Dragon Tamer Laws And Dragon Theft

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Dragon Tamer Laws And Dragon Theft

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 06:52

I don't believe so, it's set as a crown law, did you check that it as a proper dependency?
SinStar87

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:51

Forgive my ignorance, I've only started playing again a a couple weeks ago. Crown laws are the ones with the little crown next to them, yes? If so, then I've got no additional laws. What version of the mod is this updated for/ compatible with?
loopy_kid

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 14:53

Yeah they have a crown, I think they are called Realm laws post conclave. This is for 1.1.2. Are you trying to use it on a save, laws might not be save compatible.
SinStar87

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Tue Apr 19, 2016 01:11

Yeah, I was trying to use it on saves. I'll try it out when I get home. Thanks Sin.
loopy_kid

PostPosted by Trotskisaurus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 21:52

Great mod! One of many of your mods I have used, really add to the depth of the game. I noticed one small issue and was a little confused regarding something else. The issue was that the laws show up completely fine however they are duplicated, so I have 'free' 'appointed' and 'blood' and then, in the same order next to those on the screen 'free' 'appointed' and 'blood' seem to show up; not actually causing an issue I can see. The thing I was confused about was Dany seems able to pass these laws even though she is only 'Kingdom' tier at the date I start, is she an exception to the rule that only Empires can pass these laws?
Trotskisaurus

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 22:37

SinStar87 wrote:It's by design, I didn't want it appearing for mega warring vassal kings. I'll work on it.

Recent redesign.

IDK why you'd be having duplicates, only thing that comes to mind is the Dragons of the East submod, it has a copy of my mod in it so if you used them together could go wonky and add them together.

Trotskisaurus wrote:Great mod! One of many of your mods I have used, really add to the depth of the game.

I'm glad :)
SinStar87

PostPosted by Trotskisaurus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 05:21

Ah that makes sense, I didn't realise it was integrated; silly Michael, thanks for that!
Trotskisaurus

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Sun Apr 24, 2016 07:28

Ignoring my prior posts before I went full Hodor, I got the laws to pop up. Obviously went straight to blood laws because I don't want my dragons falling into hands of the commonfolk. Unfortunately, House Sunglass on Dragonstone managed to get two anyway.

After blood laws were introduced Visenya passed away two years later and Vhagar took Aelinor Sunglass as a lover (no joke and it was without cheats too) and as a Rider. I'm wondering what exactly is going on? Blood Laws said that only members of the Ruling House may own dragons/ tame/ hatch etc...
loopy_kid

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 07:45

With Blood, only your dynasty should be able to use the tame and hatch decisions, but there's a tame wild dragon event where a person can stumble upon a wild dragon's nest and befriend it, I haven't touched that, in addition to this, if someone fails to tame a dragon, the dragon becomes a wild dragon. So I believe the combo of the two is allowing randoms to tame despite the laws.

I REALLY don't want to mess with that because it's a nice mechanic and a bit of interesting gameplay.

But it does seem to be a problem, so I think I'll add in an ability to use the law to remove those dragons in the next version.
SinStar87

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Tue Apr 26, 2016 00:19

Another quick question: How many dragons can one character have? Rhaenys currently has 4 and isn't sharing with her kids. I'm ever so slightly concerned about dragon's falling out of the hands of my House.

On top of this; Aelinor Sunglass, who tamed Vhagar, was in my court. She's had a dragon egg too. She was plotting to murder me. There's two issues I'd like to address:

1. I didn't get the option to steal/ take the dragon egg from her after she moved to my court. I had the option when she was based in Sweetport Sound. Do I need to levy-up and set my character as army leader, like you have to with gathering dragon-knowledge? Or is it another problem?

2. When she died after a trial by combat, because I don't accept anyone trying to murder me, the dragon egg was lost with her death, which I'm miffed about. I was wondering if that could be sorted out for the future? An event, perhaps?
loopy_kid

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 00:39

Ah, oops before figuring out there were event triggers, I deleted the not dragon rider from the code and forgot to make it player only that you can have more than 1 dragon, so characters can have multiple dragons, but only the player can gift them.

For taking eggs, you have to control the location they are at and be at war with them, I designed it that way since they probably wouldn't be carrying their eggs with them everywhere, instead keeping them in their home court. I'll add some prisoners, like courtiers, to the list of stealable eggs.
SinStar87

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Tue Apr 26, 2016 01:11

I've got no problems with Rhaenys having 4 or 5 dragons :P I'm more concerned about people taking them when she snuffs it lol.

Aelinor was my son's third wife, it makes sense, under such circumstances for her to bring the egg with her too. Also: adding modifiers for people with trusting/ paranoid traits might make people more/ less likely to bring an egg with them somewhere else. Kind of like how I'm paranoid about dragon's falling out of my House's hands; a character, upon marriage, has a choice to give away or keep their egg to keep it within their House's hands.

For example: If Aelinor had given her dragon egg to her father/ the ruler of Sweetport Sound upon her marriage to my son to keep the egg within her family because she has the paranoid trait. If she had no paranoid trait she is X times more likely to bring the egg with her.

As for the whole war + conquering their lands, could you add changes to that? For example: If you're Top Liege and have Blood Laws active, you should be able to simply demand the dragon egg back. Especially for such a low-ranking vassal, who has little to no real power anyway, I think that seems fair.

As well as a modifier if they are a rival of yours. It makes sense, then, that you'd want to take away any advantage to your rival.
loopy_kid

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 01:30

yeah, I'll make captive courtiers' eggs steal-able, rulers you'll have to control their capital.
SinStar87

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Sun May 01, 2016 12:11

Hello, me again, providing more feedback. There's a couple of things that I'd like to address that might be quite lengthy so I'll make a TL;DR at the end:

First thing is, is that you need to simplify who can tame/ hatch and who cannot. I get all these little stipulations like I have to be an independent ruler who isn't a King which, for a character in the middle of an Empire ruled by my uncle, isn't great seeing as I'm expecting to be given a crown any day now.

I'd recommend tying the Blood Laws to the Dynasty but making an exception for women or men of the Dynasty who take the name of another Dynasty. For example: Lynaerys Targaryen marries Daemon Velaryon, in a non-matrilineal marriage then she loses the right to tame/ hatch (is there a way to make a dragon rider a non-dragon rider if this occurs? Loss of a friend or something similar? Dragon flies away?)

Edit: Also (I typed this whole thing up a half day ago so I could just copy/ paste), it just let me hatch the dragon after I raised my levies to my Emperor uncle's banner to slave raid someone. I've no idea how, but all the prompts that were [X]'d out suddenly gave me the green light.

------

Second point I'd like to make a point about is about the multiple dragons that can be hatched. I've recently managed to hatch my second dragon (I know that goes against what I was talking about in earlier paragraphs, but I really have no clue what prompted me to be able to actually hatch a dragon).

My problem is, is that with the second dragon being hatched, my original dragon has been pushed to the sidelines and now every time I want to use my big dragon for a Field of Fire or to siege a Holding, it automatically reverts to my tiny dragon.

In addition to that bit, I also cannot give away said tiny dragon and any attempt I make to gift the tiny dragon always ends with me offering my bigger one (which is the one I wish to keep).

------

TL;DR : Dragon Laws need to be simplified/ perhaps be tied to Dynasty & multiple dragons cause loss of use for my bigger dragon in battle & I cannot gift away my smaller one because it automatically offers my big dragon.
loopy_kid

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun May 01, 2016 13:51

That's an or code, shouldn't affect anything if it doesn't apply to you. It allows independent counts and dukes, who don't have crown laws, to tame.
Is your uncle of your dynasty? Shouldn't be disable for any of the laws if he is.

IDK how to tie the laws to dynasties without making it decisions and that'd make the laws themselves pointless.

Yes there's codes to do that, but she's still a targ so if she's blood it'd be within the laws to allow her to be a rider, unless it's tamers then she should lose it. Will think on it.

No idea, sounds like blood was enabled but wasn't checked properly until the war, then it kicked in properly.

AGOT grabs a random dragon for it's of fire events, short of only having one dragon not much to do about it.

Ah I think I see the issue on the dragon gift. Will fix asap for the next version.
SinStar87

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun May 01, 2016 14:37

Alright, new version up, should fix some issues, allow the theft of eggs from a non ruler prisoner, and allow revoking dragons from illegal riders.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Kripox » Mon May 02, 2016 00:47

I assume this mod isn't save game compatible? I'd like to try it out but I'm pretty deep in an interesting game at the moment.
Kripox

PostPosted by Payuset » Mon May 02, 2016 02:23

first of all awesome job with the mod (and many of the others you made)

second i tried to edit the mod to better suit my tastes, but found out i have no clue on how to actually do it.

so this brings me to the point, is there a way to make it so the laws work as that, LAWS. Not divine decrees, that meaning anyone with a dragon egg can try to hatch it, and anyone who somehow got a dragon can try to tame it, but if the realm(or empire or whatever) law stipulates that only the ruling family can do so, the ruler gets just cause to imprison & execute said law breaker.
and as i said before the rant i'd like to do it as such, but have no clue at all on how to do it, so if Sin or anyone else can help i would appreciate it.
Payuset

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon May 02, 2016 04:10

Kripox wrote:I assume this mod isn't save game compatible? I'd like to try it out but I'm pretty deep in an interesting game at the moment.

I don't think it is. Someone tried that and the laws didn't appear.

Payuset wrote:...

Firstly, glad you like it :)

Yes, you change everything about this mod save the laws, then add an opinion with a crime = yes prison_reason = yes execute_reason = yes that gets added to a character when they hatch or tame a dragon illegally. AI isn't very smart so you'll have to create a bunch of modifiers for those decisions so they only do it lawfully unless ambitious enough.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Payuset » Mon May 02, 2016 04:39

thanks for the quick answer.

an instead of changing everything i had an idea, dont know how good it is, but it solves the part of everyone trying to hatch/tame illegally.

mod works as is, just add the option for low honor high ambition to just do it whatever the laws are.

Spoiler: show
OR = {
AND = {
is_ruler = no
employer = {
crownlaw_title = {
OR = {
has_law = dragon_tamer_0
AND = {
has_law = dragon_tamer_1
ROOT = {
OR = {
has_minor_title = title_dragon_tamer
higher_real_tier_than = BARON
}
}
}
AND = {
has_law = dragon_tamer_2
holder_scope = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
dynasty = ROOT
}
}
}
AND = {
whatever Ilegal tamer
}

}
}
}
}
crownlaw_title = {
OR = {
has_law = dragon_tamer_0
AND = {
has_law = dragon_tamer_1
ROOT = {
OR = {
has_minor_title = title_dragon_tamer
higher_real_tier_than = BARON
}
}
}
AND = {
has_law = dragon_tamer_2
holder_scope = {
OR = {
character = ROOT
dynasty = ROOT
}
}
}
AND = {
whatever ilegal tamer
}

}
}
AND = {
lower_tier_than = KING
independent = yes
NOT = { has_any_opinion_modifier = opinion_de_facto_liege }
}
}

edit: ugh how does one make the code look readable in the forum?
Payuset

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods