[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.2

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.2

PostPosted by nudu » Sun Jul 08, 2012 06:20

Download stops after a while.
nudu

PostPosted by Wowwars » Sun Jul 08, 2012 07:07

Maester Spam and Family wanna fief :( so many game changing bugs but eh this version is the most unexpected i seen so far and has alot of interesting events.
'

HI
Wowwars

PostPosted by KaiserBenjamin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 07:30

Lord Baelish really likes the new "Acquire the Veil" plot.

The back story, if anyone is interested:

On August 4 Jon Arryn and Lysa Tully were blessed by the birth of their first child, Lady Bethany I. On August 11, Jon Arryn was killed in battle fighting the Mad King. Lord Baelish was appointed Regent to rule until young Bethany came of age.

When Bethany was 13, after I had been de facto ruling the Veil for more than a decade, I noticed I had a plot to acquire the Veil. Littlefinger, master of intrigue, started with a high chance of success, but I also recruited two co-conspirators, Lord Andar of Runestone and Benedar of Strongsong.

We sent the young Lady a letter, strongly suggesting she step down for the good of the realm. Naturally, facing significant pressure from her Regent, she agreed. And thus, Petyr Baelish went from the smallest of small lords, ruler only of a few rocky acres on the smallest of the Fingers, to Lord of the Eyrie in one fell swoop.
Last edited by KaiserBenjamin on Sun Jul 08, 2012 08:25, edited 2 times in total.
KaiserBenjamin

PostPosted by KaiserBenjamin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 07:44

The good news keeps rolling in...

KaiserBenjamin

PostPosted by tompalmer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 07:46

Facinating :)
Writing a book about history of war
Stay updated about the mod by email !
ImageImage
tompalmer
Mod Team

PostPosted by Zeldicus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 08:02

Thank you very much .

I will go kill tywin :twisted:

Un grand merci a tous et bravo a vous :)
Zeldicus

PostPosted by tompalmer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 08:32

Ser littlefinger?

Why not hand of the king hodor ?
Writing a book about history of war
Stay updated about the mod by email !
ImageImage
tompalmer
Mod Team

PostPosted by Krilk33 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 09:31

"What does the hand of the king think of this matter?" "HODOR! HO-DO-OR! hodor. HoDoR!"

Also the wildlings are pretty fun, King Beyond the Wall Sigorn :D
Krilk33

PostPosted by Comradebot » Sun Jul 08, 2012 09:55

Awesome! Even though my (very) minor contribution didn't seem to make the cut for it. Which made me sad for... well, however long it took to load the game and mess around in Westeros again! :-)
Comradebot

PostPosted by prepuzio80 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 13:38

You are the best!
prepuzio80

PostPosted by El Deon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 14:53

Do you know in what personal mode ,helps ? I mean in some people it let me or insult them or send gift and to other just insult them . Why is that?
El Deon

PostPosted by kazm » Sun Jul 08, 2012 15:27

No clue. Also it doesnt really seem to have a positive or negative effect or did i just not see it?

Also in the 'murder x plot' when you get 5 plotters you can try to ambush the person you want dead which gives 70% chance to kill him and 30% chance of your liege dieing. The times i tried this nothing happened. Both survived.
kazm

PostPosted by Galle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 15:34

kazm wrote:No clue. Also it doesnt really seem to have a positive or negative effect or did i just not see it?

Also in the 'murder x plot' when you get 5 plotters you can try to ambush the person you want dead which gives 70% chance to kill him and 30% chance of your liege dieing. The times i tried this nothing happened. Both survived.

Ambush success chances are actually based on relative fighting skill. The plan is for them to eventually use the duel engine to resolve.

I'll have to take a look at that both surviving thing, though.
The North Remembers.
Galle
Mod Team

PostPosted by dudemanbroguy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 18:04

Forgive me if this is a noob question, but: I'm playing the Mac version of the game, and I prefer not to play in full-screen mode. When I was running Vanilla 1.5/0.1.1 of the mod, the fact that I had edited the setting file to read "fullscreen=no" meant that both vanilla CK 2 and the mod ran in a down-sized window. I did the same thing with 1.6, and vanilla CK 2 runs in a window, but when I run the mod, the game default to full-screen mode. Is there another parameter I have to edit in order to avoid this?

Thanks for all your work - your mod is the reason I bought this game.
dudemanbroguy

PostPosted by Galle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:04

dudemanbroguy wrote:Forgive me if this is a noob question, but: I'm playing the Mac version of the game, and I prefer not to play in full-screen mode. When I was running Vanilla 1.5/0.1.1 of the mod, the fact that I had edited the setting file to read "fullscreen=no" meant that both vanilla CK 2 and the mod ran in a down-sized window. I did the same thing with 1.6, and vanilla CK 2 runs in a window, but when I run the mod, the game default to full-screen mode. Is there another parameter I have to edit in order to avoid this?

Thanks for all your work - your mod is the reason I bought this game.

Oddly enough, this sounds like it's probably a bug with 0.1.1, not 0.2. Our mod uses its own save directory, which means it has its own copy of settings.txt. Change that and you should be good to go.
The North Remembers.
Galle
Mod Team

PostPosted by xdrcfrx » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:16

Just registered to post my sincere thanks for making this mod. It is friggin AWESOME. I picked up CKII a couple weeks ago just for this mod, because I thought the game looked more my flavor than Civ V (for which there are a couple of decent ASOIAF mods as well- yes, I'm a total geek). I'll probably weigh in with some suggestions after I've had more of a chance to play around with the mod- I'd still consider myself a CKII noob though, so feel free to reject what I offer out of hand. Now, I'm off to decide if I want to keep the Targaryens in power, or if someone new should sit the Iron Throne.
xdrcfrx

PostPosted by dudemanbroguy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:18

Ah, that worked like a charm! Thanks much!
dudemanbroguy

PostPosted by Schneider21 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:45

Definitely a lot more realm-instability with this version. Mostly good, but some weird stuff was happening. In the Crowned Stag scenario, Stannis kept usurping titles from Robert and then giving them right back. So while he was pissing off Robert one moment, he was also gaining positive relations from gifting counties, duchies, and even Kingdoms. Not only that, but Stannis then has a claim on all these territories, which he somehow used to absorb the Vale and Dorne into the Westerlands and nab pieces of the Stormlands. After that it was really just the occasional individual vassal trying to depose Stannis or Robert (and subsequently Robert's son) and getting swiftly crushed.

Also, both Robert and his successor repeatedly imprisoned Lord Paramounts (I'm assuming because of plots) only to later release them and throw em back in the clink later. Have you guys experimented with having the King execute traitors or revoke their titles?

I also betrothed my son Beric Dondarrion to Danerys Targaryan at the start of the game only to have her die of depression 3 months after they were wed. Imagine my disappointment as I watched my plans crumble to the ground. :P
Schneider21

PostPosted by enrique15 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:53

Yes, and I was that Lord Paramount! He imprisoned me for no apparent reason (may be the fact that I betrothed my heir to Daenerys Stormborn....), made me pay for ransom and then imprisoned me again. He didn't stop until I rose in rebellion and gave him an excuse to claim Barrowtown.
enrique15

PostPosted by superdemongob » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:59

I don't know if its just me but my game of thrones mod folder didn't have a music folder and so, to change the title song i just put it directly into the main CK2 music folder under the correct name. Maybe something to change in the FAQ?
superdemongob

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion