PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Bug Reports

Report any problems with the mod here

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Known Bugs

PostPosted by borgboy0 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 03:10

not sure if its a bug but when i fight for the targs in the usurper's war...i fought against Ned Stark's army and every time i came upon him in the middle of battle he ran away...might just be my martial which was 21 or so but i don't think he should run from the battle....sorry if this isn't a bug lol but i think it should be
borgboy0

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Tue Aug 07, 2012 07:50

borgboy0 wrote:not sure if its a bug but when i fight for the targs in the usurper's war...i fought against Ned Stark's army and every time i came upon him in the middle of battle he ran away...might just be my martial which was 21 or so but i don't think he should run from the battle....sorry if this isn't a bug lol but i think it should be

Aye, i cant find the event. The only criticism i have of this mod is the use of factors in events. Some of them are very :S Or weighted in a :S fashion. :S = the face i have IRL when i read them.

post11149.html#p11149

I have a small list of the best duelists in the wotu. This doesn't effect who runs from battle, nor who would win in a tournament duel but it indicates inconsistency and strange factors/weighting of traits.
Fashbinder
Mod Team

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Aug 07, 2012 21:22

Fashbinder wrote:Aye, i cant find the event. The only criticism i have of this mod is the use of factors in events. Some of them are very :S Or weighted in a :S fashion. :S = the face i have IRL when i read them.

Fashbinder wrote:
Yeah fair enough it makes sense but it's a fairly unfun mechanic that weights MTTH childhood events more than how you tried to raise a character/dynasty.

If we break it down into a points system for people who dont like/cant read scripts:

2 points per level of 'swordsman'
2 points for valyrian steel
2 points for strong*
2 points for genius*
1.5 for quick*
2 points for brave*
2 points for wroth
1.5 for deceitful*
4 points for tall

* = if opponent has opposite trait he loses that many points
theres also penalties for physical deformities(-4)/sick(-1.5)/maimed(-4) etc but they seem pretty decent

War of the Usurper Characters - Stannis is the example of a seemingly good character who isnt rewarded in the script. Why not love for knight trait?
Edumere of Harrenhall -0.75 (wink)
King Aerys 0
Magnar Styr 2 points
Stannis Baratheon 4 points
Gerald Hightower 4.5 - Kings Guard
Ptyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish 5.5 points
Tyran of Lannisport 5.5
Jamie Lannister 8 points
Balon Greyjoy 8 points
Dunstin Drumm 9.5
Alester Sarwyck 9.5
Rhaegar Targaryn 9.5
Ned Stark 10
Arthur 'sword of mourning' Dane 12 - Kings Guard
Robert Baratheon 12
Jeor Mormont 12
Randyll Tarly 12
Jorah Mormont 13.5 (Sword inheritance!)

If we then look at tournaments (my new favourite event with AGOT medals, ty knuckey) martial is included but the impact is miniscule.

Age/tourney experience are great factors.
A skilled squire is awesome, as jamie lannister discussed with his cousin before he killed him.
Other factors are insignificant (brave/strong/tall) and are offset by age.

I guess the summary/request is not to push the martial stat into its 'covers army V army' combat. Think of base stats as all encompassing with traits a specialty that add bonuses to the base. A brilliant strategists commanding skills add to his all encompassing martial, as does a master warrior's swordsmanship. I guess i just feel the martial skill is worthless as its written off in battles by stacks and isn't included in events to any worth. (at the moment)

Considering MTTH's randomness i really do feel adding a 0.95 factor per martial skill to 30 will make users feel like their character has worth and will allow Stannis to beat Petyr Baelish in combat. Also add factors for knight trait, pretty sure its nowhere in an script.

I think I would take you more seriously in your claim the event factors are :S if you knew what you were talking about.

You have just added up the modifiers. For a start I checked Stannis and petyr baelish's modifiers in duels and found taking stannis' traits his chances are multiplied by 8 and petyr baelish's are multiplied by 6, and if Stannis had skilled warrior like he probably should have it would be 48 to 6.

Then you say martial effects in tourneys are minuscule, when in fact if a character has 20 martial they would have a modifier of around 1.46, more than for being a formidable warrior.

Martial portrays command, combat traits combat ability. and also anyone can become a knight in westeros, it's not really a representation of how good someone is at fighting. Is Dontos Hollard any better at fighting against Ned Stark because he is a knight and ned is not?
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:53

knuckey wrote:I think I would take you more seriously in your claim the event factors are :S if you knew what you were talking about.

I agree :( I think using factors additively as opposed to multpilicativly was a mistake :P

knuckey wrote: For a start I checked Stannis and petyr baelish's modifiers in duels and found taking stannis' traits his chances are multiplied by 8 and petyr baelish's are multiplied by 6,

That was the point i was trying to make :P Showing it as an added number, while incorrect, shows the individual weight/worth of each trait.

knuckey wrote:Then you say martial effects in tourneys are minuscule,

I'd just like guys like robert baratheon to be rewarded for having 30 martial moreso than a clone with 20 martial. Without martial playing a factor, i'll make stewards and councillers educated under wrothful/brave/tall/strong/formidable fighter guardians and be just as effective in tournaments/duels. Killing an enemy leader/war leader morale bonuses/effect on the war surpass the bonuses given in leadership traits/+6 martial. I just want the game to a point where i can't decide what is obviously 'the best' way to raise an heir.

knuckey wrote:and also anyone can become a knight in westeros

I guess the point i was trying to make in the whole thread is that the average player doesn't want to traul through event files looking for what he needs to become good at duels and tournaments. The stannis/baelish example showed that there was potential for wishy washy outcomes where traits that don't seem to relate to combat were being used with equal weighting to those that do.

Is it fun losing to 15 martial trained fighters as a brilliant strategist, formidable fighter with 30 martial.
Does the average player want to see a 30 and 4 stars and think 'im good at fighting' or do they have to micro each trait for each event. ** see borgboy
mtth will always keep it random, you'll never win 100% of tournaments but i'd really like to improve the odds for a player who really focuses on this area. (Buy picking +martial traits)

borgboy0 wrote:...i fought against Ned Stark's army and every time i came upon him in the middle of battle he ran away...might just be my martial which was 21 or so but i don't think he should run from the battle....

Its for people like this.
Fashbinder
Mod Team

PostPosted by Onyxja » Sun Aug 12, 2012 01:48

I guess the point i was trying to make in the whole thread is that the average player doesn't want to traul through event files looking for what he needs to become good at duels and tournaments. The stannis/baelish example showed that there was potential for wishy washy outcomes where traits that don't seem to relate to combat were being used with equal weighting to those that do.

Is it fun losing to 15 martial trained fighters as a brilliant strategist, formidable fighter with 30 martial.
Does the average player want to see a 30 and 4 stars and think 'im good at fighting' or do they have to micro each trait for each event. ** see borgboy
mtth will always keep it random, you'll never win 100% of tournaments but i'd really like to improve the odds for a player who really focuses on this area. (Buy picking +martial traits)

Oh no think of the more casual players!!!.....
Yea in a mod to a paradox grand strategy game, that sounds intelligent -.-
Onyxja

PostPosted by Daemon Blackfyre » Wed Aug 15, 2012 14:30

House Lorch have no arms
but here is Lorch manticore
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Amory_Lorch

In your sources http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Houses/6/ this image was'nt available
Daemon Blackfyre

PostPosted by tompalmer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 17:46

I did his
Writing a book about history of war
Stay updated about the mod by email !
ImageImage
tompalmer
Mod Team

PostPosted by Daemon Blackfyre » Wed Aug 15, 2012 21:08

tompalmer wrote:I did his

Nice work

I was not trying to suggest that it is my work :D :lol:
Daemon Blackfyre

PostPosted by tompalmer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 00:23

Writing a book about history of war
Stay updated about the mod by email !
ImageImage
tompalmer
Mod Team

PostPosted by Rhaegar_Turambar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 03:49

Edric Dayne is Lord of Starfall, not the heir.
And in my game, LP Beyond the Wall is created... that it's a bug? i integrate to the Iron Throne, but seems really weird to me.
Rhaegar_Turambar

PostPosted by laker226 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 05:53

Ya forgot edric was the lord of starfall, not heir. Also in a storm of swords when talking to arya he says hes 12, so i had the age wrong as well. Also wasn't darkstar lord or sir(whichever it might be) of high hermitage. Roberts heir the the vale is one of the royces, what happened to harry harding(sp?)
laker226

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04

laker226 wrote:Ya forgot edric was the lord of starfall, not heir. Also in a storm of swords when talking to arya he says hes 12, so i had the age wrong as well. Also wasn't darkstar lord or sir(whichever it might be) of high hermitage.

House Dayne has been revised for the next patch, all this will be in.

laker226 wrote: Roberts heir the the vale is one of the royces, what happened to harry harding(sp?)

Paradox's succession laws are very bugged atm, hence the arryn succession is all screwed up. The best we can do atm is give harry the heir a claim on the vale.

It may also be a good idea to add the Arryn of Gulltown cadet branch, so they dont die out so easy.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Daemon Blackfyre » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:46

Rhaegar_Turambar wrote:And in my game, LP Beyond the Wall is created... that it's a bug? i integrate to the Iron Throne, but seems really weird to me.

In my game Greyjoy Iron King was also King Beyond the Wall

Little issue - Prince Viserys have no lunatic trait(war of usurper scenario)
Daemon Blackfyre

PostPosted by jeremias920 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 05:05

Little issue - Prince Viserys have no lunatic trait(war of usurper scenario)

Dany says things that hint Viserys went insane during their exile.
jeremias920

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Tue Sep 04, 2012 06:26

Daemon Blackfyre wrote:Little issue - Prince Viserys have no lunatic trait(war of usurper scenario)

It's added via scenario event, need to press play for 2 seconds.
Fashbinder
Mod Team

PostPosted by laker226 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 14:14

Not a bug, im pretty sure its intended. King Rheagar has earned the nickname Bookwyvryn. Maybe its just me but i really don't like it.

Edit-Even with the valyrians loving their y's think it would look better with an e at the least(IMHO)
Also noticed fireball doesnt have his nick or his bastard son. Should also have a wife who was a silent sister.(Quentyn Ball)
laker226

PostPosted by HobbesMkii » Fri Sep 14, 2012 17:02

I fixed the Ryswell women's birthdates about a month ago.
HobbesMkii
Mod Team

PostPosted by knuckey » Fri Sep 14, 2012 17:47

sweet, updated
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by TheYoungWolf910 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 07:07

When playing NW, heirs drop like flies. It seems like a bug to me. It's an unnatural amount of death in a short amount of time. Also, as TKINT I picked up a Frey claimant on the westerlands, which were currently independent, and could not declare war against Tyrion.
TheYoungWolf910

PostPosted by knuckey » Mon Sep 17, 2012 09:29

Do you have a save from when either of these problems were occuring?
knuckey
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports