Submod Requests Thread

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Submod Requests Thread

PostPosted by Borderline5 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 14:49

hi every just wondering if you guys could make a mod for a bookmark to found the empire of valyria or pre doom bookmark
Borderline5

PostPosted by karmaepsilon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 00:01

Just a minor tweak to stop characters already granted Cadet Houses from requesting Legitimization, it's really screwed with both my normal dynasty building and my dynasty RPing, I was trying to set up a Blackfyre style problem :(
Also in pre-Aegon the Unworthy's death I've had him legitimize ALL the bastards fully. A lot.

They fixed this in the main mod and I didn't notice because I had to replace the bastards text file in a sub-mod with the new one lol.
Last edited by karmaepsilon on Tue Jan 03, 2017 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
karmaepsilon

PostPosted by Aszrayel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 09:26

Kingsroad extended to Castle Black.
Aszrayel

PostPosted by Opunium » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:42

A way to browse hidden COAs. I have three CK2 dynasty shield DLC as well, it would be cool to use them as well. So instead of being stuck with the generic COAs (with their ugly colours that make not a lot of sense) we would be able to browse all the COAs available. We could edit out bastard's dynasty to really use some variation of our own, instead of a generic brown shovel on a skyblue background COA. Using OTL European COAs would give an extra advantage since they wouldnt be used at all, yet provide good heraldry.
Opunium

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 18:37

Opunium wrote:A way to browse hidden COAs. I have three CK2 dynasty shield DLC as well, it would be cool to use them as well. So instead of being stuck with the generic COAs (with their ugly colours that make not a lot of sense) we would be able to browse all the COAs available. We could edit out bastard's dynasty to really use some variation of our own, instead of a generic brown shovel on a skyblue background COA. Using OTL European COAs would give an extra advantage since they wouldnt be used at all, yet provide good heraldry.

Pretty sure that is not possible unless you went through and manually added every coa into one giant file to be used by the customiser and ruler designer dlcs
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by kailstark » Thu Jan 19, 2017 03:26

I've been thinking about a submod for a while, but I've never modded anything and can't figure out how to do it. In the Ck2Plus mod there is decision where you can click on anyone in your court and grant them estates then a popup opens and asks how big of an estate you want to grant. There are 3 levels that cost the player a different amount of gold (small, medium, large) and each provide the recipient a small yearly income (i think Small is only 10 gold a year, medium is around 15 and large is around 20). This also gives the recipient the title of Lord, though that would probably be changed to something else for AGOT. It also gives a small opinion boost to your character. The estates can be passed on the oldest child once the holder dies (goes off realm inheritance?).

I think this would be an awesome addition to this mod as a way to give income and titles to younger sons/daughters if you want, but don't actually make them leave your court or give them any of your land.
kailstark

PostPosted by IthnanCryo » Sat Jan 28, 2017 07:50

So I was looking at some other mods for ck2 just to mess around with and I saw a very cool and fair feature in the elder kings mod. It allows you to set the training level our troops go through by laws in exchange for bonuses in combat and drawbacks in economy. I really love the idea of having a small elite force instead of having just a numbers advantage. I dont know if this is even possible for this mod ((Im not a modder in the slightest lol)) but if there is a chance it could happen I would love for you to make something exactly or at least similar to this mechanic. Thanks for reading and heres hoping it can be done lol. :lol:
IthnanCryo

PostPosted by Mitza8 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 22:16

I would've posted this as a suggestion, but making a submod is less stressful than adding something in the main mod. I would make it myself, but I'm still noobish when trying to mod, so I'm failing miserably in this case.

I would like an event that targets a second or third son of a family that has at least skilled warrior and any command trait, that would make him a celibate, or maybe disinherited. I'm talking Brynden Tully, Asher Forrester, or Bonnifer Hasty stuff over here. Unlanded knights who don't want titles nor kids, just the thrill of fight. These characters would get an event to ask for employment into someone's court, or seldom join mercenary bands.

If the modder has time, this could go in a bigger direction, with maybe an "unlanded adventurer/warrior" trait that gives them some bonuses(maybe?) and makes them a bit more likely to accept a place in the kingsguard/moat cailin/gold cloaks commandship/bloody gate. Also, if they get to be the last males in their line, they could get an event to settle down and keep their family going.
'For the internet is dark and full of spoilers'
Mitza8

PostPosted by motiff » Sat Feb 11, 2017 13:18

Cheat action to add a person to a dead dynasty

I really hate important dynasties dying out :D I do know I can edit a savegame, but an in-game menu would be much easier.
motiff

PostPosted by motiff » Tue Feb 21, 2017 13:10

Anti-piracy mod:

Chain of events and decisions to fight piracy. For instance, as the King you could fight against the pirates of the Basilisk Isles and the Stepstones, free all their slaves and then either forbid them from pirating or conquer these lands, turning them from pirate hubs into normal places of living. There could be some decisions/events inspired by real ironborn lore, i.e. pirates being forbidden from pirating and trying to cope with new reality. Prominent pirate lords could be offered to settle with lands and become nobility or die. Other things could include bringing settlers, building new holdings, starting actual commerce in the region, making these lands the new centre of naval power of the Iron Throne. I think this is not too far-fetched since the Stepstones were a target of conquest by the Iron Throne at least once. There is an anti-piracy CB, but the whole thing lacks flavour.
motiff

PostPosted by armychowmein » Wed Feb 22, 2017 07:14

Is it possible to make a submod which allows a player to return a valyrian steel sword after killing the owner in a duel? The option to return it could be tied to prestige or piety or traits and the option to keep it could be likewise based. Also, if you decided to keep the sword, can you make it possible to replace it with a regular valyrian steel sword (symbolizing melting it down) which you can then reforge?
armychowmein

PostPosted by loopy_kid » Wed Feb 22, 2017 07:20

EDIT: I've removed the original post.

Could Sweetport sound be moved to the north-east of Dragonstone and attached to it similar to Driftmark? And Claw Isle be disconnected from the land? I'm really not liking how Sweetport & Claw Isle are now both connected to mainland Westeros. These 'water bridges' as I've dubbed them are a blight on this mod.
loopy_kid

PostPosted by Aszrayel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 08:58

If possible, different levels of "donation" tiers to the Citadel for new maesters. For example, the first tier of donation would give you a maester with either first or second level of religious education, second tier of donation would give you a maester with third level religious education, and the third and top tier donation would give you a maester with fourth level religious education.
Aszrayel

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 09:56

Added it to the list, forgot to post that for the others as well.
SinStar87

Previous

Return to Sub-Mods