My Valyrian Steel Swords.

For any gfx related subject (flags, portraits, icons, interface...)

My Valyrian Steel Swords.

PostPosted by aracil » Thu Aug 27, 2015 00:37

When I first started, I didn't know what I was doing so I'd just take parts of other swords and change the colors and whatnot. As I got more proficient I made them mostly from scratch. Mods you are welcome to use them if you like any of them.

Image - Bastet
Image - Bloodbloom
Image - Cataclysm
Image - Exile
Image - Extinction
Image - Futility
Image - Headsman's Herald
Image - Houndsbreath
Image - Judgment
Image - Lionheart
Image - Prophecy
Image - Raging Storm
Image - Shadow's Fall
Image - Sovereign
Image - Spiderbite

Bonus:
Image - Blackfyre modification based on AWoIaF art.
Image - Dark Sister remake based on AWoIaF art.
Image - Runic Armor for House Royce.
aracil

Re: My Valyrian Steel Swords.

PostPosted by ptlans » Thu Aug 27, 2015 05:58

Very well done
ptlans

PostPosted by aracil » Thu Aug 27, 2015 17:55

ptlans wrote:Very well done

Thank you!
aracil

PostPosted by thezerech » Wed Sep 02, 2015 00:09

Wow, those are some really nice Swords! Is it just me who thinks that we should add more Valyrian swords into the base mod? Because I always thought that there were too many Specific swords, like Skinpeeler which is clearly meant for House Bolton. I always like to make custom houses with themes, for example, House Barkly, their sigil Was a Orange dog on a black backround, and they were supposed to be very honorable. Once I got a Valyrian Steel sword I wans't sure what to reforge it too, obviously your Houndsbreath would have been perfect. Again Great Swords!
thezerech

PostPosted by aracil » Wed Sep 02, 2015 15:24

thezerech wrote:Wow, those are some really nice Swords! Is it just me who thinks that we should add more Valyrian swords into the base mod? Because I always thought that there were too many Specific swords, like Skinpeeler which is clearly meant for House Bolton. I always like to make custom houses with themes, for example, House Barkly, their sigil Was a Orange dog on a black backround, and they were supposed to be very honorable. Once I got a Valyrian Steel sword I wans't sure what to reforge it too, obviously your Houndsbreath would have been perfect. Again Great Swords!

Thanks! When I start a game, I like to give swords out to powerful houses and just see how things go as the game progresses. I'll do Bloodbloom for Tyrell/Gardener, Judgement for Arryn, Raging Storm for Baratheon/Durrandon, Exile for Velaryon, etc. Many of them are themed specifically for that reason. Bastet, Futility, and Prophecy are swords I made for custom dynasties that I added to the mod representing my, my fiance's, and a friend of mine's families. :)
aracil

PostPosted by Demantiae » Tue Sep 22, 2015 23:41

I'd live more of these swords to be in the base game. Last time I tried to add in new swords something went wrong in the localisations and they wouldn't work. I find that lots of AI families end up with swords after a couple generations and I like to console swap them with named weapons. More choice would be great.
Demantiae

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Wed Sep 23, 2015 13:10

Hmmm care if I borrow these for my submod? I'm always in the looks for adding more to the collection. And right now with nothing else to do might as well start prepping things.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by aracil » Tue Jul 12, 2016 14:47

Sorry to necro this thread, but I can't reply to PMs because I haven't posted enough. :(

LancelotLoire - I wouldn't be opposed to you using my swords, as long as you use my descriptions as well. Some of the swords are assigned to custom houses that I've created in my game, but I suppose I could create new descriptions for those. I don't want them to be reforgable either, because then some of their descriptions wouldn't fit. In my game, I've modified the Valyrian steel sword acquisition events to include a small chance to get one of my swords instead of a generic sword. Were you just going to implement them in a manner where one has to use the console to acquire them?
aracil

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Tue Jul 12, 2016 22:30

I was wanting to just include them like I've done with the new ones I've added in CO yeah. Where they are all coded and everything for all events and the like, but that the person actually has to manually give them to their characters. IE: no forging additions.

As for descriptions, here's an example of the description I use.
ashbringer_desc;A sword crafted of Valyrian Steel.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Not exactly a full description or anything, but it gets what it is across, and I always expect people to change the descriptions to suit their needs.

Of the names you have, I'd probably only want to change bastet to something else. Oh and of course new names for the blackfyre and darksister modifications so can do 2 extra swords rather than replace.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by aracil » Wed Jul 13, 2016 02:45

I can give you my localization file with my descriptions. I put a TON of work into making these swords and I'd really like the descriptions to go with them. Here are a couple of examples from my newer swords:

valor;Valor;Valor;;;Valor;;;;;;;;;x
valor_desc;Valor, a Valryian steel greatsword, once belonged to a powerful Valyrian Dragonlord of House Belaerys. The sword was a gift for the young lord, given on the day he became a dragonrider. Valor saw many battles as the Freehold's power spread. It, along with the entire Belaerys family, was lost in the Doom.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

desolation;Desolation;Desolation;;;Desolation;;;;;;;;;x
desolation_desc;This Valyrian steel greataxe is adorned with the head of its first victim, a Rhoynar king. After the destruction of the Kingdom of the Rhoynar, the skull was dipped in Valyrian steel and set upon the haft to serve as a message to those who would dare oppose the Freehold.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

If you're cool with using them, I can put everything up on my google drive for you.

I don't mind changing Bastet's name. My wife is obsessed with ancient Egypt, so that's what she chose for her house's sword name, but I never liked it. lol
aracil

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Wed Jul 13, 2016 09:39

Hmm, as long as the rest are like those two, then that sounds just fine. My only concern was that the descriptions not target living houses during the time of the game. So like, no ancestral swords of house Frey or Arryn or Clegane lol.

And for Bastet mostly it's down to just not being very lore friendly.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sat Jul 16, 2016 13:09

soooo the link?
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by aracil » Sun Jul 17, 2016 03:27

Can you PM me your email so I can send it directly to you? I still can't PM yet.
aracil

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sun Jul 17, 2016 03:46

and sent.
LancelotLoire

Return to Graphics and Art