More Bookmarks v3.3

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

More Bookmarks v3.3

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 21:06

There are many different time period to play as in the mod, however only a few of them have been fully fleshed out with events and they have been given set bookmarks. However if you go to many key dates in the history of a song of ice and fire in the mod you will find the wars and even sometimes a few events to go with them even though they are not bookmarks which often times causes them to not be too well known.
This sub-mod contains many of those date and other ones I felt where important and gives them easily acccessible.

The currently added bookmakrs are:
Spoiler: show
  • The Crowned Dragon (1AL) - Aegon the Conqueror has just been crowned King and his realm is still adjusting to his new rule, will he continue to hold onto his new lands or will the Lords and Ladies of Westeros prove too unruly...
  • The Targaryen Rule (11AL) - Aegon the Conqueror has been crowned King and his realm is at peace, but for how long...
  • Death of the Conqueror (38AL) - The first King of Westeros has died, will this next King continue the stability or will the realm devolve into war?
  • Rise of the Three Daughters (96AL) - Myr, Lys and Tyrosh unite in a war against Volantis to found a Triarchy of their own.
  • Fall of the Three Daughters (130AL) - After many losses from the Dance of the Dragons, the Kingdom of the Three Daughters is under attack, will it be able to survive and carry on its alliance or will it collapse?
  • The Holy King (195AL) - Baelor the Blessed has ascended to the throne, will this pious King bring long peace to the realm or will he be a militant zealot?
  • The Third Blackfyre Rebellion (219AL) - After the short lived second Blackfyre Rebellion, will Haegon Blackfyre with the backing of Aegor Bittersteel and the Golden Company be able to take the throne from the Targaryens?
  • Raymun Redbeard's Invasion (226AL) - Raymun Redbeard has united the Wildlings and crowned himself King Beyond-the-Wall, now he and his armies march south beyond the wall to attack Westeros.
  • The Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion (236AL) - Daemon Blackfyre eldest son of Haegon Blackfyre has attacked the Iron Throne in the hopes to finish what his father started and take the throne for the black dragons.
  • Laughing Storm Rebellion (239AL) - Prince Duncan the Small has broken his betrothal to Lord Paramount of the Stormlands Lyonel "The Laughing Storm" Baratheons's daughter to marry a commoner, how will the Laughing Storm respond to this insult to his House?
  • Defiance of Duskendale (276AL) - Lord Denys Darklyn has imprisoned King Aerys Targaryen after refusing to pay increased taxes, the entire realm holds its breath as to the Crown's next move.
  • The Year of the False Spring (280AL) - The Kingswood Brotherhood has been defeated and Jaime Lannister knighted and sworn into the Kingsguard, The Tourney of Harrenahl looming round the corner and the belief that winter is finally ending. The year that started one of the greatest changes in Westeros since the War of Conquest nearly 300 years ago, how will it all play out?
  • The Parley at Storm's End (299AL) - Both Lord Stannis and Lord Reanly have crowned themselves as Kings, now they arrive at Storm's End to parley and decide who between them should be King. Meanwhile in the rest of Westeros three others have named themselves King, Robb Stark the King in the North, Joffrey Baratheon who sits atop the Iron Throne and Balon Greyjoy in the Iron Isles. But there can only be one true King of Westeros, cold winds are rising and war is coming.

Changelog:
Code: Select all
v3.3:
- Added a new bookmark "The Parley at Storm's End" set just before the A Clash of Kings bookmark when Renly is still alive.

v3.2:
- Fixed wrong Stormland LP character in Redbeard Rebellion

v3.1:
- Fixed Laughing Storm typo
- Fixed two incorrect characters of interest in Fall of the Three Daughters and Third Blackfyre Rebellion bookmarks

v3:
- Moved Fall of the Three Daughters bookmarks back to 8130 (130AL) to correspond with war
- Added a Westeros Only version

v2:
- Moved The Crowned Dragon bookmark back to 8001 (1 AL)
- Added The Targaryen Rule bookmark

v1:
- Initial Release

Current Version: v3.3
Compatible with CK2: v2.7.1
Compatible with AGOT: v1.4.1

This should be compatible with any mod that doesn't change bookmarks which as far as I know is none at the moment.
If you wish to use parts of this submod in any of your own mods ask me for permission and I'll decide (probably a no).

Download Link
Westeros Only Download Link
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Re: More Bookmarks v1

PostPosted by Legitimized Jon Snow » Fri Nov 06, 2015 22:07

Oh My God I love you for this!!!!! So do all of these bookmarks have events like the base-mod ones?
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris
Legitimized Jon Snow

PostPosted by rothn89 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 22:17

is there an event for the tourney at harrenhal
rothn89

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 22:18

Legitimized Jon Snow wrote:Oh My God I love you for this!!!!! So do all of these bookmarks have events like the base-mod ones?

They have a small intro event and a couple of them have some background stuff, the Laughing Storm bookmark has some stuff that was added into the main mod anyways but now there is a bookmark for it, the redbeard invasion one gives him a bunch of troops to help out, the Blackfyre Invasions have the same mechanics as the AFFC Aegon invasion, the year of the false sprig bookmark has some background stuff to fix a few things like a couple or marriages and make jaime a memeber of the kingsguard as well as start a tourney at Harrenahl.
I am planning on adding in some events for a couple of the bookmarks later on..

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by nevermore0714 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 22:32

Awesome! Now if only you'd add religious intermarriage for Valyrians/Seven-ites and update More Decisions, you would be my hero. My absolute hero.
nevermore0714

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 00:27

nevermore0714 wrote:Awesome! Now if only you'd add religious intermarriage for Valyrians/Seven-ites and update More Decisions, you would be my hero. My absolute hero.

Easy fix add the line "intermarriage name of religion" in your religion.txt file
jagged0

PostPosted by nevermore0714 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 07:11

I tried that, but it still says that they won't accept an offer from an infidel. I did "intermarry = the_seven" right underneath "intermarry = old_gods"
nevermore0714

PostPosted by andy020899 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 14:28

The download link does not work :(

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like dropbox is having some issues, but i will definetly download this mod, looks cool :D
Last edited by andy020899 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
andy020899

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 14:32

andy020899 wrote:The download link does not work :(

It definitely does, just tested it now.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by andy020899 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 14:39

andy020899 wrote:EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like dropbox is having some issues, but i will definetly download this mod, looks cool :D
blackninja9939 wrote:
andy020899 wrote:The download link does not work :(

It definitely does, just tested it now.
andy020899

PostPosted by ShawnH » Sat Nov 07, 2015 19:51

Sounds fantastic. I've played a few of these dates before, and this'll make accessing them easier. Good work.
ShawnH

PostPosted by KingMilo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 03:05

Love the Mod, gives the game a few new areas I havent tried. Though the Redbeard invasion is a bit OP, I was able to take over the all of the Seven Kingdoms You start only at War with just The Iron Throne not the North,Vale,Wall etc. I just went to Kingslanding and took the throne. After 10 years I still had atleast 58k of troops from my inital invasion meaning I could stomp any potential rebellion even if several Lord Paramount Rebelled at once
KingMilo

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:22

KingMilo wrote:Love the Mod, gives the game a few new areas I havent tried. Though the Redbeard invasion is a bit OP, I was able to take over the all of the Seven Kingdoms You start only at War with just The Iron Throne not the North,Vale,Wall etc. I just went to Kingslanding and took the throne. After 10 years I still had atleast 58k of troops from my inital invasion meaning I could stomp any potential rebellion even if several Lord Paramount Rebelled at once

Hmmmm true, I may tone down the amount of troops he gets

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:04

What about the Skagosi rebellion during the rein of Daeron II? And before you say it's too small of an event, a quote fromn the wiki, "The rebellion lasted for years and claimed the lives of thousands, among them Lord Barthogan Stark, before being put down." thousands of dead including the Lord Paramount of the North, that said, you may still not want to put it in.
Last edited by Dawnbreaker on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:06

Dawnbreaker wrote:What about the Skagosi rebellion during the rein of Daeron II?

That rebellion already exists during the Blackfyre Rebellion I thought? Also they really have no chance of winning at all.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:08

blackninja9939 wrote:
Dawnbreaker wrote:What about the Skagosi rebellion during the rein of Daeron II?

That rebellion already exists during the Blackfyre Rebellion I thought? Also they really have no chance of winning at all.

Yeh so like Raymun give em some troops.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:10

Dawnbreaker wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:

Yeh so like Raymun give em some troops.

But they had no troops even in lore, Raymum had done what Mance has done in ACOK and mobilised all of the people Beyond the Wall, but the Skagos rebellion well they were a tiny sparsely populated island. They had army nor the people to make into one really

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:12

blackninja9939 wrote:But they had no troops even in lore, Raymum had done what Mance has done in ACOK and mobilised all of the people Beyond the Wall, but the Skagos rebellion well they were a tiny sparsely populated island. They had army nor the people to make into one really

Yet they managed a successful rebellion going on for several years in which Thousands died including the Lord Paramount of the North.
Dawnbreaker

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:13

God knows how, that is one of the things in the lore I never understood. They literally had no way of fighting well

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:16

blackninja9939 wrote:God knows how, that is one of the things in the lore I never understood. They literally had no way of fighting well

Yet they did, i would hazard a guess it's because their the bad-ass Stoneborn, but as it is in the mod during the rebellion its about 800 Skagosi versus 15-18 thousand Northmen, surely, to have this more lore friendly, you have to buff the Stoneborn a bit. Why can't you devs see my vision of the mighty Skagosi? :D
Dawnbreaker

Next

Return to Sub-Mods