Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.2

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 16:06

I believe they are.
Darkgamma

PostPosted by AlecTrevelyan006 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 16:34

Rody wrote:
Krilk33 wrote:
Rody wrote:"The Wildlings receive a free Invasion CB on all their neighbor" so where can I see this? I click on my neighbor and when I go to declare war it doesn't let me because I don't have a CB.

EDIT: Actually, it appeared on my game now - now I will go on my rampage to make Tormund the King Beyond the wall
EDIT 2: So I won the war for a piece of land, and I am not the ruler - it is some kid - we have a truce, so I broke the truce, attacked again and won - but same thing, I am not the ruler, if I want to attack another piece of land I don't have the DECLARE WAR button available it is greyed out.

also are the Night Watch playable now? Can the wildlings attack them?

You have to take the holdings in the terretory to conquer it.

I found about that last night than you have to do a successful siege.

One thing tough - the question that is lingering on me - are the Night's Watch playable now?

They are technically playable. As in you can load a game as them.

They are not yet any fun to play.
AlecTrevelyan006
Mod Team

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Tue Jul 10, 2012 19:18

When there is A Clash of Kings scenario please don't forget to make Robb King of both the North and the Trident, because the riverlords swore fealty to him.
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 19:23

Beric Dondarion wrote:When there is A Clash of Kings scenario please don't forget to make Robb King of both the North and the Trident, because the riverlords swore fealty to him.

King of the North?
King who lost the North!

I'd like to see a Clash of Kings scenario, and even potentially the Blackfyre rebellions!
Darkgamma

PostPosted by tompalmer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 19:54

Both are planned, I think ACOK is coming first tho
Writing a book about history of war
Stay updated about the mod by email !
ImageImage
tompalmer
Mod Team

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 19:55

Ooh! I'm giggly with anticipation!
Darkgamma

PostPosted by tompalmer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 21:13

see in this subforum, I posted an "official thread"
ImageImage
tompalmer
Mod Team

PostPosted by Aegon VI » Tue Jul 10, 2012 21:53

LordReaver wrote:Oh man, I love the instability in this version, I just had a war to rival the War of the Five Kings:

snip.

I wish I could get that kind of action in mine. I started as Mace Tyrell and fastforwarded like 10 years so that Garlan was of age to fight and not a damn thing happened.
Aegon VI

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 22:00

Aegon VI wrote:
LordReaver wrote:Oh man, I love the instability in this version, I just had a war to rival the War of the Five Kings:

snip.

I wish I could get that kind of action in mine. I started as Mace Tyrell and fastforwarded like 10 years so that Garlan was of age to fight and not a damn thing happened.

I've just had a fun game as Mace Tyrell, and there was this bug which let me raise vassal levies as many times as I wanted - I've raised over a million troops. Now, that's all fine and dandy, but I get -37 on every vassal every 73 days!
Now I'm the powerless lord of Highgarden, with the total realm size of two - one barony and Highgarden itself.

You know, you could just sire a crapload of bastards via the "pollinate" cheat (sorry for this - "pollinate [Mother's ID] [Father's ID]" ) and legitimise them all when you're fifty - you playing one of your surviving sons could be a fun experience on holding on to your throne :)
Darkgamma

PostPosted by Alyster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 22:29

I find it very odd that the king can so easily revoke titles and give them to his family members. Robert has done this way, way too many times. I think I'm going to start playing robert's rebellion scenario exclusively now in the hopes that targaryen wins and the realm doesn't go ape***.
Alyster

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 00:56

Shouldn't Lord Paramount be renamed to Warden? Starks, Lannisters, Tyrells were called Wardens of the (insert direction here)east, west, etc. but the Dornish could just be Prince, cultural title of Warden
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by LordReaver » Wed Jul 11, 2012 01:09

No..

Mace Tyrell is Warden of the South, but there is also Dorne.
LordReaver

PostPosted by AlecTrevelyan006 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 01:12

Beric Dondarion wrote:Shouldn't Lord Paramount be renamed to Warden? Starks, Lannisters, Tyrells were called Wardens of the (insert direction here)east, west, etc. but the Dornish could just be Prince, cultural title of Warden

Wardens were a seperate military title that didn't have anything to do with ruling. If anything, it should be an honorary title.

Wardens were basically just the commanders of the royal armies if they did need to be raised. As evidenced by Robert's decision to name Jaime Lannister as Warden of the east, despite the effect that he could have no lands and rule no vassals.
AlecTrevelyan006
Mod Team

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 01:25

Oh well. Shouldn't Wex Pyke have the Quick trait? He's not retarded at all in the books. He's clever
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by Aegon VI » Wed Jul 11, 2012 02:37

Beric Dondarion wrote:Oh well. Shouldn't Wex Pyke have the Quick trait? He's not retarded at all in the books. He's clever

:lol:
"Wex Pyke is the bastard son of Sargon Botley of Lordsport. He is the squire of Theon Greyjoy. He is twelve years old and was born dumb." via awoiaf.
Aegon VI

PostPosted by Galle » Wed Jul 11, 2012 02:51

Given the generally archaic language ASOIAF uses, that actually probably means he was born mute, so Beric's point stands.
The North Remembers.
Galle
Mod Team

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 02:54

Yeah, if you read the last davos chapter of adwd...
Beric Dondarion

PLEASE HELP!

PostPosted by nowarning1962 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 03:44

Someone, please help me! I am about to tear out my hair.

I just bought CK2 on steam v1.06b (most current version). Registered the game. Then downloaded v0.2 of A Game of Thrones. Extracted/copied the files through the steamapps location of CKii in to the mod folder. When I start the game the launcher comes up and I check the "A Game of Thrones" mod, then select start game. The game starts but it just loads up the normal version of the game. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried to get this going for the past few hours and it just wont go. PLEASE help me, I want to play this so fucking bad.
nowarning1962

Re: PLEASE HELP!

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 04:16

nowarning1962 wrote:Someone, please help me! I am about to tear out my hair.

I just bought CK2 on steam v1.06b (most current version). Registered the game. Then downloaded v0.2 of A Game of Thrones. Extracted/copied the files through the steamapps location of CKii in to the mod folder. When I start the game the launcher comes up and I check the "A Game of Thrones" mod, then select start game. The game starts but it just loads up the normal version of the game. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried to get this going for the past few hours and it just wont go. PLEASE help me, I want to play this so fucking bad.

Some people have had this problem in the past, MAKE SURE you have BOTH files from the 0.2 folder in the mod folder
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by tompalmer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 04:18

not the good thread

But I think you misplaced the folder.
common>ck2>mod :
A game of thrones (folder)
A game of thrones.mod
ImageImage
tompalmer