The planet of Goshen

Feel free to discuss anything not related to the mod or A Game of Thrones here

Chapter 10 is now up

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 23:56

As always, you can read it here. Final chapter, Epilogue, will be posted next week.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/109086055 ... ance/parts
SinStar87

Final Chapter is now up

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 01:16

The final chapter of A Tale of Intrigue is now up on wattpad. I hope you've enjoyed it. For those of you who've read it, thanks. :)

As always you can find it here
https://www.wattpad.com/story/109086055 ... ance/parts
SinStar87

Tale of Intrigue Going on Sale and Other Plans

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 08:58

A few people suggested we put it up for sale, Herc and I have talked about it and agree, so that will happen some time soon(not 100% sure when). But that also means we'll probably have to pull it from Wattpad since free version seem to be a big no no for Amazon. Anything to say on the matter, please post them, would love to hear what everyone has to say.

On to other stories, would anyone be interesting in the short story, Gawei Invasion? Think about posting it. For those that don't know:
Introduction to Levytan Tributaries - The Gawei Invasion

Young Erente, heir to the Noble Levytan House Otanij, nears the age of majority according to Levytan traditions and for the past two years he has been under the tutelage of a wise mentor, learning the means and responsibilities of the rule he would one day be called to employ for the peoples of the League of Levyt.

While young Erente copes with a bedridden mother nearing term with his sibling and his father busy with duties in the League council and unable to devote to home life, a tutor prepares a study for the young noble on the beginnings of the Levytan league in the Gawei Invasion some two hundred years in the past.
SinStar87

Levytan Tributaries - The Gawei Invasion is up

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 09:22

Here's the Short Story, The Gawei Invasion, which follows Young Erente as he learns about the first war with Gawei fought some 200 years before.

You can read it here.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/118072498 ... ries/parts

Next Tuesday, A Tale of Intrigue goes up on sale.
SinStar87

Tale of Intrigue on Sale

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 21:03

Goshen Sagas: A Tale of Intrigue and Reconnaissance, is now available for sale. Thanks for everyone here who encouraged me :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My First book, Goshen Sagas: A Tale of Intrigue and Reconnaissance, is now available for sale

Paperback Version

Amazon eBook Version

Smashwords eBook Version

First 3 chapters on Wattpad

If you read the story, please give me an honest review all every site. Whether you liked it or hated, every review will help.
SinStar87

Re: The planet of Goshen

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 04:00

Dillon and I are working hard to finish Editing of Days of Strife since 8-19-2017 marks the 2 year anniversary of him and I working on Goshen together and so we want to have it ready for publishing then. In anticipation of this, we are going to release about 10 chapters from the book between now and then.

We hope you'll enjoy them.

#GoshenSagas
SinStar87

6 Chapters of Days of Strife Up

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 05:02

SinStar87

11 Chapters from Days of Strife now Up

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 00:59

All Public chapters of Days of Strife are now up, you can read them here. #GoshenSagas

https://www.wattpad.com/story/119197001 ... rife/parts
SinStar87

Goshen: Good News, Bad News

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 06:21

We tried to push through the edits, putting in all the spare time we could, but sadly we didn't make the 8/19 release goal.

But we are pushing through it to get it done ASAP. Along with that, we've commissioned a couple of covers.

Here's The Grey March Cover Concept
https://twitter.com/SinStar87/status/899135674988847104

And for anyone who hasn't visited our Days of Strife on Wattpad(You all did right?)
Here's the Days of Strife Cover
https://twitter.com/SinStar87/status/899135507266973696
SinStar87

Days of Strife Released

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 20:28

We've finally finished it!
Grey March and Gawei Romances have finished editing. Dillon Sapp and I have put them together in the collected works of Days of Strife and present it to you. We hope you enjoy them.

Amazon eBook
https://www.amazon.com/Goshen-Sagas-Str ... B074ZSQWLP
Smashwords eBook
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/743760
Paperback
https://www.createspace.com/7482770

And if you haven't already, you can also get A Tale of Intrigue here.

Paperback Version

Amazon eBook Version

Smashwords eBook Version
SinStar87

People gave me pics of the Goshen Sagas

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 01:05

Got pics of da books from people who bought them. Much Prides :)

A Tale of Intrigue

Days of Strife
SinStar87

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 03:05

So one of my favorite activities is "Judging books by their covers"

A Tale of Intrigue: First off the font type is nice. Easy to read, has a bit of flare to it but not overpowering. Feels like it pops off the cover which is nice. The shadowy figure standing in the front is a bit off putting with the color style behind him. It would have been better to go full colored or monochromatic I think. Changing the black of his robes to like a still dark brown, a little color to his face.. Or the reverse of graying out the sea behind him on the map. For the Days of Strife cover... The map in the background is much nicer, but the crests up front are a bit distracting I think. If those were dropped off it would have greatly improved the front cover (better addition for the back of the cover?)

As a reference, this is one of my all time favorite book covers...
Spoiler: show
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 06:22

Ah. I'm more minimalist myself, title, author, maybe a simple associated image. But my co creator likes the grandiose, so I played more to his interests in concepts for shipping to artists. "The eBooks are for reading, the physical copies are for displaying." - Dillon's thoughts
Have to say, I'm happy with them as they are, much better than the concept pieces we sent over.
SinStar87

GoodReads Page for Days of Strife

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 06:23

Days of Strife GoodReads page for reviews, if you've read it I'd appreciate a review, good or bad. (Or if you just want to screw with my self-esteem and tell me how much I suck.)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/361 ... shen-sagas
SinStar87

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 07:39

Absolutely nothing wrong with minimalist either. Those crossed torches on each book with a blank background and the title over the torches. A pretty decent book cover setup there. Truth be told though I keep all of my books on shelves in my closet where nobody can see them lol.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 23:27

"Hey man, been dying to know, what's in this closet?" *Rushes over and slams the door* "That's not for you!"
"I, uh. Umm. I think I'll go..."

*Leaves the house and Lancelot opens the door, glorious golden light and musty book smell pour out*

"My preciouses, noone but I shall look upon thee. Noone." *A weird orgasmic sound escapes Lancelot and he slowly closes the door.*
SinStar87

PostPosted by foxwillow » Thu Aug 31, 2017 18:49

LancelotLoire wrote:So one of my favorite activities is "Judging books by their covers"

A Tale of Intrigue: First off the font type is nice. Easy to read, has a bit of flare to it but not overpowering. Feels like it pops off the cover which is nice. The shadowy figure standing in the front is a bit off putting with the color style behind him. It would have been better to go full colored or monochromatic I think. Changing the black of his robes to like a still dark brown, a little color to his face.. Or the reverse of graying out the sea behind him on the map. For the Days of Strife cover... The map in the background is much nicer, but the crests up front are a bit distracting I think. If those were dropped off it would have greatly improved the front cover (better addition for the back of the cover?)

As a reference, this is one of my all time favorite book covers...

as the designer who made his original "tale of intrigue" cover i was going to counter you, but once you linked your favorite cover, the fact that i find it hideous means i'm just gonna take a chill on "different strokes different folks"

:p :lol:
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Fri Sep 01, 2017 09:46

I said one of my favorites, not my favorite :p

Nine Princes of Amber

Or like one of the many styles of lord of the rings sets.

Or go fully sexy, like this song of ice and fire set... which I'm definitely now looking for.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by foxwillow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 14:47

LancelotLoire wrote:I said one of my favorites, not my favorite :p

Nine Princes of Amber

Or like one of the many styles of lord of the rings sets.

Or go fully sexy, like this song of ice and fire set... which I'm definitely now looking for.

ok those are better. from a design standpoint Nine Princes one is pretty campy and our sad societal reliance on Futura makes it bland but it also looks old so it is what it is.

that style of LOTR is nice and clean, but also not a big attention-grabber at all. i'm betting that once a franchise is well-known they can put out minimalist covers where it doesn't adversely affect sales.

the asoiaf set is obviously "sexy" like you said, but that's much less literal design and much more cost and quality of materials. like standard flat print of that we would not be happy with. :P but i do want them now too :lol:

side note, would we consider those sigils to be book canon. since they are literally on the book?

edit: guess those aren't as nice as they look? http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2011/09 ... ng-of.html
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sat Sep 02, 2017 09:38

Nine Princes came out in like 1970, and I think that may be the original cover for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zL-DuJAZgs here's a video. It also showcases a very smexy covered set of Portuguese additions of A Game of Thrones (in two parts).

I'm kind of at a loss now because only pricing I could find for the set was upto/over $1000. Makes me wonder a lot in why we are stuck with so many horribly ugly looking covers but one of the few smexy looking ones aren't getting made anymore?
LancelotLoire

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic