[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.2

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.2

PostPosted by Galle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 20:42

superdemongob wrote:I don't know if its just me but my game of thrones mod folder didn't have a music folder and so, to change the title song i just put it directly into the main CK2 music folder under the correct name. Maybe something to change in the FAQ?

You're supposed to create the music folder. Putting it directly into the main CK2 music folder will overwrite vanilla's main menu music.
The North Remembers.
Galle
Mod Team

PostPosted by InsanitySektor » Sun Jul 08, 2012 23:37

Great work! Updating my GoT install of CK2 (yeah... because I have one specifically for GoT lol) and am about to dive into it! So, I can't wait... XD

*Forgot that I won't be able to use my other game from. :(
InsanitySektor

PostPosted by col2k3 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 01:32

Galle wrote:
superdemongob wrote:I don't know if its just me but my game of thrones mod folder didn't have a music folder and so, to change the title song i just put it directly into the main CK2 music folder under the correct name. Maybe something to change in the FAQ?

You're supposed to create the music folder. Putting it directly into the main CK2 music folder will overwrite vanilla's main menu music.

For those that own the official game of thrones soundtrack (everyone that doesn't, should look into it, it's awesome) you can easily convert it to ogg without installing any software just by going here: http://media.io

I have a request to make, and this isn't just to the game developers but anyone interested, with a good ear and willing to help.

It would be awesome to not only replace the title screen music with the GOT theme, but also all of the other gameplay songs with pieces from the GOT soundtrack that fit the mood of what's going on. I tried to do this with a couple of songs but ended up getting peaceful songs during battles or just songs that didn't match the intented mood of the original. Can anyone that owns the GOT soundtrack and better DJ skills than I do attempt to suggest some songs from it that we could get into the game and wich songs would they replace?
col2k3

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Mon Jul 09, 2012 05:04

Oh, oh oh! I don't know if it's possible since it overlaps the trident kings de jure, but could the Iron Kings have a de jure claim on the riverlands or atleast Harrenhal?
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by Rody » Mon Jul 09, 2012 15:59

"The Wildlings receive a free Invasion CB on all their neighbor" so where can I see this? I click on my neighbor and when I go to declare war it doesn't let me because I don't have a CB.

EDIT: Actually, it appeared on my game now - now I will go on my rampage to make Tormund the King Beyond the wall
EDIT 2: So I won the war for a piece of land, and I am not the ruler - it is some kid - we have a truce, so I broke the truce, attacked again and won - but same thing, I am not the ruler, if I want to attack another piece of land I don't have the DECLARE WAR button available it is greyed out.

also are the Night Watch playable now? Can the wildlings attack them?
Last edited by Rody on Mon Jul 09, 2012 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Rody

PostPosted by Galle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 16:39

col2k3 wrote:It would be awesome to not only replace the title screen music with the GOT theme, but also all of the other gameplay songs with pieces from the GOT soundtrack that fit the mood of what's going on. I tried to do this with a couple of songs but ended up getting peaceful songs during battles or just songs that didn't match the intented mood of the original. Can anyone that owns the GOT soundtrack and better DJ skills than I do attempt to suggest some songs from it that we could get into the game and wich songs would they replace?

It's actually possible to script when songs play under which circumstances. I'm considering writing such a script for people who own the soundtrack.

There are major obstacles to that, though. The official soundtrack doesn't provide perfect coverage of Westeros (there's certainly no Tyrell or Dornish leitmotifs in there) and in many cases is oddly specific ("What Is Dead May Never Die" is specifically about defecting from the Starks to the Greyjoys, and makes very little sense in any other context, for example)
The North Remembers.
Galle
Mod Team

PostPosted by Aron08 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 18:12

Galle wrote:
col2k3 wrote:It would be awesome to not only replace the title screen music with the GOT theme, but also all of the other gameplay songs with pieces from the GOT soundtrack that fit the mood of what's going on. I tried to do this with a couple of songs but ended up getting peaceful songs during battles or just songs that didn't match the intented mood of the original. Can anyone that owns the GOT soundtrack and better DJ skills than I do attempt to suggest some songs from it that we could get into the game and wich songs would they replace?

It's actually possible to script when songs play under which circumstances. I'm considering writing such a script for people who own the soundtrack.

There are major obstacles to that, though. The official soundtrack doesn't provide perfect coverage of Westeros (there's certainly no Tyrell or Dornish leitmotifs in there) and in many cases is oddly specific ("What Is Dead May Never Die" is specifically about defecting from the Starks to the Greyjoys, and makes very little sense in any other context, for example)

Please do that!
Aron08

PostPosted by mantis3 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 20:26

Anyone know why my text is blurry after updating to 1.6? It's like that on vanilla and with the GoT mod. I'm reinstalling now and hoping that fixes the problem!
mantis3

PostPosted by Krilk33 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 22:37

Rody wrote:"The Wildlings receive a free Invasion CB on all their neighbor" so where can I see this? I click on my neighbor and when I go to declare war it doesn't let me because I don't have a CB.

EDIT: Actually, it appeared on my game now - now I will go on my rampage to make Tormund the King Beyond the wall
EDIT 2: So I won the war for a piece of land, and I am not the ruler - it is some kid - we have a truce, so I broke the truce, attacked again and won - but same thing, I am not the ruler, if I want to attack another piece of land I don't have the DECLARE WAR button available it is greyed out.

You have to take the holdings in the terretory to conquer it.
Krilk33

PostPosted by jman2k3 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 23:31

Awesome. Now I can continue to slowly take over the Storm's End as the Gowers.
jman2k3

PostPosted by LordReaver » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47

Oh man, I love the instability in this version, I just had a war to rival the War of the Five Kings:

Robert, having fallen in love with Eddard Stark, asked him to be with him as his lover (oddly, Stannis had the 'homosexual' trait as well, so all the Baratheons were gay). Eddard refused, and in a rage Robert revoked the North from him. In response, Eddard raised his banners in rebellion, with Lord Edmure, and Bronze Yohn, the appointed lord of the Vale after Jon Arryn died childless, allying with him. Standing with Robert were his brothers Stannis and Renly, who brought the might of the Stormlands with them, as well as the Hand of the King, Tywin Lannister and the armies of the Westerlands. In response, Dorne saw this as an oppertunity to gain vengence against House Baratheon and Lannister, and sided with the rebel Ned Stark, with the Reach and Iron Isles staying neutral... for the time being.

As ever, the armies clashed in the Riverlands, where Edmure Tully fell in single combat to Robert Baratheon. In the South, Renly fought the Dornish, and blood flowed in the Red Mountains of Dorne, before falling in battle to Oberyn. Tywin charged into the Riverlands and the Vale, laying seige to castle after castle and winning battle after battle, though his campaign was cut short with the Tyrells siding with the Rebels, which forced him to bring his troops south against them. All was not lost for Robert however, as Balon - and later his son, Rodrik, declared for Robert, and launched attacks on the Reach, Dorne and the Vale.

Just as his Robert's Rebellion 17 years ago had been decided by him slaying Rhaegar in personal combat on the Trident, this war was defined by Robert's duel with Eddard north-west of King's Landing. Time had not decayed Robert's skills however, and he slew Eddard in battle, their friendship long, long over. While the rebellion was decided here, Bronze Yohn also fell in battle to Robert, though after a much longer duel.

Imprisoned for the crimes of his father, his son and heir, Robb Stark demanded a trial by combat, but like his father, he was no match for Robert and his warhammer. Several years later, with winter over and a new summer dawning on Westeros, Robert Baratheon the first of his name, the gay tyrant, died - with the realm passing into the hands of his kindly, charitable and just son, Joffrey Baratheon (black of hair).
LordReaver

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51

And it's even more punitive than the War of the Five Kings - War of the Lusty Gay King?
Darkgamma

PostPosted by LordReaver » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52

War of Ned Stark's Arse.
LordReaver

PostPosted by Tallyx » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05

@LordReaver: You sir, have a talent for writing :)
Tallyx

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:07

I'll have to do an AAR of "A Game of Thrones" once. It'll be so much fun when the Starks become princes of Dorne...
Darkgamma

PostPosted by LordReaver » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:21

Tallyx wrote:@LordReaver: You sir, have a talent for writing :)

Thanks, fairly sure it's just me shallowly copying other people's AAR writing styles but either way, cheers. :D
LordReaver

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Jul 10, 2012 14:18

LordReaver wrote:War of Ned Stark's Arse.

:lol: , best AAR ever
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by LordReaver » Tue Jul 10, 2012 15:46

I wish I had more pictures, such as when Ned and Robert lost the 'friend' trait which was presumably due to Ned telling Robert that no, he doesn't want to get bummed by him, and Joffrey's trait pages, because after a few years of rule he suddenly turned into Mace Tyrell.
LordReaver

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 15:57

It appears someone's having fun with the mod :D
Darkgamma

PostPosted by Rody » Tue Jul 10, 2012 16:04

Krilk33 wrote:
Rody wrote:"The Wildlings receive a free Invasion CB on all their neighbor" so where can I see this? I click on my neighbor and when I go to declare war it doesn't let me because I don't have a CB.

You have to take the holdings in the terretory to conquer it.

I found about that last night than you have to do a successful siege.

One thing tough - the question that is lingering on me - are the Night's Watch playable now?
Rody

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion