[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.2

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v0.2

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 04:26

Also, Iron Acton(the barony in Pyke) should be renamed to Iron Halt.
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by nowarning1962 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 04:42

I have both folders, A Game of Thrones folder and A Game of Thrones .mod, in the mod folder. They are also in the correct mod folder. The path is steam: steamapps: common: ckii: mod

I just reinstalled the game and the mod and it still just loads the normal game. If I play a game and save it, it is saved under the GoT mod, so I can't access it if I start the game normally. Are there any suggestions for a fix?
nowarning1962

PostPosted by AlecTrevelyan006 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 05:17

Can you take a screenshot of your directory and upload? (cut out anything identifying)
AlecTrevelyan006
Mod Team

PostPosted by nowarning1962 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 05:36

Is this what you need? I'm not super awesome with computers. Running windows7 right now.
nowarning1962

PostPosted by Alyster » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:04

Oh wow. Robert baratheon revoked the vale, westerlands and dorne and now the baratheon family not only sits on the iron throne but also controls FOUR other kingdoms. This mod is a mess.
Alyster

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:58

Alyster wrote:Oh wow. Robert baratheon revoked the vale, westerlands and dorne and now the baratheon family not only sits on the iron throne but also controls FOUR other kingdoms. This mod is a mess.

Sshhh, I got the Starks to become Salty Dornishmen and a Targ is enthroned in the Weeping Tower.
Also, I'm under attack by the Summer Islands, lead by a certain Xaro Xho, with a deathstack of 25'623 troops.
Darkgamma

PostPosted by Dingo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 14:12

Alyster wrote:Oh wow. Robert baratheon revoked the vale, westerlands and dorne and now the baratheon family not only sits on the iron throne but also controls FOUR other kingdoms. This mod is a mess.

The newer version has a lot of problems at the moment, with insane looking maps, but 1.06 brought a LOT of game changes, so give em time to catch up!
Dingo

PostPosted by Cjrpos » Wed Jul 11, 2012 18:42

Are there Holy War Casus Bellis in this release? Were those already there, or is there discussion about including them in the future?
Cjrpos

PostPosted by sumpthy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 20:03

Cjrpos wrote:Are there Holy War Casus Bellis in this release? Were those already there, or is there discussion about including them in the future?

If you convert to an Eastern Religion (R'hllor or Bakkalon) you get a Holy War Casus Belli against everyone else. The North also have a Holy War Casus Belli against the Wildlings because of the Wildling's religion being an Old Gods 'heresy'.
sumpthy

PostPosted by Manwe » Wed Jul 11, 2012 20:14

Hi ,

I have one particular question . I started Robert's Rebellion playing as Eddard Stark. I was killed in a battle event in the was by Balon Greyjoy , who killed Robert in the same battle as well and then died by the rules of the Vale. After that my 3 or 4 years old Rob get the crown and I get the change to declare king of the North . Soon after that the war ended and Targaryen kept the throne :D but both the mad king and his son died in the fights and now the iron throne is help by an under age Targaryen boy . Anyhow I got a lot of internal struggle, but finally until rob was 14 years old I managed to unite the North firmly . I then decided to look for expanding and after looking at the map I decided to go cast revenge on house Greyjoy . I then realized that I do not have a simple ship in my entire kingdom and I do not have any way of reaching the Greyjoy islands . I remember someone from the guys here mentioning that there has been a problem with the Stark ships and the AI , when the AI plays house Stark . So my question is now , when I am actually playing house Stark is there any way for me to rise some ships so I can go take the Iron islands . I really do not want to start a war on the Riverlands , especially when they are now under the rule of my mother Catelyn Tully :D . Hope I did not bored you to death with my long post and that there is a way for me to revenge Eddard's death :D .
Manwe

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:18

Manwe wrote:Hi ,

I have one particular question . I started Robert's Rebellion playing as Eddard Stark. I was killed in a battle event in the was by Balon Greyjoy , who killed Robert in the same battle as well and then died by the rules of the Vale. After that my 3 or 4 years old Rob get the crown and I get the change to declare king of the North . Soon after that the war ended and Targaryen kept the throne :D but both the mad king and his son died in the fights and now the iron throne is help by an under age Targaryen boy . Anyhow I got a lot of internal struggle, but finally until rob was 14 years old I managed to unite the North firmly . I then decided to look for expanding and after looking at the map I decided to go cast revenge on house Greyjoy . I then realized that I do not have a simple ship in my entire kingdom and I do not have any way of reaching the Greyjoy islands . I remember someone from the guys here mentioning that there has been a problem with the Stark ships and the AI , when the AI plays house Stark . So my question is now , when I am actually playing house Stark is there any way for me to rise some ships so I can go take the Iron islands . I really do not want to start a war on the Riverlands , especially when they are now under the rule of my mother Catelyn Tully :D . Hope I did not bored you to death with my long post and that there is a way for me to revenge Eddard's death :D .

Someone uploaded a player only merc ship thing on the paradox forums for a workaround, something the team could actually implement by setting the mercs to player only= yes
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by Cjrpos » Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:21

Beric Dondarion wrote:Someone uploaded a player only merc ship thing on the paradox forums for a workaround, something the team could actually implement by setting the mercs to player only= yes

That's a great idea.
Cjrpos

PostPosted by Gsus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 22:22

Well, certainly what I'm going to put does not like someone but you can play this great mod in the pirate version of the game
Gsus

PostPosted by HuskyWolf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 23:20

Gsus wrote:Well, certainly what I'm going to put does not like someone but you can play this great mod in the pirate version of the game

please do not speak of the pirated version or hint at it thanks
HuskyWolf

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Wed Jul 11, 2012 23:49

Will megawars be fixed in the next version? As of now the only time a megawar really triggers is when wildings declare war on the iron throne. Lord Paramounts REFUSE to revolt unless you try an imprison, I had Balon greyjoy at like 200+ revolt risk for years. And anytime a megawar does really hapen between great lords happen it ends in 1 day exactly for some reason.
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by Darkgamma » Wed Jul 11, 2012 23:58

Beric Dondarion wrote:Will megawars be fixed in the next version? As of now the only time a megawar really triggers is when wildings declare war on the iron throne. Lord Paramounts REFUSE to revolt unless you try an imprison, I had Balon greyjoy at like 200+ revolt risk for years. And anytime a megawar does really hapen between great lords happen it ends in 1 day exactly for some reason.

I believe you're having a bug only by yourself - that simply doesn't happen to me. My Megawars actually have a tendency to last for generations and I'm powerless to do much.
Darkgamma

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Thu Jul 12, 2012 00:02

Wildings have really 'broken' the game. The Iron Throne just sits in King's Landing forever until they all die of old age when they declare war on the iron throne

EDIT: I'm sad to see Howland Reed still has average martial skill. Eddard remarks 'Arthur Dayne would have slain him but for Howland Reed.' This indicates Howland was atleast on par with Eddard or Arthur
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by tompalmer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 01:36

Beric Dondarion wrote:Wildings have really 'broken' the game. The Iron Throne just sits in King's Landing forever until they all die of old age when they declare war on the iron throne

EDIT: I'm sad to see Howland Reed still has average martial skill. Eddard remarks 'Arthur Dayne would have slain him but for Howland Reed.' This indicates Howland was atleast on par with Eddard or Arthur

Need more proofs. wiki ?

Wildlings will be better when united in ACOK
Writing a book about history of war
Stay updated about the mod by email !
ImageImage
tompalmer
Mod Team

PostPosted by Manwe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 01:39

I found the thread for the ships problem and the way to mod the files to add merc ships, but frankly it seems it can cause more troubles than help especially for someone inexperienced in modding as me. I hope that the developers will find a way to fix this . I was thinking either allowing us to build harbors, but setting the AI never to do that if ships cause AI problems or set a land route to the nearest Iron island that is is closest to the mainland . Like for example people from the Bear island can move to the main land on foot .

Also another thing that I have noticed and which can be a bug or simply my bad luck was that on two occasions already when I am in to a battle I get an event for me meeting the other leader on the battlefield . Usually either he flees or I catch him , but on both occasions when I catch him I had almost twice his martial skills , but the battle goes the following way . I attack him , we circle around, he lunches furious attack, I fall to the ground, he tries to kill me , I roll over, get back up and then all the things start from the begging . This happens between 10-15 times in a loot of events and finally he manages to kill me . Once again I have almost twice his martial skill and I did not receive even once on both occasions an event in which i have a chance to win . All the times the events go in the way I have described. Yes again this may be simply my bad luck :D

By the way I am playing exclusively this mod since it went out and almost do not play the actual ck2 game , so great work with the mod guys :)
Manwe

PostPosted by GenghisCan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 01:48

Beric Dondarion wrote:Wildings have really 'broken' the game. The Iron Throne just sits in King's Landing forever until they all die of old age when they declare war on the iron throne

There are many ways Howland could have saved Eddard. Some fan theories are that he used the nets crannogmen are famous for, he warged into Arthur or he used some type of poison. There is no concrete evidence to show that he is as good a warrior as Arthur Dayne or even Eddard Stark.
GenghisCan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion