Edits a large number of game settings to be, in my opinion both more fun and realistic in the AGOT world

Current Version / Compatibility = 1.7 / AGOT 1.5

AGOT - No High Valyrian Culling - This mod simply removes the AGOT mod's event that kills of random high valyrian characters, allowing you to have a high valyrian empire if you have a county with HV culture.

Current Version / Compatibility = 2 / AGOT 0.9.6 No Longer needed, handled by main AGOT mod.
Special Notes: Contains compatibility version for AGOT Legendary Warriors v5.6, Congenital Overhaul 0.9.6 and the Legendary Warriors Congenital Overhaul compatibility version

AGOT - Colonize Away - This mod adds a number of previously uncolonizable areas complete with flags to the AGOT mod, including Valyria, Over 35 counties added so far. Full list of changes on main mod page.

Current Version / Compatibility = 4.3 / AGOT 1.0 Currently really really broken

AGOT - Tweaked Genetics - This mod increases and decreases the chance of certain traits being passed on through genetic inheritence, making your children chance to inherit your genetic traits more realistic.

Current Version / Compatibility = 1.2/ AGOT 1.5

AGOT - More Flags - This mod adds flags that have not yet been added to the main mod ( see special notes)

Current Version / Compatibility = 1.6 / AGOT 1.5
Special Notes: Version 1.6 Not needed if you have AGOT 0.9.3 and up

AGOT - Green Valyria - A simple mod that removes the valyrian wasteland graphics and replaces them with grassland

Current Version / Compatibility = 1 / AGOT 1.0 - No Longer Needed

AGOT - Alternate Portraits - This mod provides some tweaked character portraits with the intention of adding some custom culture portraits in the future.

Current Version / Compatibility = 0.5 / AGOT 1.0

Previous Threads
Last edited by tem on Thu Aug 17, 2017 19:22, edited 20 times in total.
tem
Mod Team

Re: [Sub-Mod(s)] Tem's Mod Master Thread

PostPosted by Midnighty » Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:49

green valyria, man, i love you
vodka and balalayka
Midnighty

PostPosted by TheCed » Wed Mar 18, 2015 22:25

Dope.
TheCed

PostPosted by HolyArrow » Thu Mar 19, 2015 00:38

Maybe I'm missing something here, but for the Legendary Warriors submod, why doesn't the duel_engine_events.txt file in the events folder have anything added for the legendary_warrior trait?
HolyArrow

PostPosted by tem » Thu Mar 19, 2015 00:54

HolyArrow wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but for the Legendary Warriors submod, why doesn't the duel_engine_events.txt file in the events folder have anything added for the legendary_warrior trait?

It definitely should, I probably miss saved something somewhere during the update, I'll check over everthing tonight.

Edit: It looks like I may have improperly saved over a bunch of event files. Which means i have to spend another 2 hours redoing them. hurray.

Id hold off downloading LW till I update it again tonight.
tem
Mod Team

PostPosted by HolyArrow » Thu Mar 19, 2015 01:04

tem wrote:
HolyArrow wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but for the Legendary Warriors submod, why doesn't the duel_engine_events.txt file in the events folder have anything added for the legendary_warrior trait?

It definitely should, I probably miss saved something somewhere during the update, I'll check over everthing tonight.

Awesome, thanks! Great work on all these submods you've made, looking forward to using all of them. Took a long break from the GoT mod waiting for this latest update.
HolyArrow

PostPosted by HolyArrow » Thu Mar 19, 2015 19:00

Oh and FYI I don't think we can post on the respective pages of any of the mods, those threads are all locked.
HolyArrow

PostPosted by tem » Thu Mar 19, 2015 19:04

HolyArrow wrote:Oh and FYI I don't think we can post on the respective pages of any of the mods, those threads are all locked.

The nexus mod pages are what I was referring to, I'll edit the main post to clarify.
tem
Mod Team

PostPosted by The_Bloodraven » Thu Mar 19, 2015 19:43

Tem, you're a miracle worker. Love your mods, man. They make the game that much better than it already was.
The_Bloodraven

PostPosted by tem » Thu Mar 19, 2015 21:27

Alrighty, LW is now fixed, at least im pretty certain.

It wasnt as dire as i first thought, I had just not saved the duel events file properly, all the old work was still there.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the mods as much as I do
tem
Mod Team

PostPosted by HolyArrow » Fri Mar 20, 2015 00:11

Hey Tem, sadly I'm still having some trouble with the Legendary Warriors mod, this time it's something more subtle, a problem I've run into in the past but not sure how to fix. Basically, even though you add the legendary_warrior trait in the history/characters/*region* folder to certain people, it sometimes doesn't show up ingame in some cases. For example, when I run only the GoT mod and the LW submod and start during The Crowned Stag, Jaime and Gregor have Legendary Warrior, but Barristan doesn't (he completely lacks a combat trait). I can see in the character file that you're adding it, but it just doesn't actually happen in-game for whatever reason. Another example is also when I only have the GoT and LW submod running, and I start during the aCoK scenario - neither Jaime nor Barristan have the legendary_warrior trait (again, completely lacking a combat trait), but Gregor does have it.

I've run into this problem before outside of your mod, where some traits simply don't appear (I remember in a previous version of the GoT mod while running some other submods -aCoK tweaks by kuczaja and A Dance of Crows by Sir Bujeyne - I couldn't get Cruel to show up on Joffrey even though I saw it explicitly coded in his character file). I've only dabbled in tweaking files so I'm not sure what kind of deeper problem could be causing this.
HolyArrow

PostPosted by tem » Fri Mar 20, 2015 02:00

HolyArrow wrote:Hey Tem, sadly I'm still having some trouble with the Legendary Warriors mod, this time it's something more subtle, a problem I've run into in the past but not sure how to fix. Basically, even though you add the legendary_warrior trait in the history/characters/*region* folder to certain people, it sometimes doesn't show up ingame in some cases. For example, when I run only the GoT mod and the LW submod and start during The Crowned Stag, Jaime and Gregor have Legendary Warrior, but Barristan doesn't (he completely lacks a combat trait). I can see in the character file that you're adding it, but it just doesn't actually happen in-game for whatever reason. Another example is also when I only have the GoT and LW submod running, and I start during the aCoK scenario - neither Jaime nor Barristan have the legendary_warrior trait (again, completely lacking a combat trait), but Gregor does have it.

I've run into this problem before outside of your mod, where some traits simply don't appear (I remember in a previous version of the GoT mod while running some other submods -aCoK tweaks by kuczaja and A Dance of Crows by Sir Bujeyne - I couldn't get Cruel to show up on Joffrey even though I saw it explicitly coded in his character file). I've only dabbled in tweaking files so I'm not sure what kind of deeper problem could be causing this.

Yes, ive seen this too, and im not sure why it does that.

My best guess is that some event is meant to take away their combat trait, but even then, i've gone over everything with links to master_warrior trait, and there doesnt seem to be any easy answer.

I'll look at it again, but I'm not sure ill see anything new. Like you said, they are being told to have the trait.

I did notice something last time i was editing them, 2 different ways traits were added. I can see if one method doesnt work right or vice versa
tem
Mod Team

PostPosted by HolyArrow » Fri Mar 20, 2015 03:15

tem wrote:
HolyArrow wrote:Hey Tem, sadly I'm still having some trouble with the Legendary Warriors mod, this time it's something more subtle, a problem I've run into in the past but not sure how to fix. Basically, even though you add the legendary_warrior trait in the history/characters/*region* folder to certain people, it sometimes doesn't show up ingame in some cases. For example, when I run only the GoT mod and the LW submod and start during The Crowned Stag, Jaime and Gregor have Legendary Warrior, but Barristan doesn't (he completely lacks a combat trait). I can see in the character file that you're adding it, but it just doesn't actually happen in-game for whatever reason. Another example is also when I only have the GoT and LW submod running, and I start during the aCoK scenario - neither Jaime nor Barristan have the legendary_warrior trait (again, completely lacking a combat trait), but Gregor does have it.

Yes, ive seen this too, and im not sure why it does that.

My best guess is that some event is meant to take away their combat trait, but even then, i've gone over everything with links to master_warrior trait, and there doesnt seem to be any easy answer.

I'll look at it again, but I'm not sure ill see anything new. Like you said, they are being told to have the trait.

I did notice something last time i was editing them, 2 different ways traits were added. I can see if one method doesnt work right or vice versa

Whoops, I actually had some settings wrong so disregard what this post used to be. Anyway, if I run it with just the base GoT mod then everyone has their correct combat traits, so it seems strange that such an event that takes away their combat traits would only occur when the LW submod is enabled. I'm also trying some random stuff out in the files so I'll let you know if anything works, maybe I'll get lucky :D
HolyArrow

Re: [Sub-Mod(s)] Tem's Mods Master Thread

PostPosted by HolyArrow » Fri Mar 20, 2015 04:09

Okay, I think I've figured out the problem. In legwar_traits.txt, I removed

potential = {
age = 20
}

and now it seems to work properly. Not sure how that was interfering with things but my wild guess is that some characters get the trait added before they've reached that potential age so it never even goes into effect. I'm not even sure what that code does, but I'm assuming it doesn't let someone acquire the trait until they fulfill the conditions specified in the "potential" block?
HolyArrow

PostPosted by tem » Fri Mar 20, 2015 04:52

HolyArrow wrote:Okay, I think I've figured out the problem. In legwar_traits.txt, I removed

potential = {
age = 20
}

and now it seems to work properly. Not sure how that was interfering with things but my wild guess is that some characters get the trait added before they've reached that potential age so it never even goes into effect. I'm not even sure what that code does, but I'm assuming it doesn't let someone acquire the trait until they fulfill the conditions specified in the "potential" block?

Its just meant mostly to keep load off the system. but the way the main LW event is written i can take that bit out, since its become redundant. Good find, thanks HolyArrow
tem
Mod Team

PostPosted by HolyArrow » Fri Mar 20, 2015 05:13

Happy to help!
HolyArrow

PostPosted by Helios713 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 16:06

Is LW compatible with the current congenital overhaul/ does the compatibility version for congenital overhaul work for 0.9.3?
Helios713

PostPosted by Liweed » Sat Mar 21, 2015 17:54

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but I have a bug to report for one of your mods
The Legendary Warrior with Congenital compatibility gives blank events when the game is doing the events like the "King in the North", "I am the blood of Old Valyria", and the pirate hand out trait. I know it is this submod because I did troubleshoot. I don't know where though
Liweed

PostPosted by tem » Sat Mar 21, 2015 18:36

Liweed wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but I have a bug to report for one of your mods
The Legendary Warrior with Congenital compatibility gives blank events when the game is doing the events like the "King in the North", "I am the blood of Old Valyria", and the pirate hand out trait. I know it is this submod because I did troubleshoot. I don't know where though

Currently the compatibility version is not compatible with 0.9.3, I checked over the LW/CO version before it was uploaded in 0.9.2 and it was working fine. Generally the blank events will show up immediately if there is a problem.

so are you using the mod with the newest version of AGOT or the old 0.9.2. And are you using just the CO edition, or are you trying to run both LW standard and the CO version?
tem
Mod Team

PostPosted by Liweed » Sat Mar 21, 2015 20:23

tem wrote:
Liweed wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but I have a bug to report for one of your mods

Currently the compatibility version is not compatible with 0.9.3, I checked over the LW/CO version before it was uploaded in 0.9.2 and it was working fine. Generally the blank events will show up immediately if there is a problem.

so are you using the mod with the newest version of AGOT or the old 0.9.2. And are you using just the CO edition, or are you trying to run both LW standard and the CO version?

I'm running the CO version with CO
EDIT: Also running 0.9.3
Liweed

Next

Return to Sub-Mods